Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 268

Thread: Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot(edited)

  1. #141
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Are you sure, Martin did nothing wrong that night given at the time of the shooting, Martin was on top of Zimmerman, straddling him, delivering blows. This was supported by Zim having grass stains on his back, and blood on the back of his head?
    I still haven't seen that witness testimony. Would you be able to link it please? Was it corroborated with any other witness testimony?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Once again for the 100x time - Order, told, suggest, instruct, etc, etc

    Some dude or gal behind a phone...aka dispatcher. Their words have no basis in law
    After listening to the 911 call and some statements that his Zimm's friend made, I suspect that it will come out that Zimm did stop following Martin after the 911 dispatcher suggested that he should.

    I suspect that the idea that Zimm kept chasing after will come out to be another part of the story that the media had wrong.

  3. #143
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Martin has no violence in his past, unlike Zimmerman.
    Oh? What violent facts about Zimmerman are there - please link to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Unless of course you have some evidence that Martin attacked people at random, then it's applicable.
    See the OP links

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No it does not. Martin's character has no history of violence. The reverse is true for Zimmerman.
    I'm sorry you're ignorant of the law. There's nothing I can do other than point it out over and over to you. Please educate yourself on Character Witnesses in the U.S. legal system.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #144
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Schools don't conduct criminal trials nor have to met the standards of one to make decisions, nor do I. Caught vandalizing a locker (spray paint) and then searching his locker producing a screwdriver and girl's jewelry unwilling to say where he got it and who gave it to him can - as a "probably" lead ME to believe him a burglar/thief. If you point is that doesn't met a criminal trial standard? No, it doesn't.
    Civil cases are ALL decided without reaching the standards of a criminal trial to. Obviously none of us are talking about putting Martin on trial at any trial. Rather, we are - based on facts - drawing conclusions on "issues," and one issue is was the days and days of presenting Martin as the perfect behavior teen. That opens the quesiton of was he?
    It would seem obviously not. I suppose you can claim the school also entered into a conspiracy against him while a live, like claimed police did of his death. I agree with the school but also draw my own "likelihood" conclusions of my own.
    I don't claim, nor have I ever claimed that Trayvon Martin was perfect. I draw my conclusions based on these ideas

    a) Neighborhood Watch does not mean you are the law, or that you have the authority to do an armed patrol confronting people you think are suspicious. It does not make you a police officer.

    b) When you create the situation yourself, it's not self-defense. When Zimmerman got out of his car and pursued Martin, he created the dangerous situation.

    These ideas, along with the facts in the case, means that claiming self-defense and justifiable homicide is shaky at best. It's unlikely that Zimmerman knew who he was following, and what kind of record this person had. So what you've got is a guy who goes out armed and confronts someone that he thinks is a criminal based on the fact that he was wearing a hoodie.

    Is that the society we want to live in? Do you want to live in a society where someone can walk up to you with a gun because you "look suspicious?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #145
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You cannot assume events went differently and utopia follows. Maybe if Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin would have attacked someone else, burglarized a house, sold drugs to an 8 year old... There is no knowing the unknown.

    IF Martin was actually just going home had done so, this also wouldn't have happened. If he hadn't started pounding Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk, this wouldn't have happened. If... if... if... That does NOT make shared responsibility.
    That argument is completely and utterly ridiculous. You are attempting to make up fantasies based on little to no evidence whatsoever, just saying that something COULD happen. A lot of things COULD happen, but that doesn't mean that they have or will happen.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #146
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    This entire story is completely irrelevant to the events that unfolded. This is a right wing smear campaign aimed at a victim of a murder.
    You mean challenge the asserted fact by MSNBC that Martin was the ideal behavior teenager? But NOW MSNBC is a collection of rightwingers trying to smear Martin?

  7. #147
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    That argument is completely and utterly ridiculous. You are attempting to make up fantasies based on little to no evidence whatsoever, just saying that something COULD happen. A lot of things COULD happen, but that doesn't mean that they have or will happen.
    Its not absurd at all. I was responding to someone claiming if Zimmerman had done nothing, it a truism that nothing would have happened. The unknown is known. He can fatasize of utopia alternatives so then I can fantasize of dystopian alternatives.

  8. #148
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    I still haven't seen that witness testimony. Would you be able to link it please? Was it corroborated with any other witness testimony?
    Frankly, The Sanford PD has a PIO aka Public Information Officer. I have no idea why she doesn't come out speak about, the important elements found

  9. #149
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Stereotypes aren't genetic, they are learned. We are taught to be afraid or suspicious. Political correctness is a process of unlearning those lies, not for those that are already indocrinated, but those that are listening to every word we say. It's our words and behaviors that shape them and shape the future.
    Agreed. But what are they learned from? I disagree with you that political correctness is a process of unlearning those lies. These stereotypical responses are not lies. They are founded in hard, cold fact. Those who are "indoctrinated," as you say, are bigots. There's a difference between being vigilant against stereotypes and bigotry. Big.

    If I see three black young men advancing rapidly toward me at night...looking left and right and back as they approach...one with a teardrop tat on his face, one with his hand in his pocket and something sticking out from there...I'm going to be scared ****less. Mine would be a stereotypical response. And it just might keep me alive.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #150
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin - burglary tools and illegal drugs possession...

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I don't claim, nor have I ever claimed that Trayvon Martin was perfect. I draw my conclusions based on these ideas

    a) Neighborhood Watch does not mean you are the law, or that you have the authority to do an armed patrol confronting people you think are suspicious. It does not make you a police officer.

    b) When you create the situation yourself, it's not self-defense. When Zimmerman got out of his car and pursued Martin, he created the dangerous situation.

    These ideas, along with the facts in the case, means that claiming self-defense and justifiable homicide is shaky at best. It's unlikely that Zimmerman knew who he was following, and what kind of record this person had. So what you've got is a guy who goes out armed and confronts someone that he thinks is a criminal based on the fact that he was wearing a hoodie.

    Is that the society we want to live in? Do you want to live in a society where someone can walk up to you with a gun because you "look suspicious?"
    The girlfriend's recount of her call with Martin is that it was Martin who confronted Zimmerman. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

    Zimmerman said Martin looked suspicious because he was acting oddly in his view and acting like he was on drugs. The claim that Zimmerman believed Martin suspicious for wearing a hoodie is just something media personalities made up.

    I would like a society where people looked out for each other and each other's property. Zimmerman kept his gun concealed (also known by the girlfriend's statement about what Martin said on the phone). I have NO problem with adults (qualified, skilled) carrying firearms. None. I have no problem with ANYONE calling police on someone they see as acting suspicious and if that person runs after learning the police are being called watching where that person went with police on the way is correct and desired conduct in my opinion.






    Personally, I think all neighborhood crime watch should be armed and trained accordingly.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •