Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 195

Thread: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

  1. #171
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Not surprising given the location of your head.
    And where is that? No need to get bitchy.



    What constitute "proof"? It seems you require mind-reading.
    I require proof..... not guessing using your own preconceived notion that "racial profiling is the answer to all statistical data". You have to jump from the statistics to the reason why the statistics show what they show. You have done this without any evidence. I am asking you to explain how you got there without something other than speculation.

    I have evidence that blacks and Latino are treated worse than whites when they are stopped.
    I didn't see that. Probable cause searches are based upon probable cause. Consent searches are based upon asking and receiving of consent. If you have any evidence that this is not the case please present it.

    I have evidence that whites are more likely to be found with contraband and yet being searched less often than blacks and Latino.
    Okay.... and? Do you know how searching works? The legality of it? It isn't arbitrary...

    Do you have evidence that blacks are up to 12.6 time more likely to break traffic law than whites? If you don't, what prompt you to think that blacks are more likely to break traffic laws? Because they are black?
    I didn't make the claim, MaggieD suggested it. You denied it. I asked for evidence. You provided none.

    Being stopped more often, and being "more likely" to break traffic laws are not one in the same. You are attempting to make a link where one cannot be made without a leap of faith. Faith in a preconceived notion that Law enforcement base all of their actions around the race of the individual they are dealing with. Hint: They don't.






    So if blacks are not more likely to break traffic laws, what account for such high rates of them being stopped compared to whites?
    Umm.. About a thousand other possibilities?

    Let me ask you this, do you think Officers go around pre-determining the race of the person they stop before stopping the car? I know I don't. I can't. Not at 3am... Everyone is black.... Everyone is a black silhouette.

    Lets see... what other possibilities can I toss out there that are just as plausible as your "theory" that it MUST be racial profiling....

    Proactive police work is usually encouraged in areas of high crime. Especially high violent crime. Gangs operate via the use of violent crime. Gangs are known to be a very strong factor in minority predominant areas.

    Now, with that in mind..... The white cracker up in Beverly Hills with his RRRRRRRolls RRRRRRoyce... Has he the money to ensure his vehicle is in good working order? Check (there goes equipment violations). Has he the money to ensure his vehicle is properly registered, inspected and insurance is up to date? Check (there goes registration/insurance/inspection regulatory stops). Has he the money to make sure he pays his previous tickets for moving violations? Check (There goes any suspensions of his driving record for fail to pay/fail to appear for previous driving offenses).......etc.....etc...... And it doesn't just apply to the rich guy, it applies to the middle class folks as well. Poor people (which is almost synonymous with minorities in the liberal media) and young people (because they are often poor, and lack the responsibility to take proper care of these above mentioned issues)(and because young people like to do stupid **** like burn outs, speeding, erratic driving to impress) are the most likely to be stopped for various traffic violations.

    Now, with this in mind.... Lets go back to my Violent Crime area Idea. It is not uncommon for a BOLO (be on look out) for an armed robbery suspect in a gang area to contain the description of a young black male with dreads.... Investigatory Stops are another reason to stop a vehicle that has absolutely nothing to do with traffic laws in particular.


    So, as you can see.... this is just a small idea of the various reasons why blacks and hispanics can be stopped more often than whites per the STATISTICAL DATA.





    Sure, and why don't prove that the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist. You made the proposition that it is due to other reason, the onus is on you to provide us with the evidence that your proposition is true, not me. I have provided the statistics and the logic to back my arguements.
    You have provided statistics..... then you provided no evidence to how you took those statistics and got to your conclusion.


    Read above... I just blew a whole in your "conclusion" of Statistics = Racism.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #172
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    I've seen a black dude accuse, a cop of 'racial profiling'....

    Here's the kicker...the guy that was accusing him of profiling was of the SAME race! The cop (an African-American officer) and still relatively new to the job, in no way did, he 'profile' anybody.

    I was amazed that this guy was putting, the cop through the paces like this when he is only a shade lighter than, the cop in complexion and the return on his DL listed him as BLACK.

  3. #173
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I've seen a black dude accuse, a cop of 'racial profiling'....

    Here's the kicker...the guy that was accusing him of profiling was of the SAME race! The cop (an African-American officer) and still relatively new to the job, in no way did, he 'profile' anybody.

    I was amazed that this guy was putting, the cop through the paces like this when he is only a shade lighter than, the cop in complexion and the return on his DL listed him as BLACK.
    So a black cop cannot profile a black suspect? Interesting philosophy you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #174
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't believe either. My system of belief on this is quite complex, as I understand quite a bit of how the "politics of policing" work. I also understand how statistics cannot possibly gather enough information to accurately portray REASONS behind them.

    You still cannot draw this conclusion from statistics.
    Sure, when it leads to the conclusion that contradicts your belief. You didn't have a problem with using statistics to explain the REASON behind slavery.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059978458

    The statistics say what is happening.
    The statistics don't explain WHY it is happening, if there is a specific reason at all.
    When they all point to the same thing and logic says the alternative explanations are bull****, it's good enough for any openminded reasonable person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  5. #175
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Sure, when it leads to the conclusion that contradicts your belief. You didn't have a problem with using statistics to explain the REASON behind slavery.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1059978458



    When they all point to the same thing and logic says the alternative explanations are bull****, it's good enough for any openminded reasonable person.
    If you had to pull up some crap from that long ago... That took some digging.

    Something tells me I am getting under your skin.

    Calm down and take a smoke break.... this is just the internets....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post


    When they all point to the same thing and logic says the alternative explanations are bull****, it's good enough for any openminded reasonable person.
    Why does logic say that the alternative explanations are bull****?

    Is it because your knowledge on what constitutes a traffic stop is much lower than mine? Should we take advice from "openminded reasonable people" when they don't have a reasonable grasp of the knowledge required to understand a particular topic..... like traffic stops?

    Do you care to respond to my list of reasons why the numbers could be the way they are? Or did my explanation go over your head?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #177
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If you had to pull up some crap from that long ago... That took some digging.

    Something tells me I am getting under your skin.

    Calm down and take a smoke break.... this is just the internets....
    If you know what you're doing it's a 2 min search. The truth hurts? You don't get under my skin, I just like to show the hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  8. #178
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And where is that?
    Up your ass.


    No need to get bitchy.
    If telling the truth is bitchy, then bitchy it is, if you can't handle that, too bad for you.


    I require proof..... not guessing using your own preconceived notion that "racial profiling is the answer to all statistical data". You have to jump from the statistics to the reason why the statistics show what they show. You have done this without any evidence. I am asking you to explain how you got there without something other than speculation.
    So you're down to strawman. No one claimed that "racial profiling is the answer to all statistical data". I have provided the evidence and the logic to back my arguement. Of the two of us, I'm the only who has done that. The speculation is entirely on your part. You have not provided any evidence to show that blacks are more like to break traffic law.


    I didn't see that. Probable cause searches are based upon probable cause. Consent searches are based upon asking and receiving of consent. If you have any evidence that this is not the case please present it.
    Red herring doesn't work either, what's probable cause? Not being white maybe? So what if consent searches require consent? Doesn't change the fact that whites are searched less often while found with contraband more often.


    Okay.... and? Do you know how searching works? The legality of it? It isn't arbitrary...
    Really, is that why an innocent black man was arrested while being a passenger, sent to 2 different jails where he was striped search twice?


    I didn't make the claim, MaggieD suggested it. You denied it. I asked for evidence. You provided none.
    It's in your post, don't be a coward and put in on other posters:

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Right Back Atcha...

    Do you have proof these black folks are getting pulled over because they are black and for no other reason?
    Do you have proof that more arrests is not evident of breaking more laws?

    Do you expect us to ASSume the "suggestive" evidence the way YOU want us to view it?
    Your response to MaggieD:

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think we have a winner!! ^^^
    So now you claim to disagree with her?



    Being stopped more often, and being "more likely" to break traffic laws are not one in the same. You are attempting to make a link where one cannot be made without a leap of faith. Faith in a preconceived notion that Law enforcement base all of their actions around the race of the individual they are dealing with. Hint: They don't.
    Strawman alert again. No one claimed that "Law enforcement base all of their actions around the race of the individual they are dealing with." Evidence has been provided to show that Blacks and Latinos are stopped more often than whites, searched more often than whites, while found to have contraband less often than whites. It's your faith in the police that keeps you thinking they are above racial profiling.




    Umm.. About a thousand other possibilities?

    Let me ask you this, do you think Officers go around pre-determining the race of the person they stop before stopping the car? I know I don't. I can't. Not at 3am... Everyone is black.... Everyone is a black silhouette.

    Lets see... what other possibilities can I toss out there that are just as plausible as your "theory" that it MUST be racial profiling....

    Proactive police work is usually encouraged in areas of high crime. Especially high violent crime. Gangs operate via the use of violent crime. Gangs are known to be a very strong factor in minority predominant areas.

    Now, with that in mind..... The white cracker up in Beverly Hills with his RRRRRRRolls RRRRRRoyce... Has he the money to ensure his vehicle is in good working order? Check (there goes equipment violations). Has he the money to ensure his vehicle is properly registered, inspected and insurance is up to date? Check (there goes registration/insurance/inspection regulatory stops). Has he the money to make sure he pays his previous tickets for moving violations? Check (There goes any suspensions of his driving record for fail to pay/fail to appear for previous driving offenses).......etc.....etc...... And it doesn't just apply to the rich guy, it applies to the middle class folks as well. Poor people (which is almost synonymous with minorities in the liberal media) and young people (because they are often poor, and lack the responsibility to take proper care of these above mentioned issues)(and because young people like to do stupid **** like burn outs, speeding, erratic driving to impress) are the most likely to be stopped for various traffic violations.

    Now, with this in mind.... Lets go back to my Violent Crime area Idea. It is not uncommon for a BOLO (be on look out) for an armed robbery suspect in a gang area to contain the description of a young black male with dreads.... Investigatory Stops are another reason to stop a vehicle that has absolutely nothing to do with traffic laws in particular.


    So, as you can see.... this is just a small idea of the various reasons why blacks and hispanics can be stopped more often than whites per the STATISTICAL DATA.
    That would be all good if the statistics didn't show that the highest disparity was in a predominently white neighbourhood. Explain that.



    You have provided statistics..... then you provided no evidence to how you took those statistics and got to your conclusion.
    I have provided the evidence and the logic a few time, but you admited to not being able to see, probably because of the reason of your head being up your ass.



    Read above... I just blew a whole in your "conclusion" of Statistics = Racism.
    You have done nothing of the sort. All you have done is shown yourself to be a hypocrite, you attemped to use statistic to make conclusions about motives when it suited you, but now that it contradicts what you believe, you want to claim that it can't be used to do so. You acted like a coward by disowning what you wrote and put it on MaggieD. And when you arguements failed, you resorted to fallacies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  9. #179
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    That would be all good if the statistics didn't show that the highest disparity was in a predominently white neighbourhood. Explain that.
    That changes nothing about the reasons for traffic stops I mentioned in my post......... that you conveniently ignored.

    Black people in predominately white neighborhoods can still have equipment violations, registration violations, insurance/inspection violations, suspensions on their license, etc, etc, etc, etc.






    I have provided the evidence and the logic a few time, but you admited to not being able to see, probably because of the reason of your head being up your ass.
    I think maybe you need to take a smoke break.

    That said.... You have shown statistics, and then you have claimed that the connection between your conclusion (racial profiling) and the statistics is the supreme being of all conclusions with absolutely no evidence on how you connected the two. After repeated requests for you to do so, You have failed.







    You have done nothing of the sort. All you have done is shown yourself to be a hypocrite, you attemped to use statistic to make conclusions about motives when it suited you, but now that it contradicts what you believe, you want to claim that it can't be used to do so. You acted like a coward by disowning what you wrote and put it on MaggieD. And when you arguements failed, you resorted to fallacies.
    If I wrote it... then quote me where I wrote it. I asked you a question when you flat out denied the possibility brought up by MaggieD without showing any evidence for it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #180
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Betting she does IS a claim... no one can be that obtusely contradictory on purpose.
    Thunder can, didn't you see?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •