Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1268

Thread: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

  1. #1001
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    Who's not paying federal income tax?

    Lower middle class don't pay federal income tax. I think it would be more troublesome to find out that 83% of our Americans make less than 30k a year...
    Perhaps you did not properly read what I said: "First off, almost HALF of the 'taxable' people in the USA, pay zero federal income taxes."

    Thus your link verifies what I said.

    And believe me, you can make a good bit more than 30K and still pay no federal income taxes. The tax code is so insane, there are all sorts of loopholes, and deductions. But you only addressed one little point of what was said.

    Do you yet understand that the very rich are paying at a different rate for a reason? Do you yet understand that as far as 'wage earners' go, the more you make the higher the rate?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #1002
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Your "agreeing" to cripple out economy and increase our debt. Raising taxes on those that spend every dime of their income will slow growth and put us back into recession. In fact every dime more taken from those taxpayers will come out of consumer spending whicj is more than 2/3 of GDP

    Yup. Everyone pays taxes. I don't care if it's a $1, you pay something into the kitty. No on gets to walk away from paying their "fair share" of the debt.


    How long do you think this country is going to last when 48% of taxpayers get everything back they've paid in and 52% are picking up the tab for the whole country? If those percentages reverse we'll all have a firm grip on the last rung on the ladder of life.

  3. #1003
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    I will be a libby do gooder until you stop your war on the poor.
    mm_lmao.jpg....................
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  4. #1004
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He clearly thinks we need even more government and that government needs even more money.

    Gov't = More for me.

  5. #1005
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Perhaps you did not properly read what I said: "First off, almost HALF of the 'taxable' people in the USA, pay zero federal income taxes."

    Thus your link verifies what I said.

    And believe me, you can make a good bit more than 30K and still pay no federal income taxes. The tax code is so insane, there are all sorts of loopholes, and deductions. But you only addressed one little point of what was said.

    Do you yet understand that the very rich are paying at a different rate for a reason? Do you yet understand that as far as 'wage earners' go, the more you make the higher the rate?
    They pay more $$ but not more %%...

    Also that article clearly illustrated

    As to the other part:

    more than 80% of tax filers pay some kind of federal tax. And that doesn't include sales taxes, state taxes, local taxes, gas taxes, etc., which catch just about everyone.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  6. #1006
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,584

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    No, there still has to be a point at which we say they cannot pay taxes. You seriously think someone can afford to give away $3k in federal taxes if they make 10k a year (Even 15k although I don't know where we should draw the line)?
    why do I have a duty to fund someone who cannot fund themselves-usually DUE TO THEIR OWN MISTAKES AND LACK OF EFFORT

    and why should those people be able to DEMAND WE PAY MORE AND MORE For stuff they want without THEM PAYING MORE THEMSELVES

  7. #1007
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jryan View Post
    No, there still has to be a point at which we say they cannot pay taxes. You seriously think someone can afford to give away $3k in federal taxes if they make 10k a year (Even 15k although I don't know where we should draw the line)?
    Then this is the "same ol, same ol". Trundle on without me.

  8. #1008
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Yup. Everyone pays taxes. I don't care if it's a $1, you pay something into the kitty. No on gets to walk away from paying their "fair share" of the debt.


    How long do you think this country is going to last when 48% of taxpayers get everything back they've paid in and 52% are picking up the tab for the whole country? If those percentages reverse we'll all have a firm grip on the last rung on the ladder of life.
    You changed your argument their. I thought you meant the poor would pay the 30% tax also.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

  9. #1009
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,584

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
    Gov't = More for me.
    good point-those who want more government rich middle and poor believe that it means more for them

  10. #1010
    Guru
    Jryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    01-12-16 @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ann Romney Never Worked a Day In Her Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do I have a duty to fund someone who cannot fund themselves-usually DUE TO THEIR OWN MISTAKES AND LACK OF EFFORT

    and why should those people be able to DEMAND WE PAY MORE AND MORE For stuff they want without THEM PAYING MORE THEMSELVES
    TurtleDude, people are victims to their upbringing. They are victims because no one gets to decide whether they are born into a drug feigned family with a low IQ. So yes, we are subsidizing victims. Laugh at it all you want but that is the truth.
    I'm coming to see that no matter what law we regulate, be it the stand your ground act, there is never an objective morally right answer to any morale question; in fact, since there are multiple objectively right answers to every moral question that leaves us with a lot of grey area and a lot of black area (not in the racial since).
    -Jryan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •