Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 540

Thread: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Court?

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Isn't that what Vice President's are for?

    .
    Obama has a vice president

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Essentially, President Obama is saying it should be upheld because it is popular, not because it is legally/Constitutionally correct.

    Wow. Just... wow!

    1) Make a strawman.

    2) Knock him down.


  3. #153
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Grant:
    No, that is not true. They have been quite open that his race played an important role because they thought at the time that it was a good thing. Had it been based on grades alone he would not have qualified.
    AdamT:
    No, they haven't. You cannot back up your claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Stunning response...Absolutely stunning....
    Notice that he has not backed up his claim?

    That's because it's false, and therefore he cannot back it up.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #154
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Post his grades.....
    Don't have his grades, but I do know that he graduated in the top 13% of his class at Harvard Law while working 50-60 hrs./week at the Law Review.

    Where did you go to law school and what was your GPA?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Grant:

    AdamT:

    Notice that he has not backed up his claim?

    That's because it's false, and therefore he cannot back it up.
    I posted the article from the NY Times which outlined the proceures and which has never been denied. Whether you read it or not is of no interest to me. I owe you nothing more.

  6. #156
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I posted the article from the NY Times which outlined the proceures and which has never been denied. Whether you read it or not is of no interest to me. I owe you nothing more.
    I posted the procedure before you posted the link. It's no mystery, and no conspiracy. It's nothing more than a vote among all the members of the law review to select the president of the law review.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Maybe to you. Not to me. I don't recall any President in my lifetime dressing down SCOTUS in a SOTU address. Obama said that it was "unpresedented" for SCOTUS to strike down a Congressionally passed law. As if they only strike down state laws. SCOTUS has struck down over 150 Congressionally passed laws in its history. And thousands of state laws, btw.

    We got a new coin with this one. And he's full of ****.
    The one term flexible Marxist president is a public menace. He should be shunned by all reasonable people.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by patrickbwayne View Post
    1973 Pres Regan calling for overturn of Roe v Wade A president admonishing the Supreme Court about a decision isn't new.
    LOL. What a foolish position. The one term flexible Marxist president Barack Hussein Obama was bullying the court while they were making their decision. The Magnificant Ronald Reagan made his comments well after the fact. I sure do look forward to the US shedding itself of this horrible BHO mistake.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by patrickbwayne View Post
    It only fails from a one side view. On the outside looking at both it really is the same. Watching the Dems and GOP anymore is like watching 3 year olds in the back seat of the car.... "He's touching me!!!!" "No I'm not"
    Childish. Wrong. Nothing else need be said.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Obama’s ‘Unprecedented’ Remarks: Is the President Running Against the Supreme Cou

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by radcen
    Essentially, President Obama is saying it should be upheld because it is popular, not because it is legally/Constitutionally correct.
    1) Make a strawman.
    2) Knock him down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barack ****ing Hussein Obama
    “I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress,”
    The onus is on you to demonstrate that radcen's comment was in fact a strawman argument. Paraphrase =/= straw man.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •