Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #931
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    There's a finite amount of dollars on the planet?
    yes, the printers of money can only work so fast.....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #932
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,910

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are still wrong then-why should the only group that actually pays far more taxes than what they use or a far higher share of the income tax than their share of the income be the only ones who pay more taxes?
    Because as you well are aware, there is no relationship between the dollar amount of taxes one pays and the amount of government one uses. No less a person than you yourself are on record as stating that such a calculation is not possible to apply to the nation.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #933
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because as you well are aware, there is no relationship between the dollar amount of taxes one pays and the amount of government one uses. No less a person than you yourself are on record as stating that such a calculation is not possible to apply to the nation.
    but the from each according to their ability is merely a philosophy that many of us reject and its not applied properly anyway. Far too many people don't pay near as much as they could and that is mainly the middle class

  4. #934
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    easy there, pardner, I get social security.....

    So all your eggs are in a ponzy scheme racket? And now that it is pay time for you, forget that it is coming down like a house of cards in a tornado, screw the country, just give you your check?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #935
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    What do IOW and BHO mean? (Tried google to no such luck)
    Sorry:

    IOW = in other words
    BHO = Barack Hussein Obama

  6. #936
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Total bull****.

    People don't "send in a check", not because they don't think that they should; They know that if they "sent in their check" it would do nothing to a 14 trillion dollar deficit. It has to be a collective effort.

    Wow, he/she does have a sore spot.


    Why don't you set the standard for others who believe like you by paying a little extra. But you won't because you want the "other guy" to pick up the tab for what you believe, right?

  7. #937
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your problem is that you think that wealth is a finite sum of money. You are dead wrong.

    j-mac
    Wealth is an abundance of money so as Y approaches X, Y can no longer be in the Y group they then go into the Z group. So what is your point? (I think that has illustrated my point quite perfectly)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #938
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Yes, and you've already said that they should be paying 90% of their income. You do realize that leaves almost no money to pay employees, right?
    salaries paid to employees is an expense, and is listed as a deduction from profit..... taxes are paid on income less expenses..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #939
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Because as you well are aware, there is no relationship between the dollar amount of taxes one pays and the amount of government one uses. No less a person than you yourself are on record as stating that such a calculation is not possible to apply to the nation.
    We should use that in determining taxes starting with the calculation of

    Government costs/number of citizens=a starting level for taxes.

  10. #940
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Total bull****.

    People don't "send in a check", not because they don't think that they should; They know that if they "sent in their check" it would do nothing to a 14 trillion dollar deficit. It has to be a collective effort.
    Maybe you can round up the nearly 50% who don't pay any income tax and join them in a collective effort.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

Page 94 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •