Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 246

Thread: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

  1. #161
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    And yet comparing the same time period in office, Obama has passed less regulations than Bush...

    I never moved the goal post, my original question was asking how many jobs bills has the GOP introduced since their recapture of the house in 2010 that aren't solely made up of tax cuts for the rich and deregulation...as of yet, no one has answered my question...

    The GOP had 8yrs in office of tax cuts and deregulating the financial markets and how did they work out? I think it's only fair to give Obama the same amount of time...see ya in '16
    Actually, your original question to me was:

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Where are all the jobs the GOP promised after the 2010 election? Odd once they took over they stopped talking about jobs and turned their attention to the debt ceiling...wonder why that was...hmmmm...
    After THAT...you moved the goalposts.


    btw, the GOP never had eight years.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Actually, your original question to me was:



    After THAT...you moved the goalposts.


    btw, the GOP never had eight years.
    Ummm, no...go to post #134 and read it again...

  3. #163
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Here is the list by month from the beginning of Bush up until now. You should be able to see that starting in March 2010 until now the have been more than 4 million private sector jobs created:

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 -46 -8 -67 -329 -81 -236 -173 -188 -267 -364 -346 -207
    2002 -151 -159 -65 -96 -80 12 -95 -56 -12 108 -14 -170
    2003 57 -157 -199 -34 19 -39 -2 32 161 143 37 108
    2004 170 32 299 223 310 94 41 102 152 327 27 133
    2005 95 231 145 346 143 261 280 187 84 96 304 140
    2006 315 285 258 165 7 80 158 145 86 5 189 166
    2007 229 57 172 46 121 61 -4 -73 20 61 75 47
    2008 41 -136 -112 -215 -216 -231 -259 -294 -425 -480 -797 -658
    2009 -839 -725 -787 -802 -312 -426 -296 -219 -184 -232 -42 -120
    2010 -40 -27 141 193 84 92 92 128 115 196 134 140
    2011 119 257 261 264 108 102 175 52 216 139 178 234
    2012 277 233 121

    Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    For the shocker if you add all the private sector jobs create from Jan 2001 - Dec 2008 there were 147K job created


  4. #164
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Ummm, no...go to post #134 and read it again...
    Yepper...seen that...wrote it. That's my response for when you moved the goalposts.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 04-08-12 at 07:59 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #165
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why are you talking about Bush? Haven't you heard? There's a new Sheriff in town...has been for almost four years.
    Where did the problem go haywire at? Bush...
    Its called historical analysis to see how and where we are at now...



    Oh, wait...never mind...it's that old liberal tactic: deflect.
    Oh, wait...never mind... Im not a liberal..


  6. #166
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Where did the problem go haywire at? Bush...
    Its called historical analysis to see how and where we are at now...




    Oh, wait...never mind... Im not a liberal..


    Sure your not..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #167
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Here is the list by month from the beginning of Bush up until now. You should be able to see that starting in March 2010 until now the have been more than 4 million private sector jobs created:

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2001 -46 -8 -67 -329 -81 -236 -173 -188 -267 -364 -346 -207
    2002 -151 -159 -65 -96 -80 12 -95 -56 -12 108 -14 -170
    2003 57 -157 -199 -34 19 -39 -2 32 161 143 37 108
    2004 170 32 299 223 310 94 41 102 152 327 27 133
    2005 95 231 145 346 143 261 280 187 84 96 304 140
    2006 315 285 258 165 7 80 158 145 86 5 189 166
    2007 229 57 172 46 121 61 -4 -73 20 61 75 47
    2008 41 -136 -112 -215 -216 -231 -259 -294 -425 -480 -797 -658
    2009 -839 -725 -787 -802 -312 -426 -296 -219 -184 -232 -42 -120
    2010 -40 -27 141 193 84 92 92 128 115 196 134 140
    2011 119 257 261 264 108 102 175 52 216 139 178 234
    2012 277 233 121

    Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    For the shocker if you add all the private sector jobs create from Jan 2001 - Dec 2008 there were 147K job created


    And how many have left the work force?

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    And how many have left the work force?
    How could that possibly be relevant to this point?

  9. #169
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    How could that possibly be relevant to this point?
    Uhm, because you're telling me how many jobs were created...I'll give ya the 4 million and subtract that from those no longer in the work force.
    number of people not in the labor force is at an all time high of 87,897,000. []Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel52 View Post
    Uhm, because you're telling me how many jobs were created...I'll give ya the 4 million and subtract that from those no longer in the work force.
    number of people not in the labor force is at an all time high of 87,897,000. []Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    Ummm, actually pbrauer was, not me...only the number of jobs created was in question, hence the chart...did you read the thread?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •