Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #351
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If anyone here is seeing in extremes it is the people that won't admit that a mixed economy is a socialist idea. You won't accept anything as socialism but the classical use of the word which is NOT the only form of socialism that exists.

    And you either don't understand a mixed economy or you don't understand the founders as there is no way they qualify.
    Why do you never actually address anything any one wrote? Mixed economy is something every one in congress supports, all the way back through our history. There may have been a handful of people over the course of our history who have been in congress and favored a complete laissez-faire economies, but it is exceedingly rare. Furthermore, a mixed economy is not socialism.

    The fact that you do not understand a mixed economy, socialism or this countries history and founding fathers is your own problem.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #352
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Warning! Kook alert! Kook alert! Remain calm. This person's perspective is a bit warped, in this case.


    Yeah. We are getting to the cliff hanger near the end of this episode in our history. Will Little Nell be saved?
    Despite the ad homs, you have not refuted anything. Considering you think every one is a socialist who is to the left of you, the problem might be your warped perspective.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you never actually address anything any one wrote? Mixed economy is something every one in congress supports, all the way back through our history. There may have been a handful of people over the course of our history who have been in congress and favored a complete laissez-faire economies, but it is exceedingly rare. Furthermore, a mixed economy is not socialism.

    The fact that you do not understand a mixed economy, socialism or this countries history and founding fathers is your own problem.
    So you deny that a mixed economy is putting socialist ideas in a capitalist society so that resources and services are more available to all? So you deny they are for sharing resources and you ignore many of them are for naturalizing industries such as healthcare, education, and housing?

    And like I said the founders were not for a mixed economy . If you think they were, show some evidence. I see nothing here.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-14-12 at 08:02 PM.

  4. #354
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If anyone here is seeing in extremes it is the people that won't admit that a mixed economy is a socialist idea. You won't accept anything as socialism but the classical use of the word which is NOT the only form of socialism that exists.

    And you either don't understand a mixed economy or you don't understand the founders as there is no way they qualify.
    This is just a silly semantic game. If all mixed economies are socialist, then nearly all world economies are or have been socialist, therefore socialism can't be the evil scourge littering the earth with bodies that you claim. You can't have it all ways. You can't have an extremely liberal definition of "socialism" and still retain the connotation of political extremism -- at least not for long.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    This is just a silly semantic game. If all mixed economies are socialist, then nearly all world economies are or have been socialist, therefore socialism can't be the evil scourge littering the earth with bodies that you claim. You can't have it all ways. You can't have an extremely liberal definition of "socialism" and still retain the connotation of political extremism -- at least not for long.
    A mixed economy is not completely socialist or capitalist. The idea is to strengthen the weaknesses of the capitalists system that some people believe is there.

    And where did I say it leaves bodies littering the earth?
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-14-12 at 08:10 PM.

  6. #356
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A mixed economy is not completely socialist or capitalist. The idea is to strengthen the weaknesses of the capitalists system that some people believe is there.

    And where did I say it leaves bodies littering the earth?
    Mixed economies aren't evil.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Mixed economies aren't evil.
    They fail and they rob liberty and rights of individuals for personal benefits.

    I again didn't say anything about it being evil.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-14-12 at 08:19 PM.

  8. #358
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They fail and they rob liberty and rights of individuals for personal benefits.

    I again didn't say anything about it being evil.
    People do that, Henrin. Capitalists and communists can both kick you in the head. In practice, mixed economies are the best economies -- the only practical economies, and the only economies that don't depend on an idealistic and naive view of human nature.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    People do that, Henrin. Capitalists and communists can both kick you in the head.
    Law is to protect you from people kicking you in the head. In fact, that is the entire point behind it. Capitalism has nothing to do with it.

    In practice, mixed economies are the best economies -- the only practical economies, and the only economies that don't depend on an idealistic and naive view of human nature.
    In theory they are the best economies according to you. In practice, they depend on making things rights that rob liberty and violate the rights of people. In time the pressures it creates breaks the country and causes growing wealth disparity.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-14-12 at 08:30 PM.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Despite the ad homs, you have not refuted anything. Considering you think every one is a socialist who is to the left of you, the problem might be your warped perspective.
    Not everyone is a socialist but nearly all on the left flirt with socialism. Do the exercise yourself. Look at the points the progressives in congress put on the website link you provided. The go look for the corresponding point on the socialists site you provided me. The goals are the same. There are differences in stridency and transparency. The Progressives pretty up their anti-capitalist, anti- free market, pro-massive government agenda a bit better that the socialists.

    My perspective is just fine. You say you are very liberal and I believe you. I suspect that makes you my enemy in the areas of liberty and freedom. I am not impressed that you do not plan to take everything from me today. You will take as much as you can. Then a bit more tomorrow. But only if those of us who prefer liberty to the light chains of slavery you offer, refuse you, defeat you and send you packing.

Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •