Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #791
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    How about you STAY ON TOPIC!!!
    It seems you and others brought up the Buffett rule and taxes.

    Lefty's sure get testy when you bring up cuts in spending....LOL
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  2. #792
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    How about you STAY ON TOPIC!!!
    Well, the topic is Ann Romney.....


  3. #793
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No seriously, why would you respond with "send a check", if you didn't think it was a reasonable answer. This a common response to the "increase taxes on the wealthy" argument by those on the right and they usually think it's a reasonable and fair response. If you don't think it's reasonable, why did you say it? Or are you backtracking?
    No, I'm not backtracking, I'm being a facetious twit.


  4. #794
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    No, I'm not backtracking, I'm being a facetious twit.
    So you're backtracking or you still don't understand. Got it. Let me help out you and the others who frequently respond "send a check" to an argument instead of actually making a counterargument that makes sense. Raising taxes on the wealthy is about making the tax code accurately reflect income inequality. Sending a check doesn't do that. It just gives more money to the government.

  5. #795
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    It seems you and others brought up the Buffett rule and taxes.

    Lefty's sure get testy when you bring up cuts in spending....LOL
    I'm not testy. I used the exact same format as your original sentence. In any case, talking about "cutting spending" has nothing to do with that I said.

  6. #796
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm not testy. I used the exact same format as your original sentence. In any case, talking about "cutting spending" has nothing to do with that I said.
    Of course it doesn't...Lefty only knows about raising taxes.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  7. #797
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Of course it doesn't...Lefty only knows about raising taxes.
    I said, "it has nothing to do with what I said," not "it has nothing to do with I know". By your logic if I'm not talking about dogs in my post, I must not know about them. Try harder.

  8. #798
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    So you're backtracking or you still don't understand. Got it. Let me help out you and the others who frequently respond "send a check" to an argument instead of actually making a counterargument that makes sense. Raising taxes on the wealthy is about making the tax code accurately reflect income inequality. Sending a check doesn't do that. It just gives more money to the government.
    You can send a check and tell them what to apply it to. If it's for social justice, I'm sure you could find someplace to apply it to to suit your needs.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  9. #799
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    So.... about Ann Romney....


  10. #800
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    with no effort on their part?
    we all have access, I guess what we are argueing is who pays for it....
    and I'm arguing that if everyone has the right to it then letting something like money stand in the way is not right.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    A car should be a right?

    People should have these things (given to them if need be) regardless of any ability to obtain them themselves?
    Yes, well unless the person is unable to drive a car, people should have these things, and you mentioned the car so I'll start there. People, in this day and age, need a car to get to and from work, so therefore it has become a basic need.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    First thing we give them is access to a job.....THAT is how govt should help us, since so much of what they do relates to availability of jobs.
    My brother was offered a job, but he would have had to move to where the job was, and he didn't want to do that. He was, and is, single so he had nothing holding him where he was. Our sister even offered him a room in her house, which was near the job.
    I say let him suffer the consequences...
    I totally agree here because, contrary to popular belief, the private sector is designed so that they can minimize the amount of people on their payroll.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •