Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 195

Thread: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

  1. #101
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    There's plenty of evidence if you care to take your head out of your ass long enough to see it. Statistics show clearly that blacks and Hispanics drivers fare worse than whites. Hell, just look at Florence v. Burlington, a black man getting pulled over so often he carries a letter explaining his situation and still he get jailed while being innocent.
    When you have a composite of several years worth of assaults on cops *as an example* M/B/17-22, 5.8". 140 lbs, wearing xxxx jeans, xxxx shirt and felony flyers.

    Profiling becomes a *taught subject*

  2. #102
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    When you have a composite of several years worth of assaults on cops *as an example* M/B/17-22, 5.8". 140 lbs, wearing xxxx jeans, xxxx shirt and felony flyers.

    Profiling becomes a *taught subject*
    So police do racial profiling.

    BTW, while you concentrate on the criminals, keep in mind that the majority of black people are not criminals but innocent bystanders or victims themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook | Reuters

    Despite the fact that he broke the law by making an illegal left turn from the far right lane and having his passenger side windows tinted, Tyler Perry still squeals racial profiling when the cops pull him over. Hint for you Tyler, you got stopped because you broke the law, not because you are black
    First, while the turn is clear because he admitted it, the tint thing is an iffy type of thing in most cases I've seen or heard of it being pulled over. Even so, a cop can pull someone over for a legitimate reason but still do it because of racial motivation as well. That doesn't mean it happened here, but it IS possible. I think the immediate "THEY DID IT BECAUSE I WAS BLACK!" knee jerk reaction by a man who exploits black stereotypes to make a living is a bit ridiculous, but who knows. Really...why are we even talking about it. If the claim is bogus and BS....don't give it attention. Focusing on it just gives it attention that it doesn't need nor deserve and is likely to actually get people fooled into believing it. If the claim isn't bogus, with someone the level of fame and wealth as Perry, there's likely no chance that the truth and facts wouldn't actually come to light in a bit of time at which point sure...discuss it then.

    However, if this really is another in the line of stupid self-entitled celebrities that tries to blame everything on everyone else but themselves....who the **** cares. Just because he decided to try and use some whiny socio-political excuse rather than a drugs or jews or sex-addict inducing wizard aliens (Zyphlin's Law) doesn't mean it's worth any more time than any of the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The cops claim that is the case. Have you inspected the car? Do you hear the conversation between the cops and Perry?

    Still don't get it do you?
    Am I correct in guessing you've been so hesitant to state an opinion or make a judgement, or so quick to condemn those that have, in the Trayvon case? If so, congrats on being consistent then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... who cares? Does Oscar make a thread every time Paris Hilton gets pulled over for a DUI?
    Nope.

    ...who cares? Do you make a snippy remark suggesting hypocrisy every time someone makes a gigantic deal about a one guy killing another one in a questionable case but doesn't post about the hundreds of other murders that happen in this country?

    Oh wait...sorry, forgot, doesn't count if there's a black guy killed. That'd mean you wouldn't make a snippy remark, but rather rage on about it and jump to conclusions prior to all the facts coming to light for a week or so.

    But BOOO! BOO! OSCAR! How DARE you offend Hautey by selectively getting outraged and jumping to conclusions as if you know EXACTLY how this went. BOOO! BAD! Be more like Hautey!

    So I got it. It's only when black people get killed and no arrest is made that you care. How non-racist of you.

    If you want to go after some persons integrity as the means of destroying their debate point it may help if your own didn't have enough holes that it resembled swiss cheese.

    Funny fact....people have a whole huge list of motivating factors for what issues strike their fancy or urge them forward. Race, in a variety of ways, absolutely can. Political stand point can. Societal views can. Whether they're a cop or a long time criminal can. Whether they're local to the issue or not can affect it. Perhaps they just focus on things that get big into the news, perhaps others tend to start looking into things when it begins to pop up more on social media, and perhaps others tend to get deeply involved into some issues rather than others due to the things going on in their life and how busy they are at that time. On top of tons of other factors.

    But no...no no no. Everyone else's case MUST be because they're racists, even if their actions aren't that different than your own in other situations that are somewhat similar.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Tyler Perry complaining about "racial profiling"? That's rich, coming from a guy who has made millions by portraying black people as characatures and buffoons on television and in movies.
    I admit, I LOL'ed

  4. #104
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    There's plenty of evidence if you care to take your head out of your ass long enough to see it. Statistics show clearly that blacks and Hispanics drivers fare worse than whites. Hell, just look at Florence v. Burlington, a black man getting pulled over so often he carries a letter explaining his situation and still he get jailed while being innocent.

    More black motorists pulled over, according to HPD study

    Black, Hispanic drivers stopped more often in Illinois, study finds

    Minorities getting pulled over, searched, arrested at increasing rate
    The idea they're pulled over more has nothing to do with they break traffic laws more? No. It couldn't be that.

    Oh, there's a black guy. I think I'll pull him over. Give me a break!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The idea they're pulled over more has nothing to do with they break traffic laws more? No. It couldn't be that.

    Oh, there's a black guy. I think I'll pull him over. Give me a break!
    Do you have proof that black people break traffic laws more than other racial groups or is this just another one your snipes at black Americans? And btw, more arrests is not evidence of breaking more laws.

  6. #106
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    And btw, more arrests is not evidence of breaking more laws.
    And neither is it evidence that they're not. And neither is it evidence that racial profiling is involved.

    I don't snipe at African Americans. You just can't accept a rational mind, can you?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you are essentially saying that it is okay to assume a police officer was racially profiling with absolutely no reason to back it up. And this is being taught as acceptable? Thats ****ing ignorant.
    No, I'm saying that people don't have to prove something to you to both have their own opinion or have an accurate take on a situation.

    Would be better than the current trend.
    "Man, maybe he is racist just because, i mean.. you are black after all...... that makes him racist!"
    The way we've been handling these bull**** accusations only adds fuel to the fire.
    Maybe you should just stop caring so much about other people expressing their opinions. It seems like it's distressing you an awful lot.

    So, as I thought.... you have no desire to fix such a crutch in the black community.

    The crutch being, blindly blaming all their problems on racism and living out their lives in that manner.
    No, I don't support anybody's decision to let actual or perceived prejudice prevent them from taking responsibility for what they can control. It's unfortunate, though, that you felt the need to distort my argument in such a manner though rather than have an honest discussion about what I actually said.

    DISCLAIMER: I am not stating that all blacks do this. (the fact I have to add this is pathetic).
    Nobody forced you to do it. It seems like you have a bit of a victim complex if you blame your own choice to ad a disclaimer on "having to do it" because of other people.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    And neither is it evidence that they're not. And neither is it evidence that racial profiling is involved.

    I don't snipe at African Americans. You just can't accept a rational mind, can you?
    So if you don't have any evidence, then why would you say that blacks break more traffic laws as a fact and not a mere opinion?

    What are you basing this on?

    (And yes, making negative generalizations about entire race is a snipe. Also, there's nothing racial about making generalizations about races without evidence.)
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 04-07-12 at 12:02 AM.

  9. #109
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    So if you don't have any evidence, then why would you say that blacks break more traffic laws as a fact and not a mere opinion?

    What are you basing this on?

    (And yes, making negative generalizations about entire race is a snipe.)
    You continue to distort other people's words, parse their sentences and semanticize their posts into absolute oblivion. Is that your hobby?

    I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The idea they're pulled over more has nothing to do with they break traffic laws more? No. It couldn't be that.

    Oh, there's a black guy. I think I'll pull him over. Give me a break!
    With your consistent massacre of meanings within the English language, I don't know how the hell you can be a writer...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #110
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What's the matter with you, Caine??? If a guy thinks he's been racially profiled, it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Perception is reality. What don't you get about that???
    Yes preception can be reality to that person. It does matter if its true or not. When it gets in the press, can it not lead to unjustly created tension between LEO and the community? IMO, when someone plays the profile card and it is not true, it shows that persons bias towards the one they are accusing.
    Last edited by mike2810; 04-07-12 at 12:08 AM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •