Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #641
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Thanks fascist.
    Of course the difference there is... I'm right... and your wrong. lol

    I'm never insulted by ignorant statements. By all means, continue lol

  2. #642
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Perhaps you could point out the leftists who are openly commending communism, just to clear up any confusion about your claim.
    What they tend to do is to personally attack anyone who speaks out against communists, communism, or any suspected communists.

    Haven't you noticed?

  3. #643
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I want you to be clear, and succinct so that we may debate it honestly. Instead of trying to figure out my intentions just answer the question.



    I disagree. See, a man's ability, IMHO, is not property of someone else. IOW, If I bust my ass to make it, then why should you be entitled to my labor?
    Exactly. That's the moral force behind Marx' call for workers owning the means of production and an end to class-based society. I think Marx's ideals are impractical, however, as I've explained.


    This is debatable as well. If a job of raising children is successful, then the children will learn that it is their hard work that makes them a success, not relying on someone else..
    A successful family is the result of both individual work and interdependence. We all rely on others. We can find happiness and joy in others.

    I will give you a start, but I am still waiting for a clarification, as for the failed system of communism, just take a look around at those still existing. Their populations live in squalor, no freedom of speech, or freedom period. Communism is responsible for more atrocity, and death of citizenry then any war. It is not a system that want's to see all boats rise, but rather sees its job as lowering the lofted to that of the depressed, and calls that equal. You show me a communist system that has actually worked, and made people prosperous and I'll show you a damned fine propaganda job.
    Now American liberals have shared power in the U.S. for many, many years. We have had liberal presidents. Yet we are one of the wealthiest and most prosperous populations in world history. How many deaths and atrocities do you blame on American liberals?

    Now mine please.

    j-mac
    I thought I already had. I admire the notion that all who contribute to an endeavor deserve a share of the gains and the recognition of interdependence. I admire the notion that society shouldn't harness the work of the many for the sole benefit of the few.

  4. #644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The problem with the way you try to associate certain ideas with an overall philosophy is very intellectually dishonest.

    Just because one for example may support a progressive tax, does not mean that they support the overall philosophy of Communism.

    To say that is at dishonest as saying that if you like facial hair, and Hitler liked facial hair, well that makes you a Nazi.
    Which part of Communism does that left not support?

  5. #645
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    He was wrong a hell of a lot more than he was right. Even the revisionist historian who's trying to vindicate McCarthy only claims that nine of the 159 people he investigated were actually involved with the Soviets.

    And of course McCarthy isn't the only one who was looking into espionage activity. Many say that McCarthy actually harmed the effort to unearth Soviet spies because he turned the whole thing into a partisan witch hunt.

    There's a reason he's one of the most reviled politicians in American history.
    Do you believe it is revisionist history when previously classified facts are made known and the history that was once wrong is corrected?
    "Many say"...man always say. Who? Who says? Were they right or wrong?

    Can one be despicable and still be right?

  6. #646
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're missing a few important points (and saying "well duh" which makes you sound like an idiot): one -- the FBI was already investigating communist espionage. McCarthy's efforts were counterproductive. And two, by putting on a dog and pony show, McCarthy ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent people.
    What were the results of the FBI's investigation? Did they uncover any of the Soviet agents in the State Department and the White House?

    At the end of the day he was right. I know it must cause you pain to think it.

  7. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Since this successful infiltration by the Communists into the workings of the American government it has been an American tradition among the left, and it is repeating itself today, that when it comes to taking sides between enemies against America, and American citizens, they will side with the enemy.
    Sadly, I agree with you. The coming war will not be between the races. It will be between those whose first inclination is to bow to foreigners and to side with the nation's enemies and those cherish liberty and freedom. I sometimes wonder if there are enough people left in America who will rise to the challenge of returning us to our Constitutional basis, who will vote for the right and against the wrong. On those occasions when I begin to doubt someone describes what they are doing to build, once again, a nation of free people who love freedom. On those days I have a hope that the Left can only offer counterfeit copies of.

  8. #648
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,684

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Communism is individualism?

    When problems arrive in any society, as they inevitably do, the proposed from the left is always more leftism. This is despite the fact that leftist policies are often the source of the problem. There will therefore be a never-ending trend towards leftism until the government is in absolute control over formerly free men. Thus free people everywhere must always fight against the leftists and leftism, in whatever form it might take.

    And while leftists might argue that they only want a little more government control we can see on this thread, as just one minor example, how sensitive they are towards critics of Communism, the worst scourge of the last century, and attack personally those who dare speak out against any suspected communists.

    All Leftists, all of them, are of the same cloth. While they might debate which form of leftism is best there is no middle of the road with them. You are either of the left or are their enemy.
    Karl Marx also saw society as a class struggle between social collectives. You have more in common with him than you could ever admit to yourself.

  9. #649
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yep, I served in the Army for 20 years because I sided with the enemy

    What ridiculous nonsense you spew and only shows how clueless you really are. It must suck to be you when you are filled with so much hate. Oh but you're just a fuzzy foreigner so it doesn't really matter.
    Different people serve for different reasons. I knew one liberal who served with me. He was honest, forthright, and talented. His only flaw was that he believed that utopias were possible for us to create. We remained friends for a very long time. He and his wife were both mid-level officers in military intelligence (both lieutenant colonels). I like them both very much for as long as we served together. But in the end he was wrong in his belief that creating utopias are possible without tyranny.

  10. #650
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Exactly. That's the moral force behind Marx' call for workers owning the means of production and an end to class-based society. I think Marx's ideals are impractical, however, as I've explained.

    That has NEVER worked.

    A successful family is the result of both individual work and interdependence. We all rely on others. We can find happiness and joy in others.
    How many children have you raised? I have two currently in collage.

    Now American liberals have shared power in the U.S. for many, many years. We have had liberal presidents. Yet we are one of the wealthiest and most prosperous populations in world history. How many deaths and atrocities do you blame on American liberals?
    That's a great question, that unfortunately is going to take more time than I have at the moment....I'll come back to it.

    I thought I already had. I admire the notion that all who contribute to an endeavor deserve a share of the gains and the recognition of interdependence. I admire the notion that society shouldn't harness the work of the many for the sole benefit of the few.
    risk is rewarded in this country. When you hire into a company to do a job that aids that companies success, then you negotiate your salary, you don't get to say later 'hey I want more because you succeeded.' Well, you can, but that doesn't mean you'll get it...You want the big money, take the risk.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •