Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And of course every President since, and including, Reagan, has increased the debt. Reagan TRIPLED it. Bush II DOUBLED it. And to this point, Obama has increased it by about 50%.
    There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.
    Lies, damned lies, and statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So we are back to you not knowing what the words "socialist" and "communist" means. Here, let me help you: Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
    Do you genuinely not understand that what they call themselves means nothing? That's the entire point! You seem completely unfamiliar with the history of the Communist Party and the Cold War.

    Do you really believe, even if they were 100% Communist, that they would call themselves the Communist Congressional Caucus? Really?

  3. #153
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Yes. Marxism has such a great record. It inevitably leads to political prisons, torture, murder and a lower standard of living for the survivors, excepting of course, government workers. Eventually, as M. Thatcher said, you run out of other people's money. Then you become the nation of Greece. Or you right straight to North Korea.
    Don't let them deter you. West is correct, even if he was sort of being flippant about it. McCarthy was also correct when he identified it in the 50's. Communist don't/can't come out into the open in a free society, they must work hard and over a long period of time to influence policy and direction. They've been embedding themselves into the very fabric of our society for decades, influenciung our media, and our children in our educational institutions. Is it one coordinated effort? Nope, probably not, but there are many of them with the same goals, even if how and why they go about achieving them is different the goal is the same insane notion that a central authority is smart enough and uncorruptable enough to make decisions for all of us..

    Anyone that denies this is insane or simply a dolt! Besides, West was correct at least in part about the car carrying aspect since it is well nown that Obama himself hired communists, and congressional leaders have been seen leaving communist party of America locations.. I think Water from O'Reilly had them on camera running away from the cameras.. LOL

    Communism can't flourish in a free society, they must manufacture unrest and then offer a solution to resolve it. It's how's it's done. My God anyone NOT know this?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #154
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you genuinely not understand that what they call themselves means nothing? That's the entire point! You seem completely unfamiliar with the history of the Communist Party and the Cold War.

    Do you really believe, even if they were 100% Communist, that they would call themselves the Communist Congressional Caucus? Really?
    Do you really think that just because some random people call them "socialist" or "communist" without having the first idea what it means, nor with them having pushed for socialism or communism, nor belonging to any socialist or communist groups(hint: that was the claim), that it must be magically true that they are? There are these things called facts. You have none in your argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    If anything, one could reasonably argue that it has been the Republican Party who has sought to impose facets of Communism in the U.S. over the last 30 years and in particular today. Who exactly has proposed bills in Congress that seek to give more political, economic, judicial and social control back to the States?
    Communism tends to be about the centralization of power. The US Constitution is about limiting the centralization of power. Rightfully acknowledging the sovereign states and the sovereign people is the antithesis of communism as practiced and Marxist philosophy.

  6. #156
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Don't let them deter you. West is correct, even if he was sort of being flippant about it. McCarthy was also correct when he identified it in the 50's. Communist don't/can't come out into the open in a free society, they must work hard and over a long period of time to influence policy and direction. They've been embedding themselves into the very fabric of our society for decades, influenciung our media, and our children in our educational institutions. Is it one coordinated effort? Nope, probably not, but there are many of them with the same goals, even if how and why they go about achieving them is different the goal is the same insane notion that a central authority is smart enough and uncorruptable enough to make decisions for all of us..

    Anyone that denies this is insane or simply a dolt! Besides, West was correct at least in part about the car carrying aspect since it is well nown that Obama himself hired communists, and congressional leaders have been seen leaving communist party of America locations.. I think Water from O'Reilly had them on camera running away from the cameras.. LOL

    Communism can't flourish in a free society, they must manufacture unrest and then offer a solution to resolve it. It's how's it's done. My God anyone NOT know this?


    Tim-
    Any one who believes that what West said was true is either a dolt or insane. See how that works. In point of fact, it is factually untrue. PolitiFact Florida | Allen West says about 80 House Democrats are members of the Communist Party

    Again, what we have here is some one makes a claim. It fails on the facts(this means it is untrue). Instead of admitting it was untrue, people keep on arguing it must be true because we want to believe it is, and facts be damned. We don't need facts or reality, we just want to smear people we disagree with.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The names on the list are the congressional progressive caucus. Not socialist, not communist.
    How different, other than the name, are today's Progressives from Socialists?

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Don't let them deter you. West is correct, even if he was sort of being flippant about it. McCarthy was also correct when he identified it in the 50's. Communist don't/can't come out into the open in a free society, they must work hard and over a long period of time to influence policy and direction. They've been embedding themselves into the very fabric of our society for decades, influenciung our media, and our children in our educational institutions. Is it one coordinated effort? Nope, probably not, but there are many of them with the same goals, even if how and why they go about achieving them is different the goal is the same insane notion that a central authority is smart enough and uncorruptable enough to make decisions for all of us..

    Anyone that denies this is insane or simply a dolt! Besides, West was correct at least in part about the car carrying aspect since it is well nown that Obama himself hired communists, and congressional leaders have been seen leaving communist party of America locations.. I think Water from O'Reilly had them on camera running away from the cameras.. LOL

    Communism can't flourish in a free society, they must manufacture unrest and then offer a solution to resolve it. It's how's it's done. My God anyone NOT know this?


    Tim-
    It seems they don't want to know. That's why they will always attack the messenger rather than the message.

    Allen West understood that when he made the statement that there would be personal attacks and anyone who dares offer any support will receive the same personal attacks. But the attacks are always by societies fools, no matter what their station in life. The wee leftists who attack the messenger rather than looking at the issues are what the far left groups feed on, and always have. It is not difficult to persuade these people that Comimmunism (Nazism, Fascism, etc.) is good while anyone who opposes it is bad. This has been common knowledge since the 1920's, at least.

    Revel wrote about it in How Democracies Perish and not much has changed.

    Jean-François Revel: How Democracies Perish « Intellectual Conservative Politics and Philosophy

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you really think that just because some random people call them "socialist" or "communist" without having the first idea what it means, nor with them having pushed for socialism or communism, nor belonging to any socialist or communist groups(hint: that was the claim), that it must be magically true that they are? There are these things called facts. You have none in your argument.
    This semantics debate over what socialism, communism, progressive, etc. might be, is of interest only to your good self.

  10. #160
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Looking at beliefs, values and mission of CPUSA - and contrasting that to some beliefs, value and missions of some people in government - I think there are similarities. Whether or not they're members I don't know - but communism is extreme-left - so naturally they have things in common (no duh) with the left.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •