Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 186

Thread: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

  1. #71
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I can certainly do that. The government can't, and I can't HIRE based on religion (unless my business is based on religion).
    Not if its proved you cant.

    Hire and service are the same discrimination in public services protects us all
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #72
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's a good question. I think you are correct, ethically, but I'm not certain. I'd imagine if Plan B is in stock and they DON'T fill it, they could be fired.
    this was my EXACT example earlier and you disagreed LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    there are public rules and you will pay the price, you can not discriminate against the protected things.
    I agree you can refuse service to anybody but you better have an excuse that doesnt fall under discrimination if it can be proved thats illegal.
    Quote the law I violate if I refuse to serve you because you are Catholic.

    Thats my point, I could not hire women if i choose but ill have to say they werent hired because the werent qualified, if I say i didnt hire them simply because they were black or women im screwed lol
    This is accurate, as I said. But this is hiring practices that are protected by federal law. I do not believe that I MUST serve anyone.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this was my EXACT example earlier and you disagreed LOL
    I've been saying that from the beginning, so no, I did not disagree.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Not if its proved you cant.

    Hire and service are the same discrimination in public services protects us all
    Ummm... no. But if I'm wrong, quote the law that discusses service.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Quote the law I violate if I refuse to serve you because you are Catholic.



    This is accurate, as I said. But this is hiring practices that are protected by federal law. I do not believe that I MUST serve anyone.
    i dont know what the law is that says you cant not hire aperson based on religion? doesnt mean it doesnt excist.
    Im not saying you have to serve everyone, I wouldnt want you to have to but I believe discrimination in public services is always protected.

    Im not buying that I can open a public business and the if I women walks in tell her to get the hell out, get your fats ass in the kitchen I dont serve any baby factories in here and thats legal. LOL

    yes I added some dramatics for joke purposes
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I've been saying that from the beginning, so no, I did not disagree.
    you did though thats how this whole discussion started with digs and your opening line was "sorry objective I disaagree with you on this one" it really hurt my feelings
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #78
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhm what I posted isnt an opinion,
    Umm...what I posted wasn't referencing your argument, but rather my opinion that discrimination should be allowed. Hello McFly!

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    discrimination is currently illegal, you think it should, lots of libertarians have that opinion, you are welcome to it but luckily the country isnt run that way and the government protects are rights. You call it lazy, im thankful because america would be a lot different and worse.
    There were reasons behind making it illegal, however, overall the reason for a lot of these types of laws does come down to laziness. If people were better consumers, we wouldn't need the government getting into our business all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    also again if the pharmacies reason for not selling me a stocked item is based on religion, race, gender etc and not something scientific and medical its discrimination
    It's their business. They ain't denying business to classes of people; just access to a drug they perhaps don't want to sell. 80% of pharmacies don't have this problem, so I don't see why there is a problem here in the first place.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yep people are discriminated against those things you mentioned arent protected by laws rights and freedoms LMAO
    Neither is your access to another's property

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Pharmicies are NOT private bushiness by discrimination laws sorry.
    They are, however, private by all reasonable and rational definition of "private".

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    SPare me you opinion im talking reality.
    Spare my your false indignation. This is a political board where people present their opinions on matters. And this matter is not one of discrimination. Can't force a place to sell something if they don't wanna sell it. Go to one of the 80% of pharmacies that have no problem.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    nope because there is no such thing, i dont invent words, I prefer to use words how they are defined in a dictionary otherwise its fantasy or slang.
    Well murder is defined asL

    1mur·der
    noun \ˈmər-dər\
    Definition of MURDER
    1
    : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought.

    Murder - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary


    1. Crime
    2. Unlawful
    3. Killing of a person
    4. malice aforethought

    My point here is... since abortion is legalized in the U.S., abortion is not a crime, nor is it unlawful. It's still the killing of a person, though there are some who argue the "person" portion. Then there's malice aforethought, which identified deliberate intent to carry out #3 above. Therefore I would have thought you'd agree that it's still killing a person, since #1 and #2 are invalid, #3 is accurate and #4 is definitely accurate. Can't fess up to killing a person - it therefore must be a non-person in your view? And since it's not a person, you justify it to not be legalized ... err... murder. A very nice way to justify a sucking out an infant from the womb to die. That's also a current fact on how an abortion is carried out.

    Keeps that pesky guilt away in your method... very nice.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •