Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1219

Thread: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

  1. #361
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I did. Go back and look.
    I did. You didn't. If you did, point me to it.


    But to address my point, it has to. otherwise, it's an apple to tree frog comparison, which it was actually.

    And as a group, they do. It is doing. We know that will happen.
    It "has to" in order for your argument that the mandate is constitutional to work, sure. But that's not the same as it being correct. It's not. Period.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #362
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I looked. You didn't.
    Not well. I see no response from you to post 318.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #363
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not well. I see no response from you to post 318.
    A lack of a response indicates nothing, and you still didn't.

    :
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #364
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Wow, you have a fertile imagination!
    Thanks for the compliment. Were you even born in '93 when this came up previously? I was. And I do remember.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I did. You didn't. If you did, point me to it.




    It "has to" in order for your argument that the mandate is constitutional to work, sure. But that's not the same as it being correct. It's not. Period.
    Post 318. And the Constitutional issue is another issue altogether, which is currently being decided by the courts, as it should be.

    The point is effectively, you cannot opt of of something that will happen sooner or later, and for a number when it happens, that cost is passed on to us. As there is no way to know in advance who, the only way yo plan for it is to cover all. As a group, they are right now engaged. the uninsured are right now receiving the care, thus engaged in commerce.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    A lack of a response indicates nothing, and you still didn't.

    :

    Have comprehension issues? Nothing to be ashamed of. But I can help. Ask questions if you're confused.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #367
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not well. I see no response from you to post 318.
    What, this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's really far too simple. I don't have to pay for your death. Your death doesn't run up my costs of dying. There is no real commerce involved. Here, I can bury you in the back yard. I promise I'll give your family a good deal.

    With health care, that cost is passed on. Those who are responsible pay for those who guess wrong. So, your irresponsibility is passed on to others.
    Did you not understand me when I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    You did no such thing. Nothing I said had anything to do with who pays for what.
    I say again:

    "Will do" does not equal "is doing," and to say it does is idiotic. That's my argument. You haven't touched it. I think you know you can't, so you have to throw as much spaghetti against the wall as you possibly can in order to distract.
    So no, you have not addressed that argument, "directly" or otherwise. You instead argued about what you preferred I would have said, but didn't.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #368
    Professor
    Billy the Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,449

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Latest from the Supremes

    http://www.scotusblog.com/

    Here is the last sentence of the summary.

    "All that said, the challengers have more to cheer about tonight than does the administration, which needs one more vote and has at best two potential fifth votes, both of whom seemed deeply skeptical of the individual mandate’s constitutionality today."

  9. #369
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What, this?



    Did you not understand me when I said:



    I say again:



    So no, you have not addressed that argument, "directly" or otherwise. You instead argued about what you preferred I would have said, but didn't.
    That's not really an answer. The response was that your example doesn't apply as it does not take into consideration who pays for it. If you don't include the cost and passing on of that cost, your example doesn't work. Pointing this out is addressing your point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #370
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's not really an answer. The response was that your example doesn't apply as it does not take into consideration who pays for it. If you don't include the cost and passing on of that cost, your example doesn't work. Pointing this out is addressing your point.
    That, too, is idiotic. It's just more spaghetti. "Will do" does not equal "is doing." There is no other "consideration," period.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •