Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 195

Thread: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

  1. #131
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Sitting behind your keyboard and telling me how profiling actually works in the real world...You gotta be kiddin' me lol


    Pros that actually do criminal investigations and utilize CRIMMINAL profiling as one of MANY investigative tools will continue to do the job.


    Carry on with your bull ****.
    Since I have statistics to back what I say, it's you that is full of bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  2. #132
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    There's plenty of evidence if you care to take your head out of your ass long enough to see it. Statistics show clearly that blacks and Hispanics drivers fare worse than whites. Hell, just look at Florence v. Burlington, a black man getting pulled over so often he carries a letter explaining his situation and still he get jailed while being innocent.

    More black motorists pulled over, according to HPD study

    Black, Hispanic drivers stopped more often in Illinois, study finds

    Minorities getting pulled over, searched, arrested at increasing rate
    Statistics do not prove intent.

    I don't know how many times it has to be said, I have said it plenty but.. whatever.

    You can't look at a statistic and then draw the conclusion you want to from it without having facts to support your drawn conclusion. There are way to many factors involved in a traffic stop, as there are way to many reasons why a stop is conducted. The same with searches. For example, if a consent search is asked and refused, then it isn't added to the statistics.......if it is granted, then it is added to the statistics.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Do you have proof that black people break traffic laws more than other racial groups or is this just another one your snipes at black Americans? And btw, more arrests is not evidence of breaking more laws.
    Right Back Atcha...

    Do you have proof these black folks are getting pulled over because they are black and for no other reason?
    Do you have proof that more arrests is not evident of breaking more laws?

    Do you expect us to ASSume the "suggestive" evidence the way YOU want us to view it?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I was using sarcasm, Mike.

    There are lots of people in this world who use the system to make other people's lives miserable. Accuse a LEO of profiling to his CO? You've just created tons of paperwork for that offficer; a letter in his personnel file; an investigation. Whether it's true or not, it becomes a part of that officer's permanent file. Some people just love doing that. It makes them feel powerful.

    Of course it matters whether or not it's true. That's the only thing that matters.
    Unfounded complaints are not permanent....... at least not here.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    You said, "The idea they're pulled over more has nothing to do with they break traffic laws more? No. It couldn't be that."

    "They break traffic laws more" is an unsubstantiated generalization. Can you please substantiate that generalization?
    "The idea they're pulled over more because they are black" is an unsubstantiated generalization. Can you please substantiate that generalization?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why do you think that people need to legitimize their claims by reporting to you? I don't understand that sentiment. As far as racial profiling goes, it's nearly impossible to prove objectively. Consequently, neither you nor I KNOW if someone is racial profiling. Therefore, if you say, "He's not profiling" and I say, "Yes, he is," we both are giving OPINIONS. You're arguing that your OPINION is better than other peoples' OPINIONS and that people should prove their opinions to you. That doesn't make any sense.
    The difference is this.....

    In the scenario you described above.... Im not accusing anyone of anything. You are.

    If you want to accuse someone of something like racial profiling, You'd better provide solid reasoning for your accusation.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If a person is pulled over who isn't breaking the law, he may have a legitimate claim for racial profiling that should be investigated. And that's the guy that should probably file a complaint. A series of such complaints against an officer would prove a pattern. If he's ticketed for having illegally tinted windows and driving irratically, any claim of racial profiling goes out the window, in my opinion. If the person was breaking the law, he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Period. No matter what his perception.
    I think we have a winner!! ^^^
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Touche. But I don't think people have to come to me to make their opinions legitimate. I might argue a lot, but at the end of the day, I know that people's opinions are founded by their experiences which is why though I can't imagine adopting a lot of conservative stances for myself, I understand that people have different experiences than me and therefore, those stances make sense to them in that context. This is why Caine's insistence that other people legitimize their opinions by reporting to him is so ridiculous to me.


    Exactly my point. If only those involved know for sure, then it doesn't make sense to tell people what they have or have not experienced.
    Not opinions PlayDrive. When someone accuses someone else of racism or racial profiling, such an accusation needs to be backed up by evidence or SOME amount of logical reasoning.

    If one then jumps on the bandwagon with the accuser (in this case you, and others here), then they fall into the same category of needing to have some kind of evidence. Without it, it just shows more about your own prejudices against Law Enforcement than any point you are attempting to make by agreeing, or independently, accusing an officer of Racial Profiling.


    Get it?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    When you use race to profile someone, you are using "racial profiling", understand what those two words together means and read what the thread is about. Nobody said that profiling is limited to race, religion or sex, so keep your strawman to yourself. None of that changes the fact that police use racial profiling which affect blacks and Latinos more than Whites, a fact bear out overwhelmingly by the statistics. Unless you claim that black people act suspiciously more often than white people do, the fact remains that police stop blacks more often than white because they are black and blacks happen to be responsible for most crimes even though most blacks are innocent of those crimes.
    Its not a fact that you can draw from statistics without making a leap of logic.

    Think of it this way....

    The Results of Study B = Z Thus the reason for the study being Z was 9.
    .................................................. ......How did you get from ^ to ^ ?

    A leap of logic, thats how.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Police can call someone over for a lot of reasons, and once stopped, they can always find something wrong if they want to or let the person go even when there's something wrong. It's not about a single police officer, the statistics concern the whole system. It's not about overt racism, it's about the perception that blacks are more likely to be criminals because they make up a large number of the criminal population, despite the fact that most blacks are not criminal. Your jumping to the conclusion that blacks might be stopped more often because they break the laws more often instead of reading the articles to find out what the true facts are is exactly the thinking that results in racial profiling.
    Whose perception is it that "blacks are more likely to be criminals because they make up a large number of the criminal population" ?

    Who are you having the pleasure of speaking on behalf of here?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •