Page 75 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #741
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You want to give money to people you think can't make it anyways due to their lack of IQ?
    lol, another pro eugenics has joined the discussion. (I'm asking what you propose instead here just FYI)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #742
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We already do that... taxes.
    Right, us liberals (Whatever I am), tend to think that they aren't being taxed enough.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #743
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So someone that has never tried alcohol before, not knowing how they will react to it, then becomes an alcoholic and the original choice was to become one? How bout a drug addict who decides to try pot for the first time and becomes addicted to that. Was their original intent to be addicted to it? No... Are they in control of their behavior henceforth? No, they are high... How about someone who chooses a wrong spouse? They may not of known all the facts about this person they were being married to. You will probably argue that they then shouldn't of gotten married to them. Relationships change though...

    You can "choose" to rise above bad genes? WHAT!?! So someone who is mentally ill, cannot function as a person need only will themselves to work hard? My Oh My, you have just solved the worlds problems here.
    If they can't rise above "bad genes" what good is artificially propping them up? What good does that do society other than promoting artificial fitness of these genetic detriments to our society?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #744
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    If they can't rise above "bad genes" what good is artificially propping them up? What good does that do society other than promoting artificial fitness of these genetic detriments to our society?
    You should address the pro eugenic nature of your posts.

    (Hint: Nazis were Eugenics)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #745
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    lol, another pro eugenics has joined the discussion. (I'm asking what you propose instead here just FYI)
    I'm actually very anti-eugenics, which is why I think your "bad genes" theory is absurd. Beyond that, I can't for the life of me understand how you think giving handouts to people you say are un-help-able makes any friggin sense what-so-ever.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #746
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So someone that has never tried alcohol before, not knowing how they will react to it, then becomes an alcoholic and the original choice was to become one?
    No one who tries alcohol says, "Hey, I'm SO gonna become an alcoholic! Score!" That's stupid. They choose to keep drinking it. Their fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    How bout a drug addict who decides to try pot for the first time and becomes addicted to that. Was their original intent to be addicted to it? No... Are they in control of their behavior henceforth? No, they are high...
    Oh, c'mon. They chose to try a drug that they should KNOW makes people high. Their fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    How about someone who chooses a wrong spouse? They may not of known all the facts about this person they were being married to. You will probably argue that they then shouldn't of gotten married to them. Relationships change though...
    If you don't know your bf/gf, don't get married. Duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You can "choose" to rise above bad genes? WHAT!?! So someone who is mentally ill, cannot function as a person need only will themselves to work hard? My Oh My, you have just solved the worlds problems here.
    "Bad genes" encompasses many things including being more likely to have heart disease, diabetes, etc. Being mentally ill is a whole other area because that person didn't choose to be mentally ill. I have no problem helping those that cannot help themselves.


  7. #747
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    lol right, but the reason you moved away wasn't because you knew it would be conducive to your survival. It was probably just because you were annoyed with your family. Luck was on your side .
    Annoyed doesn't begin to describe it.....
    my parents wanted all their children to have the same disadvantages....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #748
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You should address the pro eugenic nature of your posts.

    (Hint: Nazis were Eugenics)
    You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #749
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I'm actually very anti-eugenics, which is why I think your "bad genes" theory is absurd. Beyond that, I can't for the life of me understand how you think giving handouts to people you say are un-help-able makes any friggin sense what-so-ever.
    Giving hand outs to people who need it is a good thing. I don't see how someone can approach this moral question and end with an answer of no, we shouldn't help those in need.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #750
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    You should address the pro eugenic nature of your posts.

    (Hint: Nazis were Eugenics)
    As were many early 20th century American progressives.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •