Page 71 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #701
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I think you might need to change your lean.
    lol, in one forum someone said I should change it to this and now you are suggesting otherwise? What should I do Haha... (Other maybe?)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  2. #702
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    No, I am merely saying that because of the system that we have, only a few can be rich and live the good life; therefore, this is why I used the word luck. You don't will yourself into a conducive environment for learning, you don't will yourself to have good parents, you don't will yourself not to have clubbed feet, you don't will yourself to have a high IQ, therefore you cannot will yourself to be rich; furthermore, you then cannot expect the other hard working Americans to feel like they have been taken advantage of by a system in which they have no control over; therefore, they demand that these lucky people give back to a society that they have reaped such a huge benefit from. In a sense, humility.

    I realize there are people in our society that can not take care of themselves for various reasons. And IMO, we should help those in these conditions.

    But you will never convince me that 48% of taxpayers who don't pay any taxes are all in that group. I can remember having to pay my taxes and wondering where I was gonna get the money because I was living from paycheck to paycheck. It taught me a great lesson, work hard and save more.

    Sure crap happens in everyone's life. Sure we are all not dealt the same cards. Do I like it no. But will I lay down and do nothing about bettering my circumstances, no.

  3. #703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    So what do you propose that a city like Chicago does? Cut taxes on the rich and cut government spending? You would be leaving one of the poorest cities in our nation with nothing to live for...
    What do I propose......I propose that all of them quit electing Democrats thinking that they stand for them and their way of life. I propose taking these 3 three top Largest Cities in the US away from Democratically controlled governments and put them into the hands of fiscally responsible people understanding that Country Comes first Not Party.

  4. #704
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The difference is that the liberal rich people view their wealth as luck, as apposed to the right who view their riches as something they worked hard for and therefore earned. The right feel entitled to the money that they have.

    Me, I tend to falter to the side of humbleness as apposed to the side of greediness.
    Really, you think that someone that attended Princeton and Harvard views their success as luck?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #705
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    I realize there are people in our society that can not take care of themselves for various reasons. And IMO, we should help those in these conditions.

    But you will never convince me that 48% of taxpayers who don't pay any taxes are all in that group. I can remember having to pay my taxes and wondering where I was gonna get the money because I was living from paycheck to paycheck. It taught me a great lesson, work hard and save more.

    Sure crap happens in everyone's life. Sure we are all not dealt the same cards. Do I like it no. But will I lay down and do nothing about bettering my circumstances, no.
    Partially right, everyone pays taxes on goods that they buy that is why most states don't raise this because it is in a sense a tax raise on the poor. I think the problem here though is that we don't have the exact right amount of people who should be subsidized. That is a very hard line to find I would think.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #706
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And your point is what? That Michelle Obama isn't the regular US mom? You are absolutely right about that, she is not a regular mom, but she is not being used by her husband as his public advisor/source about the hardships of regular women.
    Really....hmm

    Chirpstory - First Lady Michelle Obama Reaches out to Women Voters
    Michelle Obama Reaches Out to Military Women - NYTimes.com
    White House reaches out to women voters - Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com
    The Badger Herald: News: Michelle Obama reaches out to women, students at UW
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #707
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Really, you think that someone that attended Princeton and Harvard views their success as luck?
    Lol, you straw manned the rest of my argument...

    Lets take a look at IQ (Intelligence Quotient indicates how well you will do in school and subsequently the SAT is a form of an IQ test to tell you how well you will do in College). The IQ test is designed to measure how well someone will do in school. It has been found out that 80% of someone's IQ comes from their genetics and 20% comes from their upbringing. Now how big of a difference 20% makes depends on the scale of the numerical IQ someone has (We use 1~300ish), but we don't know if IQ is measured physically as 1-1X10^20000. So in a sense, you don't have control of your brain that you claim to have developed so eloquently. You are a product of a preconceived genetic process. So whether you have free will in a moment to moment situation isn't even on the table, if you are a product of things that you have no control over, how is it that anyone can just work hard and make millions? Hell, what if they were never told this? What if they were born into a bad family and lost some of their potential IQ?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  8. #708
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden47 View Post
    Our conservative "friends" take exception for comments made about Ann Romney being a "stay-at-home mother"

    BUT

    when Michelle Obama attempts to focus public attention on the problem of childhood obesity in America, which of the GOP presidential candidates is first in line to heap "self-serving" criticism and ridicule on her initiatives - Mitt Romney!
    Oh, the humanity!
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #709
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Lets take a look at IQ (Intelligence Quotient indicates how well you will do in school and subsequently the SAT is a form of an IQ test to tell you how well you will do in College). The IQ test is designed to measure how well someone will do in school. It has been found out that 80% of someone's IQ comes from their genetics and 20% comes from their upbringing. Now how big of a difference 20% makes depends on the scale of the numerical IQ someone has (We use 1~300ish), but we don't know if IQ is measured physically as 1-1X10^20000. So in a sense, you don't have control of your brain that you claim to have developed so eloquently. You are a product of a preconceived genetic process. So whether you have free will in a moment to moment situation isn't even on the table, if you are a product of things that you have no control over, how is it that anyone can just work hard and make millions? Hell, what if they were never told this? What if they were born into a bad family and lost some of their potential IQ?
    Correction: 40 to 80%.

    The Bell Curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    IQ Test Experts - IQ Myths - IQ Articles

  10. #710
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Ah, I was going off memory , no where does it say that freewill influences your IQ though...
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •