Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

  1. #31
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Obama Releases $1.5 Billion to Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    I'm guessing it's because we leave it to their defense planners to determine what purchases to make and perhaps they likewise don't spend all of the Military Aid funds that same year.
    Seems to me like a running balance might be better than sending them cash. That way, if they DON'T use all 1.5 billion we don't have it held up over there and we can (possibly) delay a little borrowing because that money is still here where it can be used for the U.S. economy.

    "You have 1.5 billion in credit to be used towards the purchase of the items on the included list. Please allow 2-3 months for delivery."

    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    KUNA : White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures - Politics - 05/04/2012

    I have given the POTUS the benefit of the doubt for the majority of his term in office, but if there is one thing I can not support it is the funding of theocratic groups who support barbarism and oppression straight out of the 7th century which is exactly what the POTUS has done by releasing this $1.5 Billion in U.S. taxpayer dollars to the Qutbist/Salafist ruled Egyptian government.

    I can not support it either.

    Any overtures made to the Brotherhood will in reality be one sided and playing into their hands. If they ever gain control of Egypt the firsts steps they would undertake is to introduce radical measures and denounce any friendship with the West.

    Despite all the sweet talk the Brotherhood fundamentalists are quite happy to deceive Obama in its quest for perfect democracy in Egypt, even if that democracy means the empowerment of political enemies of the West.

    Obama should not upset the current balance where the secular military still retains final power and control.

  3. #33
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    I have always appreciated Obama's line of thinking when it came to his foreign policy approach. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney says a meeting with the Muslim brotherhood as they "will be a major player, and we are engaging because that is the appropriate and right thing to do. And we will judge all of the political actors in Egypt by their actions, by their commitment to democracy and democratic processes and protection of civil rights." That is just sound thinking.

    Now to give the money I have not seen any justification for an entire lump sum, to be handed over.

    Has this information been cross referenced because I have tried but cannot find other reliable sources.

  4. #34
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: Obama Releases $1.5 Billion to Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I hope you got a source for all of this? Or are you making it up like you did the original thread title?
    My 2nd statement comes from the OP, as to my fist statement:

    Brotherhood" Invited To Obama Speech By U.S.
    By Marc Ambinder


    "Brotherhood" Invited To Obama Speech By U.S. - Marc Ambinder - Politics - The Atlantic

    As to the original title of the OP it is purely a statement of fact given landslide victories of the Qutbists and the Salafists in the Egyptian elections.

  5. #35
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    I can not support it either.

    Any overtures made to the Brotherhood will in reality be one sided and playing into their hands. If they ever gain control of Egypt the firsts steps they would undertake is to introduce radical measures and denounce any friendship with the West.
    They've already gained power and they control the Constitutional assembly, it's all over except the crying.

  6. #36
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    They've already gained power and they control the Constitutional assembly, it's all over except the crying.
    Have you cross referenced your information concerning the 1.5 billion dollars?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormageddon View Post
    They've already gained power and they control the Constitutional assembly, it's all over except the crying.

    The military will hand over power in a theoretical sense in June, but behind the scenes will maneouvre, to protect its final authority and financial holdings. The Egyptian military will keep a close watch on the Brotherhood who were their enemies in the past and the Brotherhood knows this.


    Obama should not interfere!


    to put it in other way


  8. #38
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    The military will hand over power in a theoretical sense in June, but behind the scenes will maneouvre, to protect its final authority and financial holdings. The Egyptian military will keep a close watch on the Brotherhood who were their enemies in the past and the Brotherhood knows this.


    Obama should not interfere!


    to put it in other way
    Interfere no. Be close the situation and conduct his due diligence yes. In fact he has a responsibility to do so." Obama administration officials told the New York Times they are optimistic about the nomination because the Muslim Brotherhood candidate could siphon off votes from another hard-line Islamist candidate who is the current frontrunner in the race."

    Every time a topic like this comes up the sky is falling and Obama is a fool. Please let's discuss this in an intelligent level.

  9. #39
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Have you cross referenced your information concerning the 1.5 billion dollars?
    Yep:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/24/wo...-restored.html

    U.S. approves Egypt military aid despite rights fears | Reuters

    Apparently it actually happened a couple of weeks ago and it slipped through the cracks.

  10. #40
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-21-12 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    109

    Re: White House releases USD 1.5 bln aid to Egypt, meets Brotherhood figures

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Interfere no. Be close the situation and conduct his due diligence yes. In fact he has a responsibility to do so." Obama administration officials told the New York Times they are optimistic about the nomination because the Muslim Brotherhood candidate could siphon off votes from another hard-line Islamist candidate who is the current frontrunner in the race."
    The Muslim Brotherhood is a hardline Islamist organization, their motto:

    "God is our objective; the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of God is the highest of our aspirations."


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •