Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 268

Thread: Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot(edited)

  1. #241
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The same way. Most people are too stupid to realize Kony is just a player in a really big chess game. They'll stop caring when they have to do more than watch YouTube videos.
    Great grand scheme of things, all we can do is what we can do. We cant fix the world. We CAN take a stand for the police to at least do a moderately decent job in actually investigating incidents. And its something EVERYONE can get behind. We dont need to lynch anyone. We dont need to sanctify anyone. Somewhere along the way its enough if there is a little bit of 'justice'...law and order.

  2. #242
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    and Zimmerman beating a cop, beating an ex-girlfriend, and having a restraining order placed upon him, lends to HIS credibility.
    Where did you get Zimmerman beating a cop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    along with calling Martin an "asshole" and a "****ing punk" on the 911 call.
    I've called you worse than that... so irrelevant.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #243
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Where did you get Zimmerman beating a cop?
    George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
    2005-DR-012980-O

    -------------

    From what I can see - he lawyered up(his father is a judge).
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-27-12 at 03:23 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #244
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Burgulary tools? Come on... that's a stretch and you know it (or you don't).
    That's what the article said....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Even so, on the night of the incident, none of that was present...
    No one claimed it was... I've explained this gives credibility to Zimmermans statement.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Smoking pot has nothing to do with violent behavior.
    No has claimed as such. Thats 2 for 2 on the strawmen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    The only possible related thing is the ALLEGED attempt to attack a bus driver. Zimmerman on the other hand has two accounts of him being violent on record.
    So you claim Martin's past has nothing to do with that night, yet you contradict yourself and say Zimmermans past does. Congratulations - Irony is your strong suit. At least be consistent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wow, it's interesting that you're willing to take Zimmerman, a proven violent person, over a B student that got suspending for doing nothing violent. Amazing.
    I'm not taking anyone over anyone... I'm stating that Zimmermans' statements give credibility given Martin's past. One may also say that Zimmerman's violent past also gives credibility to his shooting Martin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No, I don't. Sneaking beer and viciously attacking a man from behind is not related.
    Given beer has nothing to do with anything and you made up that hypothetical...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    It's just character assassination.
    No it's fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    When you get some information about Martin attacking people out of the blue, then you'd have a point.
    That's already been mentioned... you mentioned it as well.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #245
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He was told to back off. he didn't. He followed and confronted, not according to NW rules. His actions have to speak to his part of the responsibility.
    What's provable in court is what will ultimately matter.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #246
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
    2005-DR-012980-O

    -------------

    From what I can see - he lawyered up(his father is a judge).
    Cool... any more?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #247
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,738
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
    2005-DR-012980-O

    -------------

    From what I can see - he lawyered up(his father is a judge).
    According to Florida law one cannot purchase a firearm if arrested for "resisting officer with violence" or "domestic violence" unless you can prove that the charges were dropped or you were acquitted, also to have a CCW in Florida if you are a convicted felon you need an executive clemency. Your speciously presented link does nothing to explain why Mr Zimmerman had both a handgun and a legal CCW permit in the state of Florida, it is only intended to provide more anti-gun and "Stand Your Ground Law" bashing instead of providing any sort of factual or pertinent information! As for being on topic exactly what does Zimmerman's arrests have to do with the topic of Martin's school suspension?
    Last edited by Disputatious71; 03-27-12 at 04:00 PM.
    The question is more important than the answer!

  8. #248
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
    BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
    2005-MM-010436-A-O
    ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
    10/05/1983

    CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
    2005-DR-012980-O

    -------------

    From what I can see - he lawyered up(his father is a judge).
    No final conviction, no guilt.
    The allegation was an officer was arresting a friend of Zimmerman and he shoved the officer off his friend. It was never alleged he beat up a cop. The final disposition was a dismissal. Sounds overall like Zimmerman is a guy a person would like on his side.

    The other thing on his record is a woman filed for a protective order. It was not a criminal case. Courts tend to hand those out like candy. However, he was NOT put under a protective order and the file ordered sealed. While that indicates the court sided with him, regardless it came to nothing.

    Dismissed on the criminal charge and the other dropped ang a non-criminal matter - both adding up to nothing.

  9. #249
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disputatious71 View Post
    According to Florida law one cannot purchase a firearm if arrested for "resisting officer with violence" or "domestic violence" unless you can prove that the charges were dropped or you were acquitted, also to have a CCW in Florida if you are a convicted felon you need an executive clemency. Your speciously presented link does nothing to explain why Mr Zimmerman had both a handgun and a legal CCW permit in the state of Florida, it is only intended to provide more anti-gun and "Stand Your Ground Law" bashing instead of providing any sort of factual or pertinent information!
    Because he was not convicted of either. Hatuey has posted what he posted many times, and leaves off what actually matters. That is was dismissed.

    The "battery against and officer" case... The officer alleged Z pushed the cop away from a friend of his the officer was arresting in a bar. Z claimed he did so because the officer was not just arresting, but hurting his friend. The police agreed to drop it and in turn that also resolved the potential police brutality investigation. The officer did NOT claim Z hit or kicked the officer, resisted or made any threats. BUT what matters is that it was dismissed.
    Hatuey leaves that off figuring you'd believe Z was convicted of it. He wasn't.

    PS - good deductive reasoning on part as you spotted what he was posting made no sense because Z couldn't had a gun or a permit - meaning you are someone who looks at the law on these matters.
    Last edited by joko104; 03-27-12 at 04:02 PM.

  10. #250
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    No final conviction, no guilt.
    The allegation was an officer was arresting a friend of Zimmerman and he shoved the officer off his friend. It was never alleged he beat up a cop. The final disposition was a dismissal. Sounds overall like Zimmerman is a guy a person would like on his side.

    The other thing on his record is a woman filed for a protective order. It was not a criminal case. Courts tend to hand those out like candy. However, he was NOT put under a protective order and the file ordered sealed. While that indicates the court sided with him, regardless it came to nothing.

    Dismissed on the criminal charge and the other dropped ang a non-criminal matter - both adding up to nothing.
    that won't stop hatuey from continuing his lies and omissions. he already knew all this in fact, but still presented the evidence anyway

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •