Page 103 of 127 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #1021
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    If you don't know your poor, then you're happy as your are. If you do know you're poor and do nothing, then you're happy as you are.

    Every book in the world can't on smack smarts into people who are "happy as you are".
    I know people who live extremely simple lives, owning little or nothing. They appear to be poor, AND happy. That is their choice. But too often our poor are people who just quit trying.
    I like to compare some of my siblings who make excuses for being broke or poor to the younger sister of a friend. This gal has Down's Syndrome, and was employed most of her life.
    Enough with excuses....get up off the couch and go find something useful to do...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #1022
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    there are benefactors of society as well.....
    in fact, nearly all of us benefit..
    could it be that the victims are often those who refuse to take a
    responsible approach to the society in which they live?
    Well yeah, because they were never shown that if they do the right, hell they probably were never even taught what right is, things then they will be apart of a better lifestyle.

    (Although I may of missed your point)
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  3. #1023
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,757

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes you can because you are a part of society that allows that to exist.


    One day you will go out into the real world and realize that most people who are screw ups are screw ups purely due to their own stupidity. I am not responsible for someone having 6 kids with 5 partners before they turn old enough to drink. and I have no duty to pay for that sort of pathologies

  4. #1024
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    I know people who live extremely simple lives, owning little or nothing. They appear to be poor, AND happy. That is their choice. But too often our poor are people who just quit trying.
    I like to compare some of my siblings who make excuses for being broke or poor to the younger sister of a friend. This gal has Down's Syndrome, and was employed most of her life.
    Enough with excuses....get up off the couch and go find something useful to do...
    Yeah, they just need some convincing. I know a guy that has worked at our grocery store since I was 12 and he was also born with slight autism. Though he does still live with his parents.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  5. #1025
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yes you can because you are a part of society that allows that to exist.
    OK, you are young, let me make this a teaching moment for you.
    Society offers an education for anyone who wants it, and are willing to do their part, assuming they are able.
    A large percentage of our population don't want it.
    Society can't make them learn.
    Society won't let them or their children starve.
    Long story short, don't be blaming society....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #1026
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    One day you will go out into the real world and realize that most people who are screw ups are screw ups purely due to their own stupidity. I am not responsible for someone having 6 kids with 5 partners before they turn old enough to drink. and I have no duty to pay for that sort of pathologies
    You can say whatever you want, but I believe you do. Hell, you reap most of the rewards from the generations of bad parents/low IQ. You're a lawyer!
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  7. #1027
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Because the middle class already pay higher taxes than the rich do. They are already doing their part.
    Only if you conflate payroll taxes with income taxes. If you don't like the regressive nature of payroll taxes what is your solution. When answering please remember that payroll taxes are monies paid to fund social security, medicare and unemployment benefits.

  8. #1028
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    2012 Presidential Election | OTUS News - ABC News

    "Less than 24 hours after Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen mocked Ann Romney for having "never worked a day in her life," Rosen apologized to Romney this afternoon for her "poorly chosen" words and aimed to "put the faux 'war against stay at home moms' to rest once and for all."



    I still smell something fishy about this whole Rosen thing. I thing this was a salvo from the DNC that backfired and exploded in their face.

  9. #1029
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    OK, you are young, let me make this a teaching moment for you.
    Society offers an education for anyone who wants it, and are willing to do their part, assuming they are able.
    A large percentage of our population don't want it.
    Society can't make them learn.
    Society won't let them or their children starve.
    Long story short, don't be blaming society....
    But, the way, whatever it is, our society is set up to let these bad parents exist. I don't know if there is a way to solve the problem of children with bad lives, but I do know that we can at least help them in school. That is the one place where we have control over what happens to them.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  10. #1030
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Yeah, they just need some convincing. I know a guy that has worked at our grocery store since I was 12 and he was also born with slight autism. Though he does still live with his parents.
    My son teaches high school science and several of the students are autistic....they are usually quite smart, except in social ways.
    As for the kids who just have an attitude problem, our schools certainly could do a better job convincing them that their attitude is self defeating and detrimental to their future.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •