Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #1191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    While I don't think that Hilary Rosen intended to blurt what she did, she was already scheduled, wasn't she, for "Meet the Press" this Sunday? Not sure. Am sure, because she has been such a frequent visitor to the White House, that Rosen didn't just happen to have been booked on Anderson Cooper's show.

    My guess is that the intent was to gin up the so-called "war on women." If so, it backfired, and I do mean explosively.
    And they threw her into the thrash bin.

  2. #1192
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,876

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Publicly anyway. I don't think there was much choice.

  3. #1193
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    more importantly, how do we get the politicians, and the voters, to focus on the important issues that affect the entire country, like the economy, instead of lesser issues that are actually more distractions than issues?
    Our nations strength is highly dependent on a healthy economy, much more so than correcting a bunch of perceived inequalities or injustices.
    We are becoming a fragmented society, and we have forgotten that "we the people" means all of us, not just those we might agree with, or identify with.
    Lesser issues should go on the back burner until we get the economy healthy again. Personally, I don't care about the so-called morality issues, those are even more back burner than the rest. If God wants to send us to hell for those things, so be it. That is HIS jurisdiction, and government should stay out of it.

    Well said.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1194
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Rosen may have some problems that she thinks Ann Romney cannot identify with, but Rosen might be more like Ann than she is like the average mom. She has a job bringing in good money, and surely someone helping her with the twins, day care perhaps? Who cares for the twins while she works?

    Long story short, if we are looking for "fair", it doesn't exist. We get dealt our hand in life and we play it, no sense being envious of those who get a better hand. And trying to get the less fortunates to hate the more fortunate isn't going to help anybody.

    I said she could possibly be bitter because her circumstances are not the same as Ms. Romney's.


    I still am not convinced that this was not a "put up" job by the DNC. Ms. Rosen had to have been privey to strategy meetings on how to solidify the "War on Women" bull crap the Obama team is pushing. Maybe they sent her out to be the "hit big mouth" and she just took it to far.

  5. #1195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    While I don't think that Hilary Rosen intended to blurt what she did, she was already scheduled, wasn't she, for "Meet the Press" this Sunday? Not sure. Am sure, because she has been such a frequent visitor to the White House, that Rosen didn't just happen to have been booked on Anderson Cooper's show.

    My guess is that the intent was to gin up the so-called "war on women." If so, it backfired, and I do mean explosively.
    I don't think that was the intent, but even if it were, how did it "backfire"? The only people who are outraged or significantly upset about this are the people who aren't being targeted by the "war on women" rhetoric. Pissing off your non-target audience is hardly a backfire.

    I also don't know how commenting on someone's economic status and "job" would even fit into the "war on women" arguments.

  6. #1196
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    04-24-12 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    56

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    I wanna see if this non-troversy continues this week, now that Romney has essentially (and predictably) been shown to have taken a position on both proverbial sides of the issue. I doubt it. Somehow, I just don't think Romney's "dignity of work" statement, made back in January during a campaign speech, will inspire anywhere near the kind of attention from the media requiring apologies and denouncements and such.
    Last edited by Nquest; 04-15-12 at 11:21 PM.

  7. #1197
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nquest View Post
    I wanna see if this non-troversy continues this week, now that Romney has essentially (and predictably) been shown to have taken a position on both proverbial sides of the issue. I doubt it. Somehow, I just don't think Romney's "dignity of work" statement, made back in January during a campaign speech, will inspire anywhere near the kind of attention from the media requiring apologies and denouncements and such.
    English translation please.

  8. #1198
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nquest View Post
    I wanna see if this non-troversy continues this week, now that Romney has essentially (and predictably) been shown to have taken a position on both proverbial sides of the issue. I doubt it. Somehow, I just don't think Romney's "dignity of work" statement, made back in January during a campaign speech, will inspire anywhere near the kind of attention from the media requiring apologies and denouncements and such.
    the intent was to provide daycare so single moms can go to work, or would you use your taxes to pay a living wage to every mom who stays home with her kids? think about it....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #1199
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I don't think that was the intent, but even if it were, how did it "backfire"? The only people who are outraged or significantly upset about this are the people who aren't being targeted by the "war on women" rhetoric. Pissing off your non-target audience is hardly a backfire.

    I also don't know how commenting on someone's economic status and "job" would even fit into the "war on women" arguments.


    You do realize there is the "independent" vote, yes? Who do you exactly think the "War on Women" and Ms. Rosen's "Ann Romney never . . . " comments are geared to reach? Those same independent men and women?

    Now the question is . . . . . did it backfire?

  10. #1200
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    You do realize there is the "independent" vote, yes? Who do you exactly think the "War on Women" and Ms. Rosen's "Ann Romney never . . . " comments are geared to reach? Those same independent men and women?

    Now the question is . . . . . did it backfire?
    Problem there is that most independents and moderates aren't swayed by emotional bs lest they be on one side or the other.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •