Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: New Orleans police officer suspended for Internet post about Trayvon Martin(edited)

  1. #41
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

    Who the ****'s on first??

    Hell, I dunno! Don't bogart your wine...."Just pass it on over, my friend".

  2. #42
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Guys... I just ate a plate of lasagna while wearing a wife beater. Are y'all gone assume I'm Italian?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #43
    Advisor Proteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    414

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Such as? Show us what he was wearing that was so "thuggish".
    I didn't see the guy.

    But the point is that if anyone projects a particular image, they shouldn't be surprised when that image is exactly what is perceived. I'm pretty sure I plagiarized the costume comment from Kat Williams who said in one of his stand-up routines talking about women dressed like ho's: You might not be a ho, but you're wearing a ho's uniform. As far as hoodies go, that fact that you and Justin Beiber like to wear them doesn't change the fact that they've been adopted as part of the gangsta look.
    Last edited by Proteus; 03-26-12 at 10:54 PM.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Guys... I just ate a plate of lasagna while wearing a wife beater. Are y'all gone assume I'm Italian?
    No. I'm going to assume you have red stuff all over the front of it and your wife is gonna beat YOU cuz 'sghetti sauce is hard to get out!!

  5. #45
    Sage
    Enola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    07-30-16 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,326
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I didn't see the guy.

    But the point is that if anyone projects a particular image, they shouldn't be surprised when that image is exactly what it perceived. I'm pretty sure I plagiarized the costume comment from Kat Williams who said in one of his stand-up routines talking about women dressed like ho's: You might not be a ho, but you're wearing a ho's uniform. As far as hoodies go, that fact that you and Justin Beiber like to wear them doesn't change the fact that they've been adopted as part of the gangsta look.
    Only to tunnel visioned people.

  6. #46
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I didn't see the guy.

    But the point is that if anyone projects a particular image, they shouldn't be surprised when that image is exactly what it perceived. I'm pretty sure I plagiarized the costume comment from Kat Williams who said in one of his stand-up routines talking about women dressed like ho's: You might not be a ho, but you're wearing a ho's uniform. As far as hoodies go, that fact that you and Justin Beiber like to wear them doesn't change the fact that they've been adopted as part of the gangsta look.
    That was Dave Chappelle.

    As for the "gangsta look." Just because a group of thugs like to wear hoodies does not mean it is makes sense to perceive everyone who wears a hoodie as a thug.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #47
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I didn't see the guy.
    Of course you didn't. Maybe that's why you've been ridiculed so thoroughly even by the people who have defended Zimmerman's actions.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,983

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Any attire commonly associated with thuggery.
    Thug is also subjective. To some this is "thug"


    To others this is "thug"


    And to some this is "thug"
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #49
    Advisor Proteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    414

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    Only to tunnel visioned people.
    Right, because the image a person projects should never be taken seriously.

  10. #50
    Advisor Proteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    414

    Re: Act like a thug die like one!

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    That was Dave Chappelle.

    As for the "gangsta look." Just because a group of thugs like to wear hoodies does not mean it is makes sense to perceive everyone who wears a hoodie as a thug.
    Wow, it's pretty easy to win an argument when you get to put words in the other person's mouth.

    Where I come from they call that a strawman fail.

    Better luck next time.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •