Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #391
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Someone said that Ann Romney was demonized. I disagree. She was just exposed as a woman who really doesn't get what most women experience on a daily basis.

    Yes, being a stay at home parent is work but she never had to juggle raising her children, hold down a job, and have the worries that a working parent goes through 24/7.

    I think most reasonable people knew what Hilary Rosen was talking about.
    Because you 'relate' so well to MO...right?

  2. #392
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    To be the devils advocate for a sec.....how can someone describe chocolate if they never tasted it?
    Ever had leprosy? Feel like you have to have had it to know it sucks? And again...PLEASE tell me you 'relate' with MO. Like...Im sure MOST people you know can relate to someone who is given a board position at a hospital for a few hundred k a year...a job that didnt exist prior to it being created for you and hasnt been filled since. That happens to MOST people I know.

  3. #393
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ever had leprosy? Feel like you have to have had it to know it sucks? And again...PLEASE tell me you 'relate' with MO. Like...Im sure MOST people you know can relate to someone who is given a board position at a hospital for a few hundred k a year...a job that didnt exist prior to it being created for you and hasnt been filled since. That happens to MOST people I know.
    I am wishing it happens to me.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #394
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I am wishing it happens to me.
    Hey...so is that engineer in Texas who's wife talked on the phone to Obama...the one that Obama said he was sure he could find a job for him because they are hiring engineers left and right. Except...not so much.

  5. #395
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Hey...so is that engineer in Texas who's wife talked on the phone to Obama...the one that Obama said he was sure he could find a job for him because they are hiring engineers left and right. Except...not so much.
    I thought the story on that is that the guy got a lot of job offers and didn't take any of them. I wasn't really following it, but I was under the impression that he was basically going through the motions to look for a job and that he didn't accept one.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #396
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    And that's fine..there's nothing wrong with someone staying home to take care of the kids. I'm sure if more families could afford they would choose that route.....

    But Rosen is right...if your indicator on what policies are important to women is based on things your wife said...she represents a very very very small sliver of what most women deal with. It's a fact. Just like Mitt Romney almost has no inkling of what most Americans go through daily or in life.
    Oh sure, he bases ALL of what he knows about working woman from what his wife tells him. He ignores everything else he knows, what his advisors tell him, what is prudent makes poicy based on what his wife says. I love how people play dumb and think they can get away with making a point. Every president talks about their wife on the campaign trail and tries to give them kudos for raising their kids, or whatever, saying trivial things like "I'll have to ask the boss", etc., It means nothing to policy. Give it a rest.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

  7. #397
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ever had leprosy? Feel like you have to have had it to know it sucks? And again...PLEASE tell me you 'relate' with MO. Like...Im sure MOST people you know can relate to someone who is given a board position at a hospital for a few hundred k a year...a job that didnt exist prior to it being created for you and hasnt been filled since. That happens to MOST people I know.
    Do you think the only way people can relate to each other is through having similar jobs?

  8. #398
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    [QUOTE=Grant;1060390933]

    Yes, i believe that's what happened and I would certainly give anyone the benefit of any doubt before I called them a liar.

    In fact it is you who are the liar, and we both know it.
    Its typical of some-the article cited the times. He cannot refute the facts.

  9. #399
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Rather than read over 350 posts...can some one explain why I should care whether Ann Romney has worked or not?
    You shouldn't. Conservatives picked up on a random statement by some CNN commentator and made into a big issue that doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with how Romney or Obama will do if elected/re-elected.

  10. #400
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Is that right? You mean she didn't get into Princeton because Daddy and Mummy went there? Not really. Her dad worked at the water plant and her mom was a secretary. In highschool, "she was on the honor roll for four years, took advanced placement classes, was a member of the National Honor Society and served as student council treasurer. Obama graduated in 1981 as the salutatorian of her class [hint: that means she graduated second in her class]." She graduated cum laude from Princeton, which is probably good enough to get into Harvard Law, given her other activities, whether or not she was black.

    Now let's see, Ann's father was wealthy businessman and he sent her to private schools. She graduated from highschool, apparently without honors, and then from BYU, apparently without honors.

    Hmm, hard to decide which is the more impressive woman....
    The thing is, some people look at Mrs. Obama and see a well-educated black woman and say, "She couldn't have possibly done it on her own," so they concoct some story that runs contrary to evidence in order to discredit her. Shame, really.

Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •