Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 246

Thread: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

  1. #131
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL ......


    That's some new fangled "obstruction" you got there !!
    Hear Hear, Thank you........Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #132
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,766

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Free trade pacts - check (these only help big corps ship jobs off shore and create tax havens...bad move by Obama
    Patent reform - check
    energy production - check (domestic production is up double digits from Bush)

    so you are pretty much left with cutting taxes on the rich and cutting regulations, which is exactly why we are in the mess we are in...great!!!
    Im all for cutting EPA regulations that were not passed as laws. The question should be why aren't you?
    You didnt read those links and follow up on the bills passed, your response makes that stick out like a sore thumb.
    I do disagree with any changes with derivatives and default swaps even in small terms for single small businesses.

    Regulatory burden under Bush increase by some 30% in terms of number of regulations and economic impact. They have increased more under Obama, that is NOT deregulation. There are things that should have less regulation and things that should be left alone. De-regulating the large financial banks was a mistake. Coal, on the other hand, has been regulated to death. There are areas we are much to stringent, especially when the greatest impact is felt in small businesses who are creating almost all of the jobs.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    As has been explained countless times, the Republicans pushed it to a vote knowing that the Democrats had already amended their proposal and no longer supported the one that Republicans put up for a vote. That was partisan foolishness in its purest form.
    This just gets funnier and funnier.

    The Dems haven't passed a budget proposal. For over 1000 days. Its not because of "obstructionism", as budget issues can be put through without filibuster. Its that "reconciliation" thing.

    Its because they do not want their fingerprints on anything that holds them accountable for more than just a few months. Its the "don't blame me. I didn't do nothing" farce that was Obama-Reid-Pelosi, now just O-R, but which so many liberals embrace, willing to ignore that leaders are supposed to lead.

    What a concept

  4. #134
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    Do you know of any that the house has passed that do more than simply cut taxes on the rich and get rid of regulations? If so, would love to see them...
    Frankly, I think one of the major obstructions to job creation at this time is excessive regulation...along with the uncertainty that has resulted from all of Obama's solutions.

    But why do you place these conditions on my statement? Do you contend that the bills passed by the House will not result in job creation? When you get right down to it, we'll never know for sure because the Democrats have blocked them.

    Anyway, I've answered your previous question and all you can come up with is goal-post movement.

    One thing we DO know for sure is that Obama's solutions have resulted in pathetic results.

    I think it's time to give the Republicans a chance.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Where pissing off the has beens here is fun...
    Last Seen
    04-07-13 @ 09:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Frankly, I think one of the major obstructions to job creation at this time is excessive regulation...along with the uncertainty that has resulted from all of Obama's solutions.

    But why do you place these conditions on my statement? Do you contend that the bills passed by the House will not result in job creation? When you get right down to it, we'll never know for sure because the Democrats have blocked them.

    Anyway, I've answered your previous question and all you can come up with is goal-post movement.

    One thing we DO know for sure is that Obama's solutions have resulted in pathetic results.

    I think it's time to give the Republicans a chance.
    And yet comparing the same time period in office, Obama has passed less regulations than Bush...

    I never moved the goal post, my original question was asking how many jobs bills has the GOP introduced since their recapture of the house in 2010 that aren't solely made up of tax cuts for the rich and deregulation...as of yet, no one has answered my question...

    The GOP had 8yrs in office of tax cuts and deregulating the financial markets and how did they work out? I think it's only fair to give Obama the same amount of time...see ya in '16
    Last edited by JasonI; 04-08-12 at 02:20 PM.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So instead of blaiming the person who was pres while the economy failed and passed it on to the other guy we should blame the guy that inherited it.. I gotcha...
    If I pay someone to fix my car when it breaks and they fail to fix it, do I blame the mechanic or do I blame Ford?

    You tell me.

  7. #137
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    200,000 jobs a month...or less...is pathetic.
    Ill tell you whats really pathetic is Bush's job growth record...


  8. #138
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonI View Post
    And yet comparing the same time period in office, Obama has passed less regulations than Bush...

    I never moved the goal post, my original question was asking how many jobs bills has the GOP introduced since their recapture of the house in 2010 that aren't solely made up of tax cuts for the rich and deregulation...as of yet, no one has answered my question...

    The GOP had 8yrs in office of tax cuts and deregulating the financial markets and how did they work out? I think it's only fair to give Obama the same amount of time...see ya in '16
    Bush may have had more but those under Ubama are far more costly.

  9. #139
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Only a true idiot would tout the Clinton surplus after it's been dubunked so thoroughly on here. Hint: You can't increase the debt every year you're in office and still claim a surplus, no matter how many times you want to try to beat that liberal meat, you'll never ejaculate.

    Once again dubunking the same old liberal lies:

    How much surplus did the US have when Clinton left office

    The Myth of the Clinton Surplus |

    Destroying the myth of the Clinton surpluses. | The Silent Majority
    Your sources are Wikianswers and two blogs? Can we have some actual accurate more credible sources please?

    I have some sources that are actually legit and not some fringe bull**** or Wikianswers
    Historical Tables | The White House

    DOW went from 14k to 7k with the dot-com bust, that's pretty damn serious if you ask me.
    Thats not true either......


    Have any more bull**** you wanna bring up to make your fairy-tale land in your head apathetic?


  10. #140
    Advisor Rapunzel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great Midwest
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    525

    Re: Jobs recovery suffers setback in March

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ill tell you whats really pathetic is Bush's job growth record...

    Is Bushy still president?

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •