Page 97 of 127 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #961
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Wealth is an abundance of money so as Y approaches X, Y can no longer be in the Y group they then go into the Z group. So what is your point? (I think that has illustrated my point quite perfectly)
    Yes, and as Y approaches X another Y enters the workforce at the initial Y level. The NEW Y thus supports the advancement of the NEW Z into the Z group. At the same time and OLD Z retires/dies and his/her wealth is distributed to X/Y's and taxed to many other X/Y's. Don't assume X's and Y's are static. This is a CRUDE example of income mobility.

  2. #962
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Total bull****.

    People don't "send in a check", not because they don't think that they should; They know that if they "sent in their check" it would do nothing to a 14 trillion dollar deficit. It has to be a collective effort.
    Um, how is raising taxes on the 'rich' a collective effort?

    You really need to think these things trough a bit more.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #963
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Again Turtle, you have a trained legal mind and I would hope you could make an intelligent and rational case for lower taxation rather than advocate for criminal murder.
    I believe that a fascist government-if it comes to that, needs to be taken out a government that takes 90% of someone's income is fascist and those who advocate such things are better off dead

  4. #964
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    No, there would not be, but that is unrealistic because then there would be no incentive to go to college for 8 years (or 4 years or 2 years etc etc).
    So want Communism, but you know it doesn't work. At least that's a plus.


  5. #965
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Ponzi scheme? Well in that case, I suppose you've never purchased insurance either.
    Yes, I have insurance. But, I also have several kinds of insurance, you'll have to be more specific.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #966
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I don't see it as his philosophy. My philosophy is that as more people join the "rich"/"wealthy" (Subjectively) the rich's "wealth income" decreases.
    OH, I don't see it in his philosophy either. But he did say it and I hoped you could explain it in the context of your X/Y example.

  7. #967
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Um, how is raising taxes on the 'rich' a collective effort?

    You really need to think these things trough a bit more.
    Because the middle class already pay higher taxes than the rich do. They are already doing their part.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #968
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You tend to put A LOT of words into my mouth.
    being older and more experienced in the ways of the world, I have seen thousands who say the same things you do. Those who plan on being winners don't spend a lot of time advocating rules or obstacles that will punish them when they become winners. Those who plan on never being successful tend to spend more time justifying attacks on the successful to slake their own feelings of inadequacy and lack of ambition

  9. #969
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So want Communism, but you know it doesn't work. At least that's a plus.
    The idea is nice, but you're right that it wont work.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #970
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Because the middle class already pay higher taxes than the rich do. They are already doing their part.
    No, some might be paying a higher rate because they don't get all of the loopholes that others do. Eliminate the loopholes...everyone pays the same rate. Problem solved.


Page 97 of 127 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •