Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    "Oh, lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

    We may not even be capable of communication at this point.
    Are you saying that I simply don't understand what you are saying? Bull****. You showed a complete lack of understanding of the idea and it has nothing at all to do with my understanding of what you wrote.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh no, the problem is just that facts have a liberal bias so we just need to ignore them, and ignore what words mean.
    Lol, so general welfare means what?

    Tell me who is ignoring more here. Liberals or their opponents? I'll wait..

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Who would throw into jail first, Washington, Adams or Jefferson? Perhaps all three? Certainly, the Louisiana Purchase was extra-constitutional and grounds for a charge of treason, no? How about the Sedition Act? Or just Nancy Pelosi because you don't like her website?
    Here we go again. How absurd.

    1) What extra-Constitutional process stopped Jefferson from being impeached ? And you apparently do not understand "treason".

    2) The Alien and Sedition Acts were eventually overturned by Congress. They were also voted in before Judicial Review was established.

    3) Washington ? Tell us where Washington violated due process and jailed Congress in its attempts to impeach him ?

    All these pretend liberal historians. What a joke.

  4. #274
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Lol, so general welfare means what?

    Tell me who is ignoring more here. Liberals or their opponents? I'll wait..
    Ummm...bat**** insane libertarian crap isn't the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #275
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    "Can have merit" ... yes. "Will have merit" .... no.
    Agreed.

    Do you agree that representative democracy concedes, as a fundamental, that multiple points of view do have merit? Otherwise, we should seek out a dictatorship, as it's far more efficient. The founders obviously recognized this and favored a system of compromise over one of control or orthodoxy. So "rugged individualism" is correct, in the sense that individuals are entrusted to make choices for themselves by a doctrine that respects such diversity. it does not mean that we are or should be free of obligation or "force."

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    [QUOTE=Grant;1060393161]

    Politics was never intended to be a real business until the Obama administration began using taxpayer money to buy automobile companies, investing in varying solar companies and otherwise "stimulating the economy".
    Well, it's always been a business, certainly from the founding onward. Assumption of the Revolutionary war debt, speculation involving Federal lands, the Erie Canal financing, etc., etc.

    And actually it seems that a great many of those who invested in him now have buyers remorse.
    GM is happy, and those on the inside of the solar business didn't lose their own money. It's a matter of who gains and who loses, and not everybody is always happy, but the insiders rarely take a hit.



    His resume is rather murky but if you say he was a successful businessman before entering public office he might well have been. You have no reason to lie.
    His resume is pretty straight forward, hiring employees, rounding up investors and financing, organizing and administration of his business, planning, it's all there.

  7. #277
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So to recap once again:

    West makes the following claim: "I believe there's about 78 to 81 members of the Democrat Party who are members of the Communist Party"

    This claim is proven false.

    People claim that it could be true because progressive is the same thing as communist. This is shown to be not true.

    People then try socialism. Again shown to not be true.

    In amongst all this is the usual laundry list of supposed evils of any one to the left of the far right. The topic is abandoned to just turn this into a attack. The smell of desperation gets heavy. No one actually wants to admit that a republican might have gotten it wrong. Oh no, the problem is just that facts have a liberal bias so we just need to ignore them, and ignore what words mean.
    That's certainly how I see this thread playing out. I'm actually kind of shocked by it.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Agreed.

    Do you agree that representative democracy concedes, as a fundamental, that multiple points of view do have merit? Otherwise, we should seek out a dictatorship, as it's far more efficient. The founders obviously recognized this and favored a system of compromise over one of control or orthodoxy. So "rugged individualism" is correct, in the sense that individuals are entrusted to make choices for themselves by a doctrine that respects such diversity. it does not mean that we are or should be free of obligation or "force."
    This is so out of line. Representative democracy enables differing points of view. But it most surely does not grant them any merit at all.

    Further, "rugged individualism" has nothing to do with respecting diversity. It respects only the ability to produce results. The foundation upon which a Democratic Republic will thrive. As noted earlier, the Pilgrims learned real quick that such as you espouse is jibberish. Folly.

  9. #279
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Au contraire my naive little friend. Communism does have a face and it's filled with the hatred that caused over 100 million deaths and destroyed many millions more lives. It was, an is, evil incarnate, the worst scourge of the previous century, worse than Nazism, Fascism or any other ism you care to name.


    Communism is idea i've conjured? No, it's not. I'm seen it up close in eastern Europe and witnessed the human suffering. Are you also a holocaust denier?

    Frontline Fellowship - Working for Reformation & Praying for Revival

    Robert Fulford's column about The Black Book of Communism
    I wasn't referring the communists in your history books. They were real -- well, a lot of them were, at least. I was referring to the communists that you, West and nobody else can see.

  10. #280
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    This is so out of line. Representative democracy enables differing points of view. But it most surely does not grant them any merit at all.

    Further, "rugged individualism" has nothing to do with respecting diversity. It respects only the ability to produce results. The foundation upon which a Democratic Republic will thrive. As noted earlier, the Pilgrims learned real quick that such as you espouse is jibberish. Folly.
    Then why have a representative democracy? Why have a Bill of Rights? Why have freedom of speech, religion, etc? Why not just have a system of control by the enlightened such as yourself? If you don't see merit in diversity, then why merit democracy?

Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •