Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 268

Thread: Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot(edited)

  1. #221
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Unless of course we ignore the fact that he has a history of violence and decided that the right course of action when losing a fist fight was to kill his opponent with a gun. Doesn't sound like Rambo at all
    Rarely am I liking so many posts with opposing views to mine. This is a real toughie.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #222
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Not that it's relevent, but I can't help but wonder what a 17 y/o kid was doing going to the store for skittles and ice tea at 2:30 in the morning. Shouldn't have been at home or in bed? I know if my nearly 17 y/o son asked me if he could walk to the store in the middle of the night, I'd kick his ass and tell him to get to bed. Especially if he was with me because he had been kicked out of school. I'd have his ass on lockdown and he wouldn't be going anywhere. Or am I wrong and this happened in the afternoon?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #223
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    actually, zimmerman was a wannabe cop, who could not make the cut
    that reality should not serve to undermine the legitimacy of your point
    I'm not sure what you mean. "Wannabe cop" is perjorative. There are plenty of wannabe cops who can't make the cut.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #224
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63
    I know if my nearly 17 y/o son asked me if he could walk to the store in the middle of the night, I'd kick his ass
    Uhhhh, wtf?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #225
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Rarely am I liking so many posts with opposing views to mine. This is a real toughie.
    My problem with this whole issue is that there was zero real investigation by the police. They sided with an overzealous cop wannabe who not only had a history of getting into fights but also engaged in racial profiling. Now, I could honestly care less about the racial profiling. It's known that police officers do it with what could be described as a national regularity. It's something that won't go away. However the fact that at NO point do they seem to give thorough interrogation to Zimmerman and just side with his story is ridiculous.

    They ignore the fact that Trayvon Martin posed NO THREAT to anyone given what we know he was doing before Zimmerman chased after him. They also ignored the fact that Zimmerman had stalked Martin and instigated the situation. They also ignored that Zimmerman was told that he didn't need to chase after Martin. They also ignored that Zimmerman had NO LEGAL GROUNDS to go after Martin. They made little effort to contact Martin's family before the family posted a MPR. They ignored so much obvious **** that one has to question whether they simply thought they could brush this under the rug as another dead nigger who was up to no good.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-27-12 at 02:49 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #226
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Not that it's relevent, but I can't help but wonder what a 17 y/o kid was doing going to the store for skittles and ice tea at 2:30 in the morning. Shouldn't have been at home or in bed? I know if my nearly 17 y/o son asked me if he could walk to the store in the middle of the night, I'd kick his ass and tell him to get to bed. Especially if he was with me because he had been kicked out of school. I'd have his ass on lockdown and he wouldn't be going anywhere. Or am I wrong and this happened in the afternoon?
    So now this happened at 2:30 in the morning did it? That must be why he was declared dead at 7:30PM. Rofl. FAIL.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #227
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Not that it's relevent, but I can't help but wonder what a 17 y/o kid was doing going to the store for skittles and ice tea at 2:30 in the morning. Shouldn't have been at home or in bed? I know if my nearly 17 y/o son asked me if he could walk to the store in the middle of the night, I'd kick his ass and tell him to get to bed. Especially if he was with me because he had been kicked out of school. I'd have his ass on lockdown and he wouldn't be going anywhere. Or am I wrong and this happened in the afternoon?
    Maybe he was stoned and needed some sugar and something for the cotton mouth.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #228
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Not that it's relevent, but I can't help but wonder what a 17 y/o kid was doing going to the store for skittles and ice tea at 2:30 in the morning.
    It was 7 in the evening. fyi
    Double check your sources.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Rarely am I liking so many posts with opposing views to mine. This is a real toughie.
    Don't get bent out of shape about it. This issue has got me thanking VanceMack and j-mac's posts. It's kind of a weird time at Debate Politics for sure.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-27-12 at 02:55 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Not that it's relevent, but I can't help but wonder what a 17 y/o kid was doing going to the store for skittles and ice tea at 2:30 in the morning....
    must have been scoppin' for white women, or unlocked cars to jack, eh Oscar?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •