Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #561
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Who one the election that year? One thing for sure, he was a crazy old coot.
    Eccentric, but definitely not crazy.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Everything old is new again.

    Besides, the asshole involved must not have read McCarthy's biography all the way to the end.

    Spoiler alert: he was censured by Congress and died within the year of alcohol-related disease.
    But of course that doesn't change the fact he was right. The question of whether there were spies in the State Department during the time which McCarthy was saying there were, has been proven true. We know now that Stalin new about the Manhattan project before FDR did.

    So you can say all you want about McCarthy, about how he lived and what happened to him at death and on and on and on... doesn't make a bit of difference. He was still absolutely correct.

  3. #563
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    But of course that doesn't change the fact he was right. The question of whether there were spies in the State Department during the time which McCarthy was saying there were, has been proven true. We know now that Stalin new about the Manhattan project before FDR did.

    So you can say all you want about McCarthy, about how he lived and what happened to him at death and on and on and on... doesn't make a bit of difference. He was still absolutely correct.
    He was a paranoid, delusional drunk who destroyed thousands of lives on the basis of flimsy evidence, rumor, and innuendo.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #564
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    He was a paranoid, delusional drunk who destroyed thousands of lives on the basis of flimsy evidence, rumor, and innuendo.
    And yet he was right. That is a bit hard for a liberal to overcome, isn't it?

  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    He was a paranoid, delusional drunk who destroyed thousands of lives on the basis of flimsy evidence, rumor, and innuendo.
    Again...

    Were there spies in the State Department? Yes, the facts are there were. So the delusional drunk, was remarkably accurate.

    As for the 'thousands of lives' that were destroyed by him on flimsy evidence, name one. Remember, McCarthy had nothing to do with the House Committee on Un-American Activities. McCarthy was a Senator. Not a member of the House.

    The bottom line is, he was still right. You can say whatever you want as many times as you want, it still changes nothing. McCarthy was right. There were spies in the State Department, and it's a documented fact. Nothing you ever say will change that.

  6. #566
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And yet he was right. That is a bit hard for a liberal to overcome, isn't it?
    It's amazing how pathetic they get. Saying the same thing over and over, and yet oddly, the repeated mantra still doesn't seem to change the facts. It's almost like truth doesn't change when you repeat false statements again and again. I guess it depends on how you define "is", and "alone" and so on.

  7. #567
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And yet he was right. That is a bit hard for a liberal to overcome, isn't it?
    He was wrong a hell of a lot more than he was right. Even the revisionist historian who's trying to vindicate McCarthy only claims that nine of the 159 people he investigated were actually involved with the Soviets.

    And of course McCarthy isn't the only one who was looking into espionage activity. Many say that McCarthy actually harmed the effort to unearth Soviet spies because he turned the whole thing into a partisan witch hunt.

    There's a reason he's one of the most reviled politicians in American history.
    Last edited by AdamT; 04-19-12 at 01:35 AM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-29-13 @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,106

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    He was wrong a hell of a lot more than he was right. Even the revisionist historian who's trying to vindicate McCarthy only claims that nine of the 159 people he investigated were actually involved with the Soviets.

    And of course McCarthy isn't the only one who was looking into espionage activity. Many say that McCarthy actually harmed the effort to unearth Soviet spies because he turned the whole thing into a partisan witch hunt.

    There's a reason he's one of the most reviled politicians in American history.
    Are you suggesting that no good investigator ever investigates people who are not the perp? When there's a murder investigation, they investigate absolutely everyone who is involved. They'll investigate the spouse, the kids, the in-laws, the guy who delivered the pizza that night, everyone.

    So he investigated 151 people that were not working for Stalin to find the 9 who were?.... really?..... ** WELL NO DUH!!! **

    Good. I'm only wishing he had investigated even more. When a foreign government has infiltrated the US government I personally want them to investigate EVERYBODY!!!

    So that criticism doesn't really mean jack to me.

    Second, yes, undoubtedly McCarthy investigating spies in the government is going to politicize it. Well duh. When the government investigates anything, it becomes political. Does that mean we shouldn't investigate it?

    There is no doubt that when the political left rallied to defend the communist spies in their midst, that some escaped. Of course. But the alternative is just to allow it to continue. No, no thanks. It's not like the left would not have defended absolutely anything. We saw how scummy the left was with Clinton. It was more than obvious he committed perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, and a number of other crimes. Yet they defended him right to the very end.

    So McCarthy politicized it. I don't care. I'd rather go down fighting it, than letting the scummy left walk all over us. If McCarthy had not been there to fight the good fight, the spies would NEVER have been removed. They would have been in our government till the 90s when the Soviets fell apart.

  9. #569
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
    Are you suggesting that no good investigator ever investigates people who are not the perp? When there's a murder investigation, they investigate absolutely everyone who is involved. They'll investigate the spouse, the kids, the in-laws, the guy who delivered the pizza that night, everyone.

    So he investigated 151 people that were not working for Stalin to find the 9 who were?.... really?..... ** WELL NO DUH!!! **

    Good. I'm only wishing he had investigated even more. When a foreign government has infiltrated the US government I personally want them to investigate EVERYBODY!!!

    So that criticism doesn't really mean jack to me.

    Second, yes, undoubtedly McCarthy investigating spies in the government is going to politicize it. Well duh. When the government investigates anything, it becomes political. Does that mean we shouldn't investigate it?

    There is no doubt that when the political left rallied to defend the communist spies in their midst, that some escaped. Of course. But the alternative is just to allow it to continue. No, no thanks. It's not like the left would not have defended absolutely anything. We saw how scummy the left was with Clinton. It was more than obvious he committed perjury, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, and a number of other crimes. Yet they defended him right to the very end.

    So McCarthy politicized it. I don't care. I'd rather go down fighting it, than letting the scummy left walk all over us. If McCarthy had not been there to fight the good fight, the spies would NEVER have been removed. They would have been in our government till the 90s when the Soviets fell apart.
    You're missing a few important points (and saying "well duh" which makes you sound like an idiot): one -- the FBI was already investigating communist espionage. McCarthy's efforts were counterproductive. And two, by putting on a dog and pony show, McCarthy ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent people.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #570
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    You're missing a few important points (and saying "well duh" which makes you sound like an idiot): one -- the FBI was already investigating communist espionage. McCarthy's efforts were counterproductive. And two, by putting on a dog and pony show, McCarthy ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent people.
    No what was counter productive was the Democrats demanding that McCarthy "name names" even before a serious investigation was underway. In fact they are doing the same thing now with Allen West, before any investigation has even begun.

    The Hidden Truth About Joseph McCarthy

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •