Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 161

Thread: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

  1. #131
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,514

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Or perhaps it culls the herd and creates needed prison space for that endless stream of n'er do wells that we produce in countless thousands by the day.
    If only we didn't produce thousands because of petty crimes like marijuana possession. Ah what a small government conservative you are.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #132
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,032

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Little Belgium has three official languages, Dutch, French and German. The US, with its much larger population, could easily have more than one. I'd like to suggest we start with the two obvious ones, as they are the most widely spoken: English and Spanish. Perhaps someone would like to add to that list.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #133
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    In those situations (which should be very few), the FIRST thing they need to be doing is learning ENGLISH. Apparently a large number of you folks don't have enough to do, if you've got all sorts of time and energy to help these people.
    Not really. It's called "being helpful and polite." That's how I was raised.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    English should not only be the OFFICIAL language of the USA, it should be the ONLY language allowed here in this nation, both in a spoken and a written form.
    Okay, except -- it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    You also need to remember that I am not a proponent of requiring the Miranda Warning to begin with. Especially since I am not in favor of several of those provisions to begin with. Nor am I in favor of applying ANY Constitutional protections to anyone who is not a US Citizen.
    Okay, except -- that's the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I tend to disagree; but then again we have a fundamental diasgreement on how society and individual's lives should be oriented so that's really not worth getting into.
    How can you possibly disagree with the facts? This response genuinely confuses me.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Little Belgium has three official languages, Dutch, French and German. The US, with its much larger population, could easily have more than one. I'd like to suggest we start with the two obvious ones, as they are the most widely spoken: English and Spanish. Perhaps someone would like to add to that list.
    Why would we need more than one language here in the United States? What Belgium does is of no consequence or importance in this discussion.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Not really. It's called "being helpful and polite." That's how I was raised.
    It's a waste of time and energy. Nothing is gained by it, and in most situations (like this one), things are lost.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, except -- it's not.
    Which is something that I believe needs to be remedied, and soon. If we could bring back some of the Indians from the 18th and 19th centuries they'd be laughing their asses off.... we're doing the same things now that they did back then. You know, the things that eventually allowed us to almost totally wipe them off the map. The difference is we're doing these things to ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, except -- that's the law.
    It needs to be changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    How can you possibly disagree with the facts? This response genuinely confuses me.
    Realize that we have totally different views on what the "Justice" System should be. You say "Don't Get Yourself in Trouble" doesn't work, but it's worked very well for me over the last almost 38 years. I've got two parking tickets on my record. That's IT. Never even been detained by a LEO, nevermind arrested.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,032

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Why would we need more than one language here in the United States? What Belgium does is of no consequence or importance in this discussion.
    Because we're a cosmopolitan and sophisticated nation, and because we have so many mutual ties with other nations around the world. Perhaps French would be a good third language for us, or maybe Mandarin.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Because we're a cosmopolitan and sophisticated nation, and because we have so many mutual ties with other nations around the world. Perhaps French would be a good third language for us, or maybe Mandarin.
    Remembering that I'm an ISOLATIONIST, Dittohead? I do not believe those ties with other nations are a good thing. Definitely not on the level that they exist today.

  8. #138
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,108
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Remembering that I'm an ISOLATIONIST, Dittohead? I do not believe those ties with other nations are a good thing. Definitely not on the level that they exist today.
    So NATO and UN are out then?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124
    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    U.S. joins the top execution club. I would rank U.S. 1st because of it's mistaken convictions.
    Totaly unacceptable! We should be 1st in everything we apply ourselves to!

  10. #140
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,032

    Re: Report: US Ranks 5th in Global Executions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Remembering that I'm an ISOLATIONIST, Dittohead? I do not believe those ties with other nations are a good thing. Definitely not on the level that they exist today.
    Oh, I didn't know that.

    I'll add "isolationist" to the long list of issues on which you're on the wrong side.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •