Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 157

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon Mart

  1. #51
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The loss of life is always a tragedy. That doesn't make it a crime.
    I'm open to you showing me where someone shot another one dead and there were no charges whatsoever. And in those cases where there were you find no charges, the dead guy who got shot had to NOT be committing a crime at the same time when he was shot.
    Last edited by poweRob; 04-09-12 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I'm open to you showing me where someone shot another and there were no charges whatsoever. And in those cases where there were you find no charges, the dead guy who got shot had to NOT be committing a crime at the same time when he was shot.
    How about beating up the guy who shot him? Does that count?

  3. #53
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    How about beating up the guy who shot him? Does that count?
    I edited. Where the guy who was shot was shot dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    How about beating up the guy who shot him? Does that count?
    He's innocent until proven guilty, just like Zimmerman is.

    That's the part that's befuddling people in this situation. The current evidence is no more convincing of Martin commiting a crime than Zimmerman is. One is dead, and the dead person can assume guilt if reasonable doubt exists in the living persons case in this situation. No matter what the truth was, the law itself seems questionable.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I edited. Where the guy who was shot was shot dead.
    Looks like a clear case of self defense to me.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    He's innocent until proven guilty, just like Zimmerman is.

    That's the part that's befuddling people in this situation. The current evidence is no more convincing of Martin commiting a crime than Zimmerman is. One is dead, and the dead person can assume guilt if reasonable doubt exists in the living persons case in this situation. No matter what the truth was, the law itself seems questionable.
    The only one assumed innocent is the person facing charges. To the best of my knowledge, Martin is not facing charges.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Agreed. No matter which way she goes, she's going to end up with a lot of criticsm.
    I think so too.

    I did read today that she's known for not sending cases to grand juries. Not sure why this is her thing.

  8. #58
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Looks like a clear case of self defense to me.
    If that's the case then the dead guy was causing a crime when he got shot. Either way, there was a crime going on. So if those who think Zimmerman is innocent they pretty much have to prove that Treyvon is guilty.

    That being said, I don't know where you get your "clear case" view from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    If that's the case then the dead guy was causing a crime when he got shot. Either way, there was a crime going on. So if those who think Zimmerman is innocent they pretty much have to prove that Treyvon is guilty.

    That being said, I don't know where you get your "clear case" view from.
    We have an eye witness who says Martin was beating up Zimmerman and Zimmerman had injuries. Sounds like self defense so far.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: Special prosecutor says she won't use a grand jury in the Trayvon

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    The loss of life is always a tragedy. That doesn't make it a crime.
    What's the point of this statement? Are you just saying it to get it out of your system? Because I didn't say otherwise.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •