Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #941
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    How in the name of god do you think more taxes will make for a better job market? The more regulations and taxes you have, the easier it is for larger entities to enable crony legislation that benefits them.
    what part of my post implied more taxes????
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #942
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Wow, he/she does have a sore spot.


    Why don't you set the standard for others who believe like you by paying a little extra. But you won't because you want the "other guy" to pick up the tab for what you believe, right?
    Nope, you strawmanned my argument.

    People don't send in a check because they know that if they did, it would be a drop of water in a sea, so what is the solution? Everyone drops their drop of water into the sea and then we see the sea level rise. (Try saying that five times fast )
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #943
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Maybe you can round up the nearly 50% who don't pay any income tax and join them in a collective effort.
    Right, also we should ask them to skip a few meals too.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  4. #944
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Nope, you strawmanned my argument.

    People don't send in a check because they know that if they did, it would be a drop of water in a sea, so what is the solution? Everyone drops their drop of water into the sea and then we see the sea level rise. (Try saying that five times fast )
    so it is your learned opinion as a college student that the government needs more money and we are all better off having more of our income taking by the all knowing government

  5. #945
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, also we should ask them to skip a few meals too.

    You are laboring under the delusion that the 50% who aren't federal income tax payers are all on the verge of starvation?

  6. #946
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, I don't think she fits that category at all. And to be honest, If Governor Romney was worth a quarter billion dollars and didn't hire a few people to help his wife (suffering from Cancer and MS) raise 5 kids, he'd definitely be an asshole I wouldn't vote for.

    Besides, if he were a democrat...he'd be banging some aide on the side while his wife was dieing of cancer.....
    LOL - he'd be an asshole? Now you just insulted and put down all the working Dads who support a family and a stay at home mom!
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #947
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Agreed, but it is so much easier to play games with the money when you don't have one...This is why Reid will never allow it up on vote.

    j-mac


    Spot on. Reid can't get enough of his cohorts, a.k.a. Demos, to buy into the budget as is; yet he blames the Repubs. Bonehead nitwit.

  8. #948
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    salaries paid to employees is an expense, and is listed as a deduction from profit..... taxes are paid on income less expenses..
    My bad. I assume people who had to pay 90% of their income wouldn't have much motivation to make that much money since they know they can only keep 10 percent of it.


  9. #949
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Wealth is an abundance of money so as Y approaches X, Y can no longer be in the Y group they then go into the Z group. So what is your point? (I think that has illustrated my point quite perfectly)
    Money is fluid. Wealth is fluid. Who is poor today may be rich tomorrow. You can not really think that money is some fixed amount that is hoarded by the rich can you? That is just stupid.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #950
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    My bad. I assume people who had to pay 90% of their income wouldn't have much motivation to make that much money since they know they can only keep 10 percent of it.
    hopefully if someone had 90% of their income confiscated they'd terminate with extreme prejudice the morons who imposed such fascism

Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •