Page 26 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #251
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Maybe; maybe not. Maybe moms have a lot more in common than what separates them. Consider, for example, Karen Santorum and what she has in common with other moms whose babies have trisomy 18. I don't think race or education or bank account matters when it comes to the big stuff.
    The only way to realy tell is to get to know her personally and see where she stands.

    Regardless: I read that she's staying out of the political arena a bit because it gets to her - and I don't blame her - people should really focus on her husband in the end, I agree.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A lot of women are not going to relate to Ann Romney which is going to be The Problem, as opposed to pondering if it's a personal or character problem of Ann's for not having actually worked.
    You feel a lot of women relate to Michelle Obama who, until her husband was nominated, never felt pride in her country??

  3. #253
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    To be the devils advocate for a sec.....how can someone describe chocolate if they never tasted it?

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Someone said that Ann Romney was demonized. I disagree. She was just exposed as a woman who really doesn't get what most women experience on a daily basis.

    Yes, being a stay at home parent is work but she never had to juggle raising her children, hold down a job, and have the worries that a working parent goes through 24/7.

    I think most reasonable people knew what Hilary Rosen was talking about.
    Yeah you are right, MIchelle is far more realistic-a woman who got into Princeton and Harvard due almost solely from her race and then got a 200K salary increase because her Husband slimed his way to a senate seat.

  5. #255
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Someone said that Ann Romney was demonized. I disagree. She was just exposed as a woman who really doesn't get what most women experience on a daily basis.

    Yes, being a stay at home parent is work but she never had to juggle raising her children, hold down a job, and have the worries that a working parent goes through 24/7.

    I think most reasonable people knew what Hilary Rosen was talking about.
    Yeah, because she made good decisions in her life. Married a man who stayed with the family, loves his family, not some dead beat dad who leaves the mother with a bunch of toddlers. She should be condemned because she chose wisely???
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

  6. #256
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah you are right, MIchelle is far more realistic-a woman who got into Princeton and Harvard due almost solely from her race and then got a 200K salary increase because her Husband slimed his way to a senate seat.
    She did have a job though. Way to keep it classy, unlike those unprincipled lefties who go after a man's wife...

    Frankly, I don't care. Ann Romney has MS and her husband is beyond rich. I wouldn't work either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #257
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Yeah, because she made good decisions in her life. Married a man who stayed with the family, loves his family, not some dead beat dad who leaves the mother with a bunch of toddlers. She should be condemned because she chose wisely???
    Don't talk about Newt's wives like that. It's not their fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #258
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,360

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Someone said that Ann Romney was demonized. I disagree. She was just exposed as a woman who really doesn't get what most women experience on a daily basis.
    Michelle Obama doesn't either. Heck, no FLOTUS or would-be FLOTUS does since the average woman's husband isn't running for President.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    I think most reasonable people knew what Hilary Rosen was talking about.
    Right. Which is why she apologized.


  9. #259
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The only way to realy tell is to get to know her personally and see where she stands.

    Regardless: I read that she's staying out of the political arena a bit because it gets to her - and I don't blame her - people should really focus on her husband in the end, I agree.
    Exactly--the focus should be on the candidate and the issues.

    As for my other point, I don't need to know Karen Santorum personally to know that irrespective of her place in society or personal background, she feels a kinship with other moms whose babies have trisonomy 18 that breaks socio-economic and racial barriers.

    What I mean in the larger sense about moms is that there is much more that we share than what separates us. Don't care who you are or how much you have in the bank, no amount of money will blow that sick baby's nose for you. No nanny or pediatrician can "make it all better."

  10. #260
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A middle class woman raising 5 kids is a lot different from an extremely wealthy mother raising 5 kids. I used to watch the Real Housewives a lot, and all of them had nannies and maids. I really don't think it's the same. Wealthy mothers stay home and go to work for different reasons. It's never a issue of finding an affordable babysitter or having to stay home to save money, or being forced to miss work because of kid has a common, childhood illness. Some women would love to be a housewife, but the family needs two incomes. Some women would hate being a housewife, and that creates conflict in a marriage as well.

    I am not trying to talk bad about Ann Romney. All I am saying is that that there is a huge difference in being a housewife depending on a woman's economic status.


    More class warfare....please continue with your jealousy. That damn Ann, she made good decisions in her life...how dare she not have 5 kids with 5 different dads who aren't around.
    If it sounds like Marx and acts like Stalin...it must be Obama

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •