Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,833

    Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    The Gingrich Group, also known as the Center for Health Transformation, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in federal court in Atlanta on Wednesday. The bankruptcy filing marks an abrupt turn for a group that raised millions of dollars just a few years ago to support and promote Gingrich's health care ideas.
    OK, so tell me how someone who allows one of his businesses to go bankrupt has the knowledge to save America's economy. Someone want to tell me again why is he running for President? So, maybe he is not really the best choice for Republicans. What do Gingrich supports have to say about this? Will you guys now pick either Santorum or Romney?

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Not too surprising, given that it was recommending a health insurance mandate when Newt started running all over the country claiming that the mandate was sent from hell.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,061

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    OK, so tell me how someone who allows one of his businesses to go bankrupt has the knowledge to save America's economy. Someone want to tell me again why is he running for President? So, maybe he is not really the best choice for Republicans. What do Gingrich supports have to say about this? Will you guys now pick either Santorum or Romney?

    Article is here.
    Abraham Lincoln declared banktuptcy. What's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Why is Gingrich running for President? For ****s and giggles, obviously.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,061

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why is Gingrich running for President? For ****s and giggles, obviously.
    Musta been the same reason that Thomas Jefferson, U.S. Grant and Harry Truman ran.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #6
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    He's extremely intelligent. Running is a form of branding and will give him a lot of revenue. Tiffany's ain't a cheap place to shop.


    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Why is Gingrich running for President? For ****s and giggles, obviously.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Musta been the same reason that Thomas Jefferson, U.S. Grant and Harry Truman ran.
    Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Harry Truman, and Newt Gingrich.

    One of these things is not like the other.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Harry Truman, and Newt Gingrich.

    One of these things is not like the other.
    Ya one will never be President. BOOM!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    07-17-12 @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    439

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    Given Gingrich's "cheating" on his first 2 wives and the 84 ethics charges that he received while serving as Speaker, "bankrupt" appears to be the operative word - morally "bankrupt" that is!
    Last edited by jgarden47; 04-06-12 at 02:21 AM.

  10. #10
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,402

    Re: Gingrich's think tank files for bankruptcy

    ... I bet you if Obama had declared bankruptcy or even knew somebody who didn't pay their taxes apdst would be all over it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •