Page 69 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #681
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    it is amazing that the defending of the dnc lady continues. As well as the 'assumptions' about the romneys and their lives.

    Oh, I lied, it's not amazing at all. It is expected some people will continue to beat the same drum, never mind that data has been put forth which invalidates their opinions.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #682
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,669

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The difference is that the liberal rich people view their wealth as luck, as apposed to the right who view their riches as something they worked hard for and therefore earned. The right feel entitled to the money that they have.
    It disturbs me that you seem to imply that this is a bad thing.


  3. #683
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,429

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The difference is that the liberal rich people view their wealth as luck, as apposed to the right who view their riches as something they worked hard for and therefore earned. The right feel entitled to the money that they have.

    Me, I tend to falter to the side of humbleness as apposed to the side of greediness.
    Not sure where the humility vs. greed thing comes in. (Isn't the opposite of humility "arrogance"?) I do think, though, that I am entitled to the money I earn.
    Because I've earned it and it's mine.

  4. #684
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,280

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    And of course by contrast, you'd say the Michelle Obama is in touch with the average American mother?

    "Following law school, she was an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin, where she first met her future husband. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, it has been on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.[46]In 1991, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[19] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood 12 years after she left.[17]
    In 1996, she served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[47] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[48] She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign, but cut back to part time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election;[49] she subsequently took a leave of absence from her job.[50] According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The Obamas' total income, however, was $991,296, which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[51]
    She served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE: THS),[52] a major Wal-Mart supplier with whom she cut ties immediately after her husband made comments critical of Wal-Mart at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007.[53] She serves on the board of directors of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.[54]"
    And your point is what? That Michelle Obama isn't the regular US mom? You are absolutely right about that, she is not a regular mom, but she is not being used by her husband as his public advisor/source about the hardships of regular women.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #685
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    The difference is that the liberal rich people view their wealth as luck, as apposed to the right who view their riches as something they worked hard for and therefore earned. The right feel entitled to the money that they have.

    Me, I tend to falter to the side of humbleness as apposed to the side of greediness.

    Luck? So then what you're saying is that Libbys don't work for their money, it just comes to them via luck?

    You da*n right I've worked for what I have. I didn't see anyone handing me any "luck" when I was struggling to make ends meet. I got up at 3:30am, on the train by 5:00am, in the office at 6-6:30am and working until 4:30pm for all my "greed".

    I would sure have liked some of the Libby luck and I wouldn't have worked a butt kicking schedule like I did for my "greed".

  6. #686
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    It disturbs me that you seem to imply that this is a bad thing.
    I may of painted a picture I didn't mean to. Yes, people should be rewarded for hard work, but why is it that our system is set up to only reward such a small percentage of our population when the rest of us work hard and don't even see a percent of that?
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  7. #687
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,429

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    it is amazing that the defending of the dnc lady continues. As well as the 'assumptions' about the romneys and their lives.

    Oh, I lied, it's not amazing at all. It is expected some people will continue to beat the same drum, never mind that data has been put forth which invalidates their opinions.
    Just as you can expect sleazemeisters to try to uncover sordid secrets that will play out in "shocked" 24-hour news cycles and blah-blah-blah. Nothing new here, sadly.

  8. #688
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,669

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I may of painted a picture I didn't mean to. Yes, people should be rewarded for hard work, but why is it that our system is set up to only reward such a small percentage of our population when the rest of us work hard and don't even see a percent of that?
    Are you saying that you don't think that a doctor should make a lot more money than a fast food worker? If not, I don't really know what you're saying.


  9. #689
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And your point is what? That Michelle Obama isn't the regular US mom? You are absolutely right about that, she is not a regular mom, but she is not being used by her husband as his public advisor/source about the hardships of regular women.

    Sure. The President doesn't talk to his wife about his daily duties. He says to her - "listen little woman, you know you can't possible get your little brain around these situations, leave that to me".

  10. #690
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Luck? So then what you're saying is that Libbys don't work for their money, it just comes to them via luck?

    You da*n right I've worked for what I have. I didn't see anyone handing me any "luck" when I was struggling to make ends meet. I got up at 3:30am, on the train by 5:00am, in the office at 6-6:30am and working until 4:30pm for all my "greed".

    I would sure have liked some of the Libby luck and I wouldn't have worked a butt kicking schedule like I did for my "greed".
    No, I am merely saying that because of the system that we have, only a few can be rich and live the good life; therefore, this is why I used the word luck. You don't will yourself into a conducive environment for learning, you don't will yourself to have good parents, you don't will yourself not to have clubbed feet, you don't will yourself to have a high IQ, therefore you cannot will yourself to be rich; furthermore, you then cannot expect the other hard working Americans to feel like they have been taken advantage of by a system in which they have no control over; therefore, they demand that these lucky people give back to a society that they have reaped such a huge benefit from. In a sense, humility.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •