Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 195

Thread: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

  1. #181
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    When you use race to profile someone, you are using "racial profiling", understand what those two words together means and read what the thread is about. Nobody said that profiling is limited to race, religion or sex, so keep your strawman to yourself. None of that changes the fact that police use racial profiling which affect blacks and Latinos more than Whites, a fact bear out overwhelmingly by the statistics. Unless you claim that black people act suspiciously more often than white people do, the fact remains that police stop blacks more often than white because they are black and blacks happen to be responsible for most crimes even though most blacks are innocent of those crimes.
    Confusing. So you seem to be saying blacks happen to be responsible for most crimes even though the majority of blacks are not. That makes sense because the majority of blacks are not criminals. On the other hand you seem to be arguing that race is a factor but it should be ignored.

  2. #182
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Confusing. So you seem to be saying blacks happen to be responsible for most crimes even though the majority of blacks are not. That makes sense because the majority of blacks are not criminals. On the other hand you seem to be arguing that race is a factor but it should be ignored.
    Only a small % of blacks are actually criminals. However, young black males commit a disproprtionately large amount of the crime. Blacks make up 12.6% of the total population but comprise 40% of the prison population. Now there is some merit to the claim that blacks get arrested more and sent to jail more odten than whites who commit the same crime, BUT that can't account for the more than threefold difference in general to prison population. Also, a poor white guy is just as likely to go to jail as a poor black guy. Sure racial profiling exists, but just because you get pulled over because yiu are black, doesn't mean you are going to get arrested if you haven't done anything wrong.

    The funniest thing about racial profiling is that BLACK COPS DO IT TOO. Yet nobody squeals racism when a black cop pulls them over for DWB
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #183
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by jambalaya View Post
    Confusing. So you seem to be saying blacks happen to be responsible for most crimes even though the majority of blacks are not. That makes sense because the majority of blacks are not criminals. On the other hand you seem to be arguing that race is a factor but it should be ignored.
    Where did I say anything should be ignored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  4. #184
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Only a small % of blacks are actually criminals. However, young black males commit a disproprtionately large amount of the crime. Blacks make up 12.6% of the total population but comprise 40% of the prison population. Now there is some merit to the claim that blacks get arrested more and sent to jail more odten than whites who commit the same crime, BUT that can't account for the more than threefold difference in general to prison population. Also, a poor white guy is just as likely to go to jail as a poor black guy. Sure racial profiling exists, but just because you get pulled over because yiu are black, doesn't mean you are going to get arrested if you haven't done anything wrong.

    The funniest thing about racial profiling is that BLACK COPS DO IT TOO. Yet nobody squeals racism when a black cop pulls them over for DWB

    I have heard many complaints about black cops being heavy handed on blacks as well. I think of the cops as the same whether black or white, they have a lot of power and discretion to police society, and like any group of people with power, they should be monitored for abuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  5. #185
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That changes nothing about the reasons for traffic stops I mentioned in my post......... that you conveniently ignored.
    It completely destroy your arguement that they are stopped more frequently in high crime area where they make up a large number of the population.

    Black people in predominately white neighborhoods can still have equipment violations, registration violations, insurance/inspection violations, suspensions on their license, etc, etc, etc, etc.
    So show us the statistics that they are more likely to have these violations than whites, instead of speculating. Are they up to 12.6 times more likely to have these violations?





    I think maybe you need to take a smoke break.
    I don't smoke. It's a disgusting habit.


    That said.... You have shown statistics, and then you have claimed that the connection between your conclusion (racial profiling) and the statistics is the supreme being of all conclusions with absolutely no evidence on how you connected the two. After repeated requests for you to do so, You have failed.
    I have done so many times. Saying I fail won't make it true. I note your hypocrisy again in saying that we can't draw conclusions about motives from the statistics when you have tried to do so yourself when it suited your purpose.






    If I wrote it... then quote me where I wrote it. I asked you a question when you flat out denied the possibility brought up by MaggieD without showing any evidence for it.
    I have quoted you, and that post was not even in response to my post. My reply to MaggieD contained the statistics. You are just making **** up now.
    Last edited by nonpareil; 04-10-12 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Exactly. Moreover, how many other celebrities get pulled over and make excuses? How many PEOPLE get pulled over and make excuses? Why start a thread for Tyler Perry? What's so special about him?
    He played the race card. That makes him extra special.

  7. #187
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Only a small % of blacks are actually criminals. However, young black males commit a disproprtionately large amount of the crime. Blacks make up 12.6% of the total population but comprise 40% of the prison population. Now there is some merit to the claim that blacks get arrested more and sent to jail more odten than whites who commit the same crime, BUT that can't account for the more than threefold difference in general to prison population. Also, a poor white guy is just as likely to go to jail as a poor black guy. Sure racial profiling exists, but just because you get pulled over because yiu are black, doesn't mean you are going to get arrested if you haven't done anything wrong.

    The funniest thing about racial profiling is that BLACK COPS DO IT TOO. Yet nobody squeals racism when a black cop pulls them over for DWB
    Black cops do it too because it is called criminal profiling which is different from racial profiling.

  8. #188
    Cynical Optimist
    jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Last Seen
    11-28-12 @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,481

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Where did I say anything should be ignored?
    That is why I am asking. Your post was not clear to me.

  9. #189
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    True. But racial profiling can be a valid and necessary part of criminal profiling.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #190
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    He played the race card. That makes him extra special.
    Exactly, which is why I started this thread. A fact that people like hatuey seem ill equipped to understand
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •