Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #881
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I'll tell you why you should send an extra check. You believe taxes should be raised, thus you must be sending in a "little extra" to back up your belief, yes. If not then you don't believe everyone should pay their fair share, you just think "some" should pay higher taxes, just not you.
    Total bull****.

    People don't "send in a check", not because they don't think that they should; They know that if they "sent in their check" it would do nothing to a 14 trillion dollar deficit. It has to be a collective effort.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #882
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    You shouldn't need someone to tell you what you are.



    I see that. Thank you.
    Its just confusing when I'm debating politics and people start discussing my lean. I guess I just don't expect it so I go along with it.

    Edit:
    Problem solved
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #883
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    To be rich and run for President is acceptable. To be rich, run for President, and be utterly clueless as to how to relate to average people is not.
    I don't agree that the rich are utterly clueless.....but the poor? Anybody who expects to be taken care of just because they were born in the USA is clueless...
    We can't expect to continue as a nation if the takers outnumber the providers.
    I'll take an idiot savant any day if the savant part can improve the economy and increase employment.
    But so far, most of the politicians savant part seems to be idiocy.
    Romney is smart with a business background. Obama is smart with a legal/political background.
    It doesn't matter if either or both knows the price of groceries, it matters what they know about getting off this death spiral our economy is in...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #884
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Total bull****.

    People don't "send in a check", not because they don't think that they should; They know that if they "sent in their check" it would do nothing to a 14 trillion dollar deficit. It has to be a collective effort.
    You do realize that the Buffett Rule would barely make a dent in the deficit either, right?


  5. #885
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I don't agree that the rich are utterly clueless.....but the poor? Anybody who expects to be taken care of just because they were born in the USA is clueless...
    We can't expect to continue as a nation if the takers outnumber the providers.
    I'll take an idiot savant any day if the savant part can improve the economy and increase employment.
    But so far, most of the politicians savant part seems to be idiocy.
    Romney is smart with a business background. Obama is smart with a legal/political background.
    It doesn't matter if either or both knows the price of groceries, it matters what they know about getting off this death spiral our economy is in...
    Now if only they could work together and stop calling the others economic terrorist we wouldn't have these problems...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #886
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    You do realize that the Buffett Rule would barely make a dent in the deficit either, right?
    Right, but I think that their has to be common ground. We shouldn't cut our government while companies continue to make record profits (and that term is not even accurate to "record profits").

    Hehe Edit:

    Who would know that on page 89 of a Obama hate thread we would be discussing the economy lol.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  7. #887
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, but I think that their has to be common ground. We shouldn't cut our government while companies continue to make record profits (and that term is not even accurate to "record profits").
    I'm not seeing the correlation. Why can't private companies make as much money as they want?


  8. #888
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    what needs to be shared is a better job market....people who are gainfully employed are less likely to be obsessing about the rich..
    But, I have always maintained that our economy works better if we have 1,000 millionaires instead of 1 billionaire.
    The "playing field" could be made more level...


    I think we'd be better off if we cut every govt agency by 10%. Cut spending by 25% for starters and for crap sake pass a da*n budget.

  9. #889
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Now if only they could work together and stop calling the others economic terrorist we wouldn't have these problems...

    Maybe they could work that out as soon as Obama stops using language like "Flat Earthers" in his campaign rhetoric.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #890
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Same as, for lack of a better term, what I would like to hear what you say about us liberals in private TurtleDude. (I used for lack of a better term because I don't want to hear what you say about us liberals in private lol.)

    depends on which issue. I have almost as little use for bible thumping moral fascists on social issues as I do for reactionary parasitic statists (ie liberals) on economic issues

Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •