Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 186

Thread: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, not at all. The morality of the Constitution continues to decide cases, now.
    Nope. Like I said it almost never has.

    The Constitution was designed to be interpreted. Alexander Hamilton said it best: "Constitutions should consist only of general provisions; the reason is that they must necessarily be permanent, and that they cannot calculate for the possible change of things.
    Yes, with the meanings and intent of the clauses in mind. That is not how it is practiced to day or in almost all of our history.

    The Supreme Court, both in theory and practice makes sure that the Constitution is followed, however, with changing times, the Constitution is used to interpret things that did not necessarily exist when it was created. The essence of those issues is there, though.
    No they don't. They wiggle around it to find how they can change the meaning of clauses for what they want at the time. It is no surprise that cases like Texas v. White decided the introduction that has no power all of sudden implies and was meant so that leaving the union was illegal. It is no surprise that the commerce clause went from meaning fed has the powr to end disputes between the listed members(and no one else) to mean complete control over the commerce regardless of group. It is no surprise the welfare clause that was intended so that laws cover the country as a whole and not just one area of the country all of sudden mean "safety net programs" and welfare of the people. None of this is a surprise. It is the will of man seeing what they want to see so they can reach the goals they desire. The morality of the lines that are on the paper is long gone and in fact had a very short life span. In fact, the founders themselves breached the intent of what they created with one of their very first actions after the country was founded. The supreme court has always been what is today, a badly implemented and planned idea.
    Last edited by Henrin; 03-27-12 at 07:11 PM.

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Those pharmacies are not public. They are inside private businesses. Whatever the policy that those businesses have is the policy that I would expect their employees to adhere to. I would imagine if they did not, there would be consequences.



    It wasn't clear. If it IS in stock, and it IS policy for them to be sold, the pharmacist probably needs to look for a place where it is NOT sold. However, even in pharmacies that are included in a larger store, I would imagine that the pharmacist is in charge of ordering stock. He could then choose to not stock this particular item. As long as that was not against company policy AND as long as he offered the customer another place to purchase the item, I have no problem with that.

    there you go now you see what im talking about and what my example was based on.
    I am OK with them not stalking them also but if I could vote tomorrow to make them stock them I would do it 100%. WHy you ask because its still discriminaition IMO where do we draw the line, we only accept it now because BC drugs or abortions drugs arent going to harm the person in a life or death way if they arent dispensed but what if it was a drug that was criticle in life or death?

    Say I was in a small town, one public pharmacy and the drug that I needed to keep me alive was against the pharmists religion for some reason, he chose not to stock it and now my life is put in danger because of this? that is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

    Now we can say hey what if they were out or closed my life would have been in danger too and yes I agree but those arent decisions made by anothers religion/morals that would be indirectly forced on me.

    When the decisions are based solely on religion and effect me in the public realm I will always deam them as WRONG and discrimination. I have y own religious beliefs and I am simply not arrogant, selfish or silly enough to think if I own or operate a public store I get to play by my own rules, If I cant handle public rules that WE ALL have to play by I simply dont play.

    But i am glad that you do agree with my example

    public pharmacy, in stock and I have a prescription, I get my meds and the morals of the pharmacist are of no conern
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hold on there...No where in Article 3 does it say anything about interpreting the Constitution for the changing times. If you want the Constitution to change, then that is what the amendment process is for. Period.

    j-mac
    Exactly. That is just an argument for people that wish to change it to their desires.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this would NOT be the same at all. You are talking a private practice.
    Im talking a public pharmacy if we allow people who want to freely discriminate based on their own personal beliefs where does it stop, why would digs "morals/opinions/religions" be more important than mine if I run a public pharmacy and want to discriminate against him for his religion? that is NEVER ok in US ever and Id love an argument to why it would be acceptable in a public pharmacy. It is simply not and in my opinion its ignorant, disrespectful, disgraceful and hypocritical as an american.
    Your "opinion" on this is valueless. This is not a "public" pharmacy. A "public" pharmacy would be government run. This is owned by a private individual or company. They can choose to sell to whoever they like. They can choose to not have the medication being discussed in stock. Your argument is invalid because you are using the term "public" incorrectly.

    A private therapist is NOT a public pharmacy they are not the same. So you are telling me if im a pharmacist at the local food center and my religion says being black is sinful Im allowed to refuse service on that alone? no way, never im not buying it.That would be legalizing discrimination. If you disagree Id say you are making an exception for ones religion and not the others.
    Again, you are using the term "public" incorrectly. If the pharmacy does not want to sell that particular medication, they do not have to.

    Ill wait to see what you have to say, it should be interesting. DIgs choose not to answer my example question because he probably couldnt do it objectively
    digs is right. I don't know why he didn't respond, but I did.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hold on there...No where in Article 3 does it say anything about interpreting the Constitution for the changing times. If you want the Constitution to change, then that is what the amendment process is for. Period.

    j-mac
    No, not period. Pretty much anything we need, yesterday, today, and tomorrow is right in the Constitution. Covers pretty much everything... all one needs to do is apply it to a current situation. On the RARE occasions that something is not there, or that something specific needs to be altered, the amendment process is there. For the most part, it isn't needed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Nope. Like I said it almost never has.
    Nope. Like I said it pretty much always does.

    Yes, with the meanings and intent of the clauses in mind. That is not how it is practiced to day or in almost all of our history.
    With the meanings and intents applied to things that occur that the founders didn't consider, but are still easily applicable.

    No they don't. They wiggle around it to find how they can change the meaning of clauses for what they want at the time. It is no surprise that cases like Texas v. White decided the introduction that has no power all of sudden implies and was meant so that leaving the union was illegal. It is no surprise that the commerce clause went from meaning fed has the powr to end disputes between the listed members(and no one else) to mean complete control over the commerce regardless of group. It is no surprise the welfare clause that was intended so that laws cover the country as a whole and not just one area of the country all of sudden mean "safety net programs" and welfare of the people. None of this is a surprise. It is the will of man seeing what they want to see so they can reach the goals they desire. The morality of the lines that are on the paper is long gone and in fact had a very short life span. In fact, the founders themselves breached the intent of what they created with one of their very first actions after the country was founded. The supreme court has always been what is today, a badly implemented and planned idea.
    Wrong, of course. Everything you mentioned is right there in the Constitution. It is easy to apply things there to things that happen today. That's what makes the document so great and so timeless. If this wasn't possible, we'd have to rewrite the Constitution every 50 years or so.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Exactly. That is just an argument for people that wish to change it to their desires.
    No, it's an argument that is an accurate description of the the Constitution's application. Like I said... everything is there.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    there you go now you see what im talking about and what my example was based on.
    I am OK with them not stalking them also but if I could vote tomorrow to make them stock them I would do it 100%. WHy you ask because its still discriminaition IMO where do we draw the line, we only accept it now because BC drugs or abortions drugs arent going to harm the person in a life or death way if they arent dispensed but what if it was a drug that was criticle in life or death?
    It's not discrimination. No one HAS to sell the drug if they do not want to.

    Say I was in a small town, one public pharmacy and the drug that I needed to keep me alive was against the pharmists religion for some reason, he chose not to stock it and now my life is put in danger because of this? that is totally unacceptable in my opinion.[q/uote]

    Go to a different town.

    Now we can say hey what if they were out or closed my life would have been in danger too and yes I agree but those arent decisions made by anothers religion/morals that would be indirectly forced on me.
    You are not forced to shop at that one pharmacy.

    When the decisions are based solely on religion and effect me in the public realm I will always deam them as WRONG and discrimination. I have y own religious beliefs and I am simply not arrogant, selfish or silly enough to think if I own or operate a public store I get to play by my own rules, If I cant handle public rules that WE ALL have to play by I simply dont play.
    You are again using the word "public" incorrectly. It is a private business.

    q[uote]But i am glad that you do agree with my example

    public pharmacy, in stock and I have a prescription, I get my meds and the morals of the pharmacist are of no conern
    We don't agree. There is no "public" pharmacy in your example. If the business decides that they will not sell BC, you're out of luck. Go elsewhere. If the pharmacist does this against company policy, complain to management. They will either insist that he sell the drug, or fire him.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #49
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    152

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study - Yahoo! News




    The pharmacies giving misinformation and/or outright lying need to be published.

    I'd boycott them and hope that others would too.
    How can you do that ....? Must pass the rule for Drugs with out prescription don't allow to sell.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: 1 in 5 Pharmacies Hinders Teens' Access to 'Morning-After' Pill: Study

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I'd boycott them and hope that others would too.
    How do I know if one of my local pharmacies is one which gave inaccurate information? Is there a website I can go to and search my zip-code or city?

    Also, being a healthy person who hasn't had the need of a pharmacy in several years, how would you suggest I boycott a given pharmacy?

    How will I know when to end a boycott? How will I be notified that a given pharmacy has changed it's ways?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •