Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 753

Thread: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

  1. #101
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    you realise that marxist and being a commie are different right?

    I am sure they get along....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #102
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    He's probably right! But I am sure that none of you progressives, or libs are taking him....*ahem*.....*cough*.....'out of context', or anything, noooooooo!



    j-mac
    Please tell us how he is being taken out of context?

  3. #103
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Please tell us how he is being taken out of context?

    Don't know him personally, Haven't asked him....But, let's not extend him the same latitude that we do liberals in congress that say dumb things shall we....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    I only have two thing to say about Rep. West:

    1. This same accusation was made by promonant Republicans throughout the 30'2, 40'2, 50's and 60's. It didn't quite work then as a political strategy and it certainly won't work now, especially given the fact that:

    a) The Cold War is over!

    b) We've already tried to kill Communism by fighting at least two wars, The Korean War and The Vietnam War (or more accurately, two political "campaigns"). Didn't quite work out as plan, but at least it's never spread beyond the Red Square, Communist China and N. Korea.

    2. Rep. West is grasping at straws! There's no way people will take his comment seriously.

    Sidenote: I don't think it would take too much of a stretch to guess what 81 members of the House he was referring to. Congressional Black Caucus anyone?

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    He's probably right! But I am sure that none of you progressives, or libs are taking him....*ahem*.....*cough*.....'out of context', or anything, noooooooo!



    j-mac
    I don't see how anyone can take his words to mean anything other than what he said.

    I mean, was he trying to say some Democrats in the House are extreme in their views? Erratic in their behavior? Uncooperative in their politics?

    If so, sounds to mean he'd actually be talking about the Tea Party or any segment of the Republican Party. But I digress, I think it's pretty evident who he was referring to. Regardless of who his comments were directed towards, he's still way out of line and completely over the top with his accusation. Somebody needs to tell him that Cold War ended in the 80's under his political ideal, former President Ronald Reagan, and has been largely relegated to the Eastern hemisphere.

  6. #106
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    He's probably right! But I am sure that none of you progressives, or libs are taking him....*ahem*.....*cough*.....'out of context', or anything, noooooooo!



    j-mac
    he asserted that 78-81 democratic members of congress are communists
    in what context should that be heard?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #107
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't know him personally, Haven't asked him....But, let's not extend him the same latitude that we do liberals in congress that say dumb things shall we....


    j-mac
    so, while you insist we are taking him out of context, you are unable to say what that context would be

    there were also people who apologized for joe mccarthy. and our nation suffered for it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #108
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    he asserted that 78-81 democratic members of congress are communists
    in what context should that be heard?
    I think the context is that he's a right wing whackjob with paranoid delusions.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    you realise that marxist and being a commie are different right?
    I realize that they are degrees of the same problem.... Non-Conservatism. Also remember that anyone who is not a Conservative (as I define it) has no value in this world, regardless of how much or little they differ from the Conservative philosophy.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rep. Allen West Says Up To 81 House Members Are Communists

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I only have two thing to say about Rep. West:

    1. This same accusation was made by promonant Republicans throughout the 30'2, 40'2, 50's and 60's. It didn't quite work then as a political strategy and it certainly won't work now, especially given the fact that:

    a) The Cold War is over!

    b) We've already tried to kill Communism by fighting at least two wars, The Korean War and The Vietnam War (or more accurately, two political "campaigns"). Didn't quite work out as plan, but at least it's never spread beyond the Red Square, Communist China and N. Korea.

    2. Rep. West is grasping at straws! There's no way people will take his comment seriously.

    Sidenote: I don't think it would take too much of a stretch to guess what 81 members of the House he was referring to. Congressional Black Caucus anyone?
    What? Communism never spread beyond Red Square, China or North Korea?

    So in your world there is no Eastern Europe, Central America, Florida,. No Black Book of Communism, no Gulags, Berlin Walls, no Venona papers which demonstrated Communist influence within the US Government that the Democrats of the day denied, no communists professors in US universities and the American media, or the Obama White House. Instead it's all Republican political strategy?

    The left has tried to made it impossible to question whether any member of the American government is far left, and will attack and ridicule anyone who makes such a suggestion, despite it being quite true in the past and no reason to believe it's not true in the present.

    What makes you think the Cold War is over? Do you think the dream died for these people the moment the Berlin Wall fell?

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •