Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 195

Thread: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

  1. #91
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Yep, that attitude is one of the main contributors to racial tension in modern America. If you tell blacks to put their thoughts to rest or when you minimize a problem others feel is real, you just increase tension and increase many peoples' resistance to civil dialogue and openness.
    So, we aren't supposed to demand that they back up their allegations with some kind of evidence? Just let blacks call people racists just because something they didn't like happened to them?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Exactly.

    More discussions on what specifically leads one to believe that a person is racist or the act of a person was racially motivated would go far to prove that about (and im pulling this one out of my ass) 70%+ accusations of racism have absolutely no basis other than some preconceived (prejudiced) notion by the accuser.
    There's no problem with discussing it openly. However, it is true that the way you go about discussing it openly is likely to lead nowhere. Telling people what to think and arguing that their claims are only legitimate if you feel like they are isn't a discussion with people, it's talking at people and it's useless unless you're only looking to serve your own ego.

    Just sayin'.

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, we aren't supposed to demand that they back up their allegations with some kind of evidence? Just let blacks call people racists just because something they didn't like happened to them?
    First, you don't get very far in "discussions" by demanding things from people. The only thing you're likely to get from that is someone unwilling to hear your point of view. Second, accusing cops of racial profiling is not the same thing as "calling people racists". That's a distortion of people's arguments which, again, gets you nowhere in a "discussion". Third, racial profiling is often a difficult thing to prove. You seem to think that if someone can't prove it objectively to you that it doesn't exist. However, many things exist that can't be objectively proven to you so that's a faulty premise.

    On the last point, I have an example. Passive aggressiveness is often impossible to prove objectively and yet people are often the objects of passive aggressive behavior. It would be preposterous to argue that people who claim others are being passive aggressive prove it to you or me to make us feel better about their perceptions. However, if we disagree with what they perceive, then it would be more productive to either accept our differences or stop associating with each other. But to tell them to "prove it or shut up" will be unceasingly unproductive and will lead to unnecessary tension that has no positive end.

    As far as the specific question of whether or not black people (or others) should be forced to provide evidence to you and other regular people when they believe that they have racially profiled, the answer is "no". Unless someone is involved in a legal situation, then they owe neither you nor anyone else an explanation for their perceptions which may, in fact, be accurate even if you don't perceive the same thing.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    There's no problem with discussing it openly. However, it is true that the way you go about discussing it openly is likely to lead nowhere. Telling people what to think and arguing that their claims are only legitimate if you feel like they are isn't a discussion with people, it's talking at people and it's useless unless you're only looking to serve your own ego.

    Just sayin'.
    Again, there needs to be evidence other than a preconceived feeling that someone is a racist with no basis.

    Guy: Man, that mother ****er is racist, that is why he didn't hire me.
    Questioner: How are you sure it is racism?
    Guy: He JUST IS.

    Questioner: WTF?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #95
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Again, there needs to be evidence other than a preconceived feeling that someone is a racist with no basis.

    Guy: Man, that mother ****er is racist, that is why he didn't hire me.
    Questioner: How are you sure it is racism?
    Guy: He JUST IS.

    Questioner: WTF?
    What's the matter with you, Caine??? If a guy thinks he's been racially profiled, it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Perception is reality. What don't you get about that???
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #96
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    First, you don't get very far in "discussions" by demanding things from people. The only thing you're likely to get from that is someone unwilling to hear your point of view. Second, accusing cops of racial profiling is not the same thing as "calling people racists". That's a distortion of people's arguments which, again, gets you nowhere in a "discussion". Third, racial profiling is often a difficult thing to prove. You seem to think that if someone can't prove it objectively to you that it doesn't exist. However, many things exist that can't be objectively proven to you so that's a faulty premise.
    So you are essentially saying that it is okay to assume a police officer was racially profiling with absolutely no reason to back it up. And this is being taught as acceptable? Thats ****ing ignorant.


    On the last point, I have an example. Passive aggressiveness is often impossible to prove objectively and yet people are often the objects of passive aggressive behavior. It would be preposterous to argue that people who claim others are being passive aggressive prove it to you or me to make us feel better about their perceptions. However, if we disagree with what they perceive, then it would be more productive to either accept our differences or stop associating with each other. But to tell them to "prove it or shut up" will be unceasingly unproductive and will lead to unnecessary tension that has no positive end.
    Would be better than the current trend.
    "Man, maybe he is racist just because, i mean.. you are black after all...... that makes him racist!"
    The way we've been handling these bull**** accusations only adds fuel to the fire.


    As far as the specific question of whether or not black people (or others) should be forced to provide evidence to you and other regular people when they believe that they have racially profiled, the answer is "no". Unless someone is involved in a legal situation, then they owe neither you nor anyone else an explanation for their perceptions which may, in fact, be accurate even if you don't perceive the same thing.
    So, as I thought.... you have no desire to fix such a crutch in the black community.

    The crutch being, blindly blaming all their problems on racism and living out their lives in that manner.

    DISCLAIMER: I am not stating that all blacks do this. (the fact I have to add this is pathetic).
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What's the matter with you, Caine??? If a guy thinks he's been racially profiled, it doesn't matter if it's true or not. Perception is reality. What don't you get about that???
    I am praying this is sarcasm......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #98
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    We are getting to the point that white cops can't pull over or arrest black people. Anytime a white person in authority interacts with someone of color it seems they are screaming racism or investigating it or something.
    Let us know when it get to that point, or even to the point where police pull over white drivers as often as other races. Just because Tyler Perry acted like a jerk and uses excuse doesn't mean racial profiling at traffic stops is not real.


    Here's a study in Milwaukee, the excuse:

    Milwaukee police officials did not dispute the newspaper's findings, but said traffic stop rates track more closely with suspect and victim demographics than with driving population estimates.

    In an interview at police headquarters, Police Chief Edward Flynn acknowledged the department's targeted crime-fighting approach can result in disparities because high-crime neighborhoods tend to have larger minority populations.

    "I would say it's not an unexpected consequence," Flynn said. "If we are going to heavily engage with those communities that are both victimized and from whence a significant majority of our offenders come, we are going to generate disparities because of where we're physically located."

    And then we have this:


    The review found that the disparities spanned all seven police districts. The two with the greatest racial discrepancies - Districts 1 and 6 - have the lowest crime rates, and both have predominantly white populations.

    http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...134977408.html
    Last edited by nonpareil; 04-06-12 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  9. #99
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No. People should attack Perry.

    Its time black society put that **** to rest unless they can show some evidence besides the famous "I JUST KNOW!!!!!"
    There's plenty of evidence if you care to take your head out of your ass long enough to see it. Statistics show clearly that blacks and Hispanics drivers fare worse than whites. Hell, just look at Florence v. Burlington, a black man getting pulled over so often he carries a letter explaining his situation and still he get jailed while being innocent.

    More black motorists pulled over, according to HPD study

    Black, Hispanic drivers stopped more often in Illinois, study finds

    Minorities getting pulled over, searched, arrested at increasing rate
    Last edited by nonpareil; 04-06-12 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  10. #100
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Tyler Perry Pulled Over, Accuses White Cops of Racial Profiling via Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I am praying this is sarcasm......
    Your prayers were answered. !!!!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •