Page 76 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #751
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
    Yes, I do. Eugenics is the idea of eradicating people with low IQ's either by dictating that they can't have sex or by killing them off...

    Do you honestly think I use words in which I have no idea what they mean?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #752
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Giving hand outs to people who need it is a good thing. I don't see how someone can approach this moral question and end with an answer of no, we shouldn't help those in need.
    I agree completely. However, you seemsto think that no matter what you do, you are genetically predisposed to either failure or success. So, I ask, what would be the point in supporting someone you "know" has no ability to ever succeed?

    Keep in mind I am exploring your point, not making a statement of my own.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #753
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes, I do. Eugenics is the idea of eradicating people with low IQ's either by dictating that they can't have sex or by killing them off...
    Also is assuming that people with "bad genes" can not succeed. This is eugenic in nature. Your point, most certainly not mine.

    Do you honestly think I use words in which I have no idea what they mean?
    At least ones you don't have a full understanding of, yes.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #754
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I'm arguing that everything is out of our control .

    Anyways, I'm off for the day.

    I'll stick around until Utah comes back actually because I can't accuse someone of being pro eugenics and then leaving lol.
    Not sure you are using the right word here....
    I am for rewarding effort, and NOT rewarding laziness, self indulgence, instant gratification at the expense of your future, etc.
    I know a lot of people who make good money and spend all of it plus more, who have all the toys and gadgets but no health insurance for them or thier kids.

    The Romneys started out better than most of us, my kids started out better than me, and my grandkids will do even bettter.
    Every generation should be better than the last,( but not at govt expense). It is the parent's responsibility to raise their kids to be better, do better, live better, etc..
    You don't belittle success and then expect others to want it...
    Last edited by UtahBill; 04-14-12 at 12:13 PM.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #755
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    No one who tries alcohol says, "Hey, I'm SO gonna become an alcoholic! Score!" That's stupid. They choose to keep drinking it. Their fault.
    So then you ignore the fact that some people are predisposed to becoming addicted. The fact that they make a choice daily to drink alcohol isn't a choice to become addicted, it is a momentary lapse in a overall hindsight of their life.

    Oh, c'mon. They chose to try a drug that they should KNOW makes people high. Their fault.
    Peer pressure ring a bell here? If you are going to argue that peer pressure has nothing to do with decisions people make then I point you to this video:



    If you don't know your bf/gf, don't get married. Duh.
    What a person knows about their bf/gf and they actually know about their bf/gf are two different things.

    "Bad genes" encompasses many things including being more likely to have heart disease, diabetes, etc. Being mentally ill is a whole other area because that person didn't choose to be mentally ill. I have no problem helping those that cannot help themselves.
    Right, so you are agreeing with me then just on a part of my argument?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #756
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Not sure you are using the right word here....
    I am for rewarding effort, and NOT rewarding laziness, self indulgence, instant gratification at the expense of your future, etc.
    I know a lot of people who make good money and spend all of it plus run more, who have all the toys and gadgets but no health insurance for them or thier kids.
    Right, and I agree that the monetary system is a reward for good behavior as it should be. But we can't punish people with starvation because they made a bad choice, freewill existant or non-existant.

    The Romneys started out better than most of us, my kids started out better than me, and my grandkids will do even bettter.
    Every generation should be better than the last,( but not at govt expense). It is the parent's responsibility to raise their kids to be better, do better, live better, etc..
    You don't belittle success and then expect others to want it...
    Actually, each generation's IQ is higher than the previous ones.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  7. #757
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I agree completely. However, you seemsto think that no matter what you do, you are genetically predisposed to either failure or success. So, I ask, what would be the point in supporting someone you "know" has no ability to ever succeed?
    The point would be, if I even wanted to leave out morals, that if we eradicate a genetic line that is overall bad for humanity. When gene pools mix, well see incest.

    Keep in mind I am exploring your point, not making a statement of my own.
    I'll keep that in mind .

    (I really have to go, I'll get back to this thread later)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #758
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, and I agree that the monetary system is a reward for good behavior as it should be. But we can't punish people with starvation because they made a bad choice, freewill existant or non-existant.



    Actually, each generation's IQ is higher than the previous ones.
    I never said starve them....just make sure that bad behaviour doesn't pay well....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #759
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I never said starve them....just make sure that bad behaviour doesn't pay well....
    Right, but they should be payed enough to enjoy their life.

    (Although I will add that I have no idea where this pay level is or where this mean for a enjoyable life is)

    lol, I liked the post though, made me laugh.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #760
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Right, and I agree that the monetary system is a reward for good behavior as it should be. But we can't punish people with starvation because they made a bad choice, freewill existant or non-existant.



    Actually, each generation's IQ is higher than the previous ones.
    Really? then explain reality TV....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •