Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1219

Thread: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

  1. #1131
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Irrelevant, as people may disagree on the answer. The point is, people hold the power to overthrow the government every election cycle. Attacking workers isn't a productive method. You don't like how those who represent you did their job, exercise your power.
    The myth that the people have power is a widespread one. We have two parties, both full of hypocrites and those that do not care about the people. And a citizenship that either doesn't care or is too lazy to do anything but vote party line.

    Until the damage is undone and the 'big two' are gone, no real advancement can be made. We continue to slide into demise, regardless of which of the 'big two' is in charge.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #1132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    The myth that the people have power is a widespread one. We have two parties, both full of hypocrites and those that do not care about the people. And a citizenship that either doesn't care or is too lazy to do anything but vote party line.

    Until the damage is undone and the 'big two' are gone, no real advancement can be made. We continue to slide into demise, regardless of which of the 'big two' is in charge.
    If we don't have power, then all is lost and we're no different than a more authoritarian government. So to support it would be to support something opposite our praised ideals. So, you paint yourself into a rather anti-American box gong down that road. If we have the power and choose not to exercise it, as I think it is, then we may still be toast, but it's self inflicted.

    And voting party line is less a problem than not participating at all. Largely we've succeed in putting everyone to sleep. And further dividing people into us and them only worsens the situation. Again, we are to blame.

    But, all of this is besides the point. The employee is not solely to blame. Focusing all your anger on one side of the equation, the wrong side no less, is kind of foolish. There was another side, the one representing you, that you are ignoring. Tell me how that makes sense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1133
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There was another side, the one representing you, that you are ignoring.
    In all that, you missed that there is nobody representing me, or most of Americans. They are in it for their own gain, nothing more.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #1134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    In all that, you missed that there is nobody representing me, or most of Americans. They are in it for their own gain, nothing more.
    Even if that were true, that would still not be the employee's fault. Your elected representatives in our system do represent you, even when you are a minority opinion. However, it doesn't matter. The employee is not to blame. Your focus is in the wrong direction.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1135
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You should look at my posts more closely. Unlike many I'm very flexable about this situation. If you don't want to buy health insurance then don't. But at the same time, don't expect to steal MY health dollars that I've been paying for years because you have an accident or get sick and now need help from a system you didn't help to build. It's as simple as that. Some people want the choice to not invest in the system then expect it to literally save their ass when they need it. Screw that!

    If you want out, you're more than welcome to leave - and don't come back because I don't want to hear you whining and crying when you're dying of injuries, cancer, or heart disease.
    Imagine that. I agree with your sentiments.

  6. #1136
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    WARNING: Creationist!
    Scientific and historic evidence should be checked at the door when attempting to engage in conversation!
    Creationist? LOL.
    I did some surveying in the Colorado Rocky Mountains in the mid-1970s. It was the hardest physical work I have ever done. We spent all day hiking up one mountain or another looking for brass plates with cross-hairs on them. A few of them were in very hard places. But I loved the work.

    Then I moved on to other things.
    Army
    President
    CEO
    Network engineer
    Systems engineer
    Lead Designer on what has become a billion dollar program
    Engineer Manager (one level below a director)

    Not bad for a 40 year work history.

    But creationist? That is just a bit funny.

  7. #1137
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But nearly everyone will use healthcare sooner or later.
    And we all eat food, drink, water and wipe our butts with toilet paper. Am I on the hook to buy you government provided food, water, and toilet paper too?

    Or should you buy what fits your needs and I will buy what fits my needs?

  8. #1138
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The US is easy! It was started by the capitalist’s ideals of those rich colonists who did not qualify to participate in the executive branches of the British monarchy, so they had designs on starting their own government that played by their own rules and gave them the financial freedom they wanted.
    I admit that this was difficult to unravel. Are you actually as ignorant as you sound?

    Today’s markets are not contorted or twisted by anything the US or US state governments have done.
    So the 80,000 plus rules and regulations at the federal level plus the thousands more at the state level are having no impact on businesses and therefore the market? Is that your argument? Are you actually as ignorant as you sound?

    In fact, quite the contrary has been a work since 1979 in this country: corporate and Wall Street interests have legislated a tax code and financial market system of loopholes and speculation (on the come gambling) that has ripped the very strength and trust of this country’s economy right out from underneath everybody’s feet, and I defy you to prove that my assessments are not true.
    Okay. You are as ignorant as you sound. I get it.

    How do corporations legislate?
    What are loopholes and speculation? What is on the come gambling?

    Lastly: You seem a bit incapable of separating reason from your political prejudices: labeling me a socialist is just a lazy dodge for an inability to argue reason.
    Is it your intention to force me (and those like me who actually pay the federal income taxes) to pay for the things you want? If that isn't socialsim then what would you call it? I am willing to accept that you call it theft and the person doing it a thief. But the broader term is socialist.

    Moreover, trying to mix freedom with health care and the government is almost pornographic in that “freedom” used as such, exploits something very dear and intimate to every US citizen as well as those trying to achieve citizenship, not to mention the losses of those who have died trying to maintain it under the attacks of autocratic despots.
    Let's see:
    "mix freedom with health care and the government"
    "exploits something very dear and intimate"
    "to every US citizen and those trying to achieve citizenship"
    ...and on and on and on.

    What?

    You should not be on drugs when your post on this board. While using drugs I suggest that you read. Do not post while toasted.

    I suggest that you rethink your position and try a reasonable and credible approach at making a case for your opinions.
    I shall mark you down as undecided.

  9. #1139
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    (chuckle)

    I'm 55 years old. My life's experience afforded me the wisdom to start thinking about my long term future when I turned 21 and joined the Teamster's Union. Having then reached the age of 50 in 2007, and knowing that in less than a year I could retire making as much money playing on the internet as I did working, I planned to retire and continue my education; which I'm doing now.

    So, again; reason wins over prejudice every time.

    Think - research - engage
    That explains it all. Union thug. Communist sympathizer. Got it. Happy you.

    Good luck with your education. I suggest that you try the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx followed by practically anything written by Hayek and Mises.
    Then follow up with Adam Smith's Inquiry into the Wealth of Nations. Then more by Hayek. If you fail to reach enlightenment reach for anything written by Mark Levin. I suggest you start with something light, Liberty and Tyranny, for example. Then top it off with Ameritopia.

    Then come back and let's converse. If it does not change your mind you are lost.

  10. #1140
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That is a benefit of union membership and propper planning. When I exited my position, there a good man to replace me and to continue his long range planning. Now, when I receive my degree and reenter the work force, my pension becomes an asset; capital gain if you will, which can be invested and passed on.

    So, I think you're really just a bit shocked that union membership affords such things when a man puts his mind to it. This also reveals why teh right is trying to do away with teh current pension system in unions.
    LOL. I really don't object when a union destroys its host company. The union dies along with the company. But I absolutely object to public sector unions whose members are making deals with democratic politicians. Those unions must be outlawed for the good of the taxpayer.

    No matter. You have your good deal. Go for it and prosper. Perhaps you will be the death of the idea that was America.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •