Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #851
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    No J, THIS is what you said.



    You essentially argued that people are ENTITLED to a personal vehicle.

    And I don't mean to be rude buddy, but the whole "how are they going to get to the store" is a complete red herring. If you live in a remote community where cars and stores aren't around, chances are your community is finding a way to provide for itself, or else you wouldn't be living there in the first place. People don't just live in remote areas away from stores and jobs for no reason.
    I guess that is a good point StillBallin (The second half).

    BTW, you may of missed it but I agreed with you a couple pages back.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #852
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    This is what I find hilarious. You can't win a debate so you turn to personal attacks.
    you think you are winning? Are you charlie sheen?
    Has anyone agreed with you so far?
    Get off your ass and make a life for yourself, stop making excuses.
    BTW, I am 66 soon, and what I have was earned...in my parents house, it was 18 and out....or pay room and board...
    no student grant or loan programs, just the draft....
    Forgive me if I don't have sympathy for your plight...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #853
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I could only name one. One of my neighbors runs a business where he does house repair work.



    This is the last time I will address this Josie. Please stop bringing up my age. I'm not going to tell you it. If I "politically lie" please let me know so I can change my political opinion. BTW, you should really look up the definition of lying before you throw the term around. For someone to lie, they must intentionally know that they are deceiving the other person and make no effort to retract their statement when they find out they are wrong.
    She meant "where do you lie politically" as in where you lie on the spectrum. She was not accusing you of dishonesty.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #854
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    you think you are winning? Are you charlie sheen?
    Has anyone agreed with you so far?
    Get off your ass and make a life for yourself, stop making excuses.
    BTW, I am 66 soon, and what I have was earned...in my parents house, it was 18 and out....or pay room and board...
    no student grant or loan programs, just the draft....
    Forgive me if I don't have sympathy for your plight...
    You know nothing about me.
    BTW, people don't have to agree with you for you to be right. That just means you are popular. I don't base my opinions on what is or isn't popular.
    Also, I'm not going to college so I can make big bucks; I'm going to college so I can live a happy life.

    (BTW, I wouldn't mind telling you my age, just not here open on the forum. PM me if curiosity really has peaked your interests)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #855
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    She meant "where do you lie politically" as in where you lie on the spectrum. She was not accusing you of dishonesty.
    Ohhh.... totally misread that, sorry Josie.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #856
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    And amazingly I accomplish these things believing in the things I do.

    Good thing for America you're not in charge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #857
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I know many adults whose only income is odd jobs like this.




    Actually I was assuming that since you have to keep going back changing what you say and since you really have no clue where you lie politically.
    I guess to readdress this, why is it necessary for me to have to know where i politically lie to be able to talk about what I believe in? Besides, the stuff I change is meaningless stuff (IE I said right to a car and changed that to transportation)

    (Sorry for the misinterpretation, you can thank StillBallin75 for pointing it out to me hehe)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #858
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Good thing for America you're not in charge...
    Great argument. Honestly, if you want to talk about political opinions, how do you know what you believe in is actually right and would maximize well being, which I hope is everyone's objective goal? I can't be to sure that the stuff I believe in is objectively right. That is the difference between me and most people, I am open to change, because I realize that I may be wrong, when change is necessary, other people will say the same but not do the same.
    Last edited by Jryan; 04-14-12 at 02:33 PM.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #859
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You know nothing about me.
    BTW, people don't have to agree with you for you to be right. That just means you are popular. I don't base my opinions on what is or isn't popular.
    Also, I'm not going to college so I can make big bucks; I'm going to college so I can live a happy life.

    (BTW, I wouldn't mind telling you my age, just not here open on the forum. PM me if curiosity really has peaked your interests)
    I didn't ask if you were "liked", just if anyone agrees with you....
    we know nothing about you becuase like a lot of posters here, you want to remain anonymous.
    You are in college? what is your major?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #860
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I didn't ask if you were "liked", just if anyone agrees with you....
    we know nothing about you becuase like a lot of posters here, you want to remain anonymous.
    You are in college? what is your major?
    I'm majoring in either Meteorology or Pure Mathematics.

    I think it is important to remain anonymous though sometimes because a lot of people here would ostracize you for being young. Although I'm more than happy to tell people my age and other things in a PM because I know that if they blurted it out on the internet they would look bad, well I should add only certain people .

    (I've had people claim that wisdom is knowledge)

    Yeah, people agree with me. (I only know this because I've pulled much of my argument from books I've read on the subject of free will and other political books)
    Last edited by Jryan; 04-14-12 at 02:37 PM.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •