Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 344

Thread: Taking Liberties: Arrested for reading the Bible?

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    I disagree. There is a war on traditional Christian America. We also have a "War on Women" and "Blacks are under attack".

    Haven't you heard? The USA has become a very violent nation since Obama was elected President.
    this thread has NOTHING to do with your arch nemesis, Barack Obama.

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    There's also a lot of apparent hypocrites who only require one side of the issue to verify statements and not all of them.
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself for only demanding soccer boy do something you yourself didn't want to do.

    It'd be nice if both sides verified why they want to claim with certainty that it was public or private property. It just happened that I had seen only one side that had already been called to provide evidence prior to my post.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Taking Liberties: Arrested for reading the Bible?

    So which is it, public or private property?

  4. #234
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    I disagree. There is a war on traditional Christian America. We also have a "War on Women" and "Blacks are under attack".

    Haven't you heard? The USA has become a very violent nation since Obama was elected President.
    No, you perceive a war on traditional Christian America because you have this idea that your particular religion should be treated special above all others. News flash: Other people don't want your religion forced on them. Or any religion. Keep it out of our schools. Keep it out of our laws. You know why? If the crazy rules from your ancient holy book can be made law, so can crazy rules from all the other ancient holy books.

    The idea that Islam is given special treatment is just laughable.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #235
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Thanks. I was confused since your post talked about the "OP Report" not "Soccerboy's report".
    Ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Now, from your own quote, did you notice these words?

    I fully admit perhaps I'm reading that incorrectly, but it seems to be suggesting that the men BELIEVED they were standing on public property. Not that it absolutely WAS public property. The men BELIEVED they weren't doing anything wrong either, but at this point that seems rather up in the air as well. They hardly seem like expert judges.
    It's certainly plausible they may have believed that. I wouldn't think either of them would know with certainty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Why should I ask soccer boy to proven is absolute? You already asked that. I was commenting more on the fact that you were doing no different than he, yet demanding something of him that you yourself hadn't provided. The demand that he produce fact has already been put out there by yourself, there was no reason to repeat that. However, no such request that I saw was made to you.
    This may be the reason why:

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22
    That is not quite true, because the DMV is state property, not public.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22
    From my understanding, they were still in the DMV parking lot though, which still does not put them on public property.
    So essentially I asked soccerboy22 to do the same thing you did to me, which was to provide some evidence of the absolute statement that the DMV parking lot was state property - sans the accusations, which looked like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    Link showing the parking lot is DMV property?
    One would expect if you saw absolute statements incorrectly in my quotes - you'd at least see the same absolute statements in soccerboy22's quotes. Somehow you missed those though. I've noticed your attempts to accuse me of hypocrisy more than a few times... and not just in this thread. The ironic thing is in this instance, it seems to have the opposite reflection.


    So why again didn't you demand soccerboy22 provide evidence the DMV parking lot was state owned again?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, you perceive a war on traditional Christian America because you have this idea that your particular religion should be treated special above all others. News flash: Other people don't want your religion forced on them. Or any religion. Keep it out of our schools. Keep it out of our laws. You know why? If the crazy rules from your ancient holy book can be made law, so can crazy rules from all the other ancient holy books.

    The idea that Islam is given special treatment is just laughable.
    Can I assume you disagree with this section of the US Constitution....."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

  7. #237
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Can I assume you disagree with this section of the US Constitution....."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."
    See what I mean? "Your religion can't become law of the land," to you, translates as "you can't practice your religion."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #238
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself for only demanding soccer boy do something you yourself didn't want to do.
    Usually when one makes a statement of fact, and that fact is in doubt - in this case doubted by me - the burden of proving that fact is by the person making the statement of fact. Since I made no such statement other than as referenced in the links provided.. I had no reason nor requirement to provide anything. Which you already know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It'd be nice if both sides verified why they want to claim with certainty that it was public or private property. It just happened that I had seen only one side that had already been called to provide evidence prior to my post.
    I agree. I've been looking for the Riverside County docket # to see if there are court documents that could actually shed some light on the charges but I haven't been able to find them, nor have I really had an opportunity to dedicate time to finding them and not sure it's really worth it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    See what I mean? "Your religion can't become law of the land," to you, translates as "you can't practice your religion."
    You didn't answer my question. Do you disagree or agree with the US Constitution. What does "free exercise thereof" mean to you?
    Last edited by Neal N. Bloeme; 03-30-12 at 03:45 PM.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man Arrested For Reading The Bible Out Loud

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    You didn't answer my question. Do you disagree or agree with the US Constitution. What does "free exercise thereof" mean to you?

    Free speech HAS limitations. If I want to yell fire in a crowded theater and there is no fire, can my free speech be limited? Yes, it can be.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •