Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 268

Thread: Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot(edited)

  1. #51
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,621

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't understand why some people are trying so desperately to make this justifiable. The bottom line is that this guy called 911 and was instructed to leave the kid alone. He went against that and killed an unarmed man in cold blood. No so-called burglary tools or trace amounts of marijuana justifies killing an unarmed person. The kid was trying to get away from him and according to one eyewitness was yelling for help. It is what it is and Zimmerman should face the consequences of his actions.
    No...he did not and that is precisely why there can be no common ground in this case. He didnt go kill a kid in cold blood...he made stupid decisions and then got his ass in way over his head and panicked. Thats not 'cold blooded murder' and there is absolutely ZERO indication of that. Your kind of mindless rhetoric is the same **** that fans the flames of vigilantism. Negligent...and definitely responsible for the incident. In cold blood? Geeeeezus...put the over the top rhetoric machine in a drawer and give it a rest.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't understand why some people are trying so desperately to make this justifiable. The bottom line is that this guy called 911 and was instructed to leave the kid alone. He went against that and killed an unarmed man in cold blood. No so-called burglary tools or trace amounts of marijuana justifies killing an unarmed person. The kid was trying to get away from him and according to one eyewitness was yelling for help. It is what it is and Zimmerman should face the consequences of his actions.
    I think this is a critical point. His following Trayvon more than watching. He sought out trouble, and largely may have provoked it. For me, when he ignored what dispatch told him, he took responsibility for what happened.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Looks like Trayvon and Rodney King were both cut from the same cloth. Top notch individuals, those two. American's finest, no doubt.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Zimmerman if he ever goes to trila will NEVER get a fair one. Even the prezzzz shaded the incident saying if he had criminal he would look like the dead criminal. All media is against the victim(Zimmerman). Get off it you people and go back to your drug infested home full of illegal weapons.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  5. #55
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...he did not and that is precisely why there can be no common ground in this case. He didnt go kill a kid in cold blood...he made stupid decisions and then got his ass in way over his head and panicked. Thats not 'cold blooded murder' and there is absolutely ZERO indication of that. Your kind of mindless rhetoric is the same **** that fans the flames of vigilantism. Negligent...and definitely responsible for the incident. In cold blood? Geeeeezus...put the over the top rhetoric machine in a drawer and give it a rest.
    Give me a break and get over yourself. None of your bull**** changes the fact that this kid would still be alive if Zimmerman had listened to the 911 operator and left the kid alone. Zimmerman should face the consequences of his actions.

  6. #56
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    Zimmerman if he ever goes to trila will NEVER get a fair one. Even the prezzzz shaded the incident saying if he had criminal he would look like the dead criminal. All media is against the victim(Zimmerman). Get off it you people and go back to your drug infested home full of illegal weapons.
    Zimmerman is the vicitm? Funny, because he's still alive while the unarmed kid is dead. He sure doesn't sound like a victim to me.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Give me a break and get over yourself. None of your bull**** changes the fact that this kid would still be alive if Zimmerman had listened to the 911 operator and left the kid alone. Zimmerman should face the consequences of his actions.
    According to Zimmerman, he never found Martin when he went looking for him, which is on his 911 call, but that Martin accosted him as he was walking back to his car. The latter is backed up by witness' statements.

  8. #58
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    According to Zimmerman, he never found Martin when he went looking for him, which is on his 911 call, but that Martin accosted him as he was walking back to his car. The latter is backed up by witness' statements.
    And yet he was still instructed to leave the kid alone.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,875

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And yet he was still instructed to leave the kid alone.
    He looked for him, didn't find him, and walked back to his car. Sounds to me like he did leave him alone.

    This entire episode is starting to sound like a conspiracy theory. If you keep repeating the same thing over and over....

  10. #60
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,900
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    According to Zimmerman, he never found Martin when he went looking for him, which is on his 911 call, but that Martin accosted him as he was walking back to his car. The latter is backed up by witness' statements.
    Cite for that claim witnesses saw Martin accost Zimmerman on Zs way back to Zs truck, please.

    This is new info to me.
    I may be wrong.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •