Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    But he can't defend the idea that there are 81 communists in Congress, because they are factually not there. I'm sure Marx thought he could defend his ideas just fine. He certainly attempted to do so in writings, etc.
    Putting down your ideas on paper is not defending your ideas, but listing them. Its historical fact he never defended his ideas in debate and whenever asked of something would try to redirect focus away from the question and on to what the other side was pushing. Engels practiced the same exact thing btw.

    What I describe as his tactic is that you focus on the enemy that exists so people desire what you have to say more. For example, if you say people will be wealthier and someone says, no, that doesn't seem to make sense, your move using this tactic would be well in your system people are dieing in the streets. Its called redirecting focus for a reason because that is exactly what is happening.

    His ideas were of their own time, and they've certainly influenced the modern age, but Marxism is not a modern philosophy, and communism is not taking hold in the modern United States, and any assertion that they are is exactly the type of diversionary tactic you're describing.
    His ideas were not new. They were ideas that have existed since the days of the romans.

    I'm not a defender of Marx. Marx can defend himself. I'm a defender of my own ideas and perspectives. Modern liberals, likewise, may not share your worldview, but very few follow Marxist ideology.
    Marx can't defend himself and he wasn't dumb enough to think he could either. That is my entire point.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-13-12 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #242
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. Getting higher scores on political tests does not correlate to the kind of knowledge you mean. LOL. What an idiotic statement.
    That's correct, being aware of political events and happenings doesn't make you intelligent, or well-informed, nor does it consequentially increase one's ability to understand them.

  3. #243
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Putting down your ideas on paper is not defending your ideas, but listing them. Its historical fact he never defended his ideas in debate and whenever asked of something would try to redirect focus away from the question and on to what the other side was pushing. Engels practiced the same exact thing btw.

    What I describe as his tactic is that you focus on the enemy that exists so people desire what you have to say more. For example, if you say people will be wealthier and someone says, no, that doesn't' seem to make sense, your move using this tactic would be well in your system people are dieing in the streets.



    His ideas were not new. They were ideas that have existed since the days of the romans.



    Marx can't defend himself and he wasn't dumb enough to think he could either. That is my entire point.
    Where do you guys get this crap? Do you check for Marxists under your bed at night?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Where do you guys get this crap? Do you check for Marxists under your bed at night?
    His debate history is well known.

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Our nation was NOT built on 'rugged individualism'. That is 'conservative' revisionist myth. Our first settlers were damn near as collective commune as you can get. The Puritans to the North signed compacts and conventions before landing. Communal divisions of labor and resources, each able bodied man and woman owed labor to the group. The term used up north for city parks, Commons, comes from the communal pastures. They make Home Owners Associations look lax...

    Not many men survived long who just jumped off the boat and headed into the wilderness to carve out their bit of heaven.

    Group effort and common good, not 'rugged individualism' carved out those first footholds in the 'empty lands' Manifest Destiny would later grant European settlers.

    The push west was one of groups and coops, not lone settlers travelling in the vast prairie. Wagon trains and cries of 'circle the wagons' not lone cries in the wilderness ending abruptly.

    Even once the threat of uncooperative Natives literally died out, Americans banded together to protect themselves from roaming bands of ruffians, (not even the ruffians were rugged individualists as they preferred gangs to lone wolf)

    As societies stabilized men did start to looking out for themselves, safe under many layers of protection and the ability to borrow capital from coops, granges, savings and loan associations.... not rugged so much as entrepreneurial.

    The concept of rugged individual makes for great self stroking but we are a group animal that works best when many hands lighten the load...

    Though I know some like to pose in front of the mirror in their Superman Under Roos, but remember those who do are just standing there in their underwear...

  6. #246
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Frankly, those that advocate class warfare are the worst of communists. Those that advocate such as an expanding welfare class are the worst of communists. Those that advocate no accountability are the worst of Communists. West understands this, and he is surely not alone.

    Not said lightly, but the typical Marx-Leninist Communists were far more self respecting than this new American breed of political scum.
    Wait...you are calling republicans communists now? They are the class warfare geeks.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #247
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    His debate history is well known.
    But your interpretations are sheer nonsense. Your understanding of history seems dubious, as well.

  8. #248
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Why the **** are there so many people in this thread who don't have a ****ing clue what communism is?
    And don't care. You cannot explain it to them, they have their own reality.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #249
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The NAZIs were socialists.
    So the point went way over your head I see.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #250
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    So you're calling me a dolt or insane?
    I copied the exact format aqnd wording for that sentence from the post I quoted. It's called making a point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •