Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 186

Thread: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As long as the pharmacist directs the customer to someone who WILL fill the prescription, I have no issue with an individual pharmacist acting on his morals.

    Correct me if I am wrong, but if the pharmacist stocks Plan B, and the customer has a VALID perscription, they have to fill it regardless of morals.

    Now, they can choose whether or not to stock Plan B, but I don't think they have the right to refuse to fill a VALID perscription. And by Valid, I mean it is confirmed with the doctor that the perscription is valid.

  2. #52
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your "opinion" on this is valueless. This is not a "public" pharmacy. A "public" pharmacy would be government run. This is owned by a private individual or company. They can choose to sell to whoever they like. They can choose to not have the medication being discussed in stock. Your argument is invalid because you are using the term "public" incorrectly.



    Again, you are using the term "public" incorrectly. If the pharmacy does not want to sell that particular medication, they do not have to.



    digs is right. I don't know why he didn't respond, but I did.
    since when does public have to be government run? thats false

    foodland isnt government run they can discriminate based on religion. Sorry thats false
    I also said if they choose not to stok it thats fine
    he is wrong and my example already proved that
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #53
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's not discrimination. No one HAS to sell the drug if they do not want to.



    We don't agree. There is no "public" pharmacy in your example. If the business decides that they will not sell BC, you're out of luck. Go elsewhere. If the pharmacist does this against company policy, complain to management. They will either insist that he sell the drug, or fire him.
    it is discrimination if the choice is based on religion because you are discriminating against me based on your religion and saying the hell with mine.

    could they not give me service simply because i was black, women, jewish because there is other pharmacies? the answer is no
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #54
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    it is discrimination if the choice is based on religion because you are discriminating against me based on your religion and saying the hell with mine.

    could they not give me service simply because i was black, women, jewish because there is other pharmacies? the answer is no
    They should be allowed to. Regardless, if a pharmacy doesn't want to sell the morning after pill, they don't have to. Their business. Don't like it? Go next door to that pharmacy. 80% of pharmacies have no issue selling this drug.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #55
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if the pharmacist stocks Plan B, and the customer has a VALID perscription, they have to fill it regardless of morals.

    Now, they can choose whether or not to stock Plan B, but I don't think they have the right to refuse to fill a VALID perscription. And by Valid, I mean it is confirmed with the doctor that the perscription is valid.

    this is correct otherwise it is in fact discrimination and infringing on my rights. Anything else is dishonesty, their personal morals play no role.

    If its in stock and I have a valid script and im refused that is discrimination if its based on anything other than their medical/scientific opinion. Morals are meaningless.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #56
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this is correct otherwise it is in fact discrimination and infringing on my rights.
    What rights would those be?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They should be allowed to. Regardless, if a pharmacy doesn't want to sell the morning after pill, they don't have to. Their business. Don't like it? Go next door to that pharmacy. 80% of pharmacies have no issue selling this drug.
    should be is your opinion. some people think a public business SHOULD be able not not service or hire blacks or women etc simply based on the fact they are women or they are black but thats not how the law, this country and our rights and freedoms work thank god.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What rights would those be?
    not to be discriminated against lol

    if you discriminate against me in a public place of business based on YOUR religion you are denying me MY religion.

    its simple really.

    the real answer is if you dont like public rules and the rights your fellow American have dont get involved in public bushiness that the FIRST domino, we cant pick one in the midldle
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    should be is your opinion. some people think a public business SHOULD be able not not service or hire blacks or women etc simply based on the fact they are women or they are black but thats not how the law, this country and our rights and freedoms work thank god.
    Yes, and that opinion does not detract from anything else I have said. Any private business should be able to discriminate as they like. If we as consumers do not like it, we do not purchase from that company. That's how it properly works if people weren't such lazy jerks that they "offshore" everything to the government.

    But that's not really the issue here. No pharmacy has to sell you anything.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    not to be discriminated against lol

    if you discriminate against me in a public place of business based on YOUR religion you are denying me MY religion.

    its simple really.

    the real answer is if you dont like public rules and the rights your fellow American have dont get involved in public bushiness that the FIRST dominion, we cant pick one in the midldle
    People are discriminated against all the time, even by government. Can't drive before 16, can't vote before 18, can't drink before 21, etc.

    Those pharmacies are PRIVATE business, BTW. You don't own it, you don't pay the taxes, you don't pay the employees, you don't pay for the stock. It's not yours. You are not entitled to other people's property.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •