Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma ram

  1. #1
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma ram

    Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma rampage - CBS News

    This crime appears to have been very racially motivated. Glad they caught these two so quickly.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #2
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Good on the community for stepping forward and providing the leads to get these lunatics.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #3
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,752

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    A family friend, Susan Sevenstar, told The Associated Press that England was "a good kid" and "a good, hard worker," who "was not in his right mind" after losing his father and the January suicide of his fiancee, with whom he'd recently had a baby.

    "If anybody is trying to say this is a racial situation, they've got things confused," said Sevenstar, who described England as Cherokee Indian. "He didn't care what your color was. It wasn't a racist thing."

    The Tulsa World reported that England's father, Carl, was shot in the chest during a scuffle with a man who had tried to break into his daughter's apartment. England later died. The man charged in the shooting is serving a six-year sentence on a weapons charge, according to Department of Corrections records."

    They are all over the place trying to reframe this. I dont know...pretty much appears to be what it is. Another tragic event...certainly racially motivated. I feel for the families.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 02:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    One of the persons arrested for this had a father gunned down in cold blood by a black person. No charges filed as of 04-08-12.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    One of the persons arrested for this had a father gunned down in cold blood by a black person. No charges filed as of 04-08-12.
    That doesn't give him the right to gun down innocent people.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    A family friend, Susan Sevenstar, told The Associated Press that England was "a good kid" and "a good, hard worker," who "was not in his right mind" after losing his father and the January suicide of his fiancee, with whom he'd recently had a baby.

    "If anybody is trying to say this is a racial situation, they've got things confused," said Sevenstar, who described England as Cherokee Indian. "He didn't care what your color was. It wasn't a racist thing."

    The Tulsa World reported that England's father, Carl, was shot in the chest during a scuffle with a man who had tried to break into his daughter's apartment. England later died. The man charged in the shooting is serving a six-year sentence on a weapons charge, according to Department of Corrections records."

    They are all over the place trying to reframe this. I dont know...pretty much appears to be what it is. Another tragic event...certainly racially motivated. I feel for the families.
    Someone who goes out to shoot a bunch of people inherently fits the description "not in his right mind."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,043

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    That doesn't give him the right to gun down innocent people.
    Agreed.

    Yet where was the public outrage and national news coverage?
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    92% of blacks murdered are killed by other blacks. Yet when the white dude kills one (or 5) it makes national headlines.

    Had he been a black dude, it might have made the local news, maybe.

    http://stevenbirnspeaks.wordpress.co...ck-in-america/

    according to theJustice Department blacks commit around 52% of the murders in this country. Around 92% of black murderers kill other black people according to the same report. Blacks are 7 times more likely to commit murder than white people and are 6 times more likely to be the victim of a murder. Want to talk about interracial murder statistics? Black on white murder is twice the rate of white on black murder. It should be noted though that interracial murders are a small percentage of murders. Only 16% of white people murdered are killed by those of another race, only 7% of blacks are killed by those of another race. Keep in mind blacks are about 13% of the population.



    I believe the two bolded areas make it very reasonable to assume any black walking around a gated community at night is up to no good. It would be IGNORANT not to say that with such a tiny percent of the population yet over half of the murders committed that keeping an extra eye on blacks is a good idea. If you don't, you are not interested in crime prevention, you're interested in PC. Blacks don't want to be targeted because of their race, they need to work on their own people and get the crime rate down.

    If it were 50-50 white and black I'd say targeting blacks had a racial motive, but 52% of murders by 13% of the population is astounding. Black on white murder is twice the rate of white on black so why isn't the media reporting THIS?

    And before people call me racist, I have stated nothing that was racist, I have stated things based on raw statistics. If statistically speaking drivers in Corvettes speed at a much higher percentage than drivers of minivans, would it be foolish to watch out for Vettes closely and keep an eye on them, and relax a little bit on minivan drivers? Of course both CAN speed, but statistics show one is much more likely to speed than the other. Not a great example but it shows my point.

    Now this has nothing to do with the OP, so why the hell I posted it here I don't know.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 04-09-12 at 02:41 PM.

  9. #9
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,752

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Someone who goes out to shoot a bunch of people inherently fits the description "not in his right mind."
    "right" is a relative word. Are you implying he is 'crazy'? At first glance it sounds to me like he has been stewing on this for two years, planned the event with an accomplice and executed the event successfully. Thats not crazy. Charles Manson wasnt 'crazy'. Kim Jung Il wasnt 'not in his right mind'. Perfectly sane people do evil things all the time.

  10. #10
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,752

    Re: Tulsa shooting suspects Jake England, Alvin Watts charged with murder in Oklahoma

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    92% of blacks murdered are killed by other blacks. Yet when the white dude kills one (or 5) it makes national headlines.

    Had he been a black dude, it might have made the local news, maybe.

    Why It’s Dangerous To Be Black In America « Steven Birn Speaks


    Not white dude...Indian. And irrelevant. Anytime someone engages in a spree killing where people of ANY race are targeted it is newsworthy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •