Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1219

Thread: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

  1. #1081
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All these things came about for a reason, and too often we forget the history that led to it. Government didn't jump up and just decide to do things for no reason. People, group like the AMA, and events all worked together to lead us in this direction.
    Doesn't change the fact that it increases the cost of these services

    This post was made from my phone.please excuse spelling mistakes
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that it increases the cost of these services

    This post was made from my phone.please excuse spelling mistakes
    Maybe, but the reasons that brought us here means that won't change. Knowing the history can help inform us on where to go next.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1083
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,680

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    The entire process is controlled by the AMA, from deciding which schools qualify for accreditation, were a person can conduct clinicals, how long they last, and what a doctor or non doctor can/can't do. The problem is not requiring a license, but what's required to even apply for that license and barring non doctors from doing "doctors" work. Why can't there be a, eye throat and ear doctor that doesn't have to go through 8+ years of schooling? Why are doctors the only ones allowed to do test for strept, set bones etc?


    This post was made from my phone.please excuse spelling mistakes
    Human health is a very delicate and intimate matter that requires the utmost skill and confidence. Making it very difficult to be a doctor and to set up clinics etc is one of the best regulations we have for insuring our safety. Loosening those restraints adds up to fraud and trouble.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #1084
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Human health is a very delicate and intimate matter that requires the utmost skill and confidence. Making it very difficult to be a doctor and to set up clinics etc is one of the best regulations we have for insuring our safety. Loosening those restraints adds up to fraud and trouble.
    There are piratical reforms that would reduce the cost of entry and this the choosy of health care without endangering peoples' lives and ive already listed some. Expanding the role of nurse practitioners, midwifery, and technical care (procedures that don't require full doctor training such as ear eye and throat doctors and general check UPS such as throat swabing) would do wonders to reduce cost. Then there is allowing doctors trained overseas to practice in the us with minimal barrier of entry (a test). Then we can expand the schools qualified to train doctors (is artificially restrained by the AMA). There's more but that would help immensely

    This post was made from my phone.please excuse spelling mistakes
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  5. #1085
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Allowing the government to mandate that you, an individual, HAS to buy something is "freedom and liberty"????? What world do you friggen live in? I would rather pay higher taxes than be forced to give any private buisness my money if I do not want to.

    So whats next? Health gyms? Have to buy X amount of spinach?
    LOL. Individual payer is you paying for what you want to buy while I pay for what I want to buy. It is the central tenet of freedom. :-)

  6. #1086
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    If you don't buy a car and need to go someplace you should expect to walk. In the case of health insurance, you should be prepared to die to defend your Right to not own it. Of course, if you're just crippled for life you will continue to be a drain on society because I doubt you'd be willing to embrace seppuku.
    Yes. If you do not take care of your needs why should I be forced to? If the gene pool is shallow on the end you occupy why should I be forced to take care of you? What gives you a greater moral claim on the things I create than I have?

    Or do you believe that you are not just a common thief as long as you get the government to take from me by force that which you are unable or unwilling to try to take?

  7. #1087
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're full of it....You'd no more buy a car for a poor person, then the man on the moon....lol....No, what you really want is for the rest of us to be forced to buy that car, while you are exempted...Now that is reality...Socialism is for the people, NOT the Socialist.


    j-mac
    Those with undisclosed leans then to have the most to hide. This one is as red as they get. He and all like him must be completely defeated, lest they breed.

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Exempted?

    Man, it's no wonder it seems like Conservatives can't think logically! They can't see any other world than their own little bubble so they never have all the facts. I shouldn't laugh, though, it's really kinda' sad.



    Ed:
    If I ever thought you were full of **** you just confirmed it. LOL!
    Did you just fart?

  9. #1089
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And again, no where did I say only one side uses the politics of fear. I said it works. And when we hear the death panle nonsense and the socialist/communist/facist nonsense, it is clear your side understands this as well as any.
    Are you saying that the death panels will not exist? Or is your argument that they are not yet needed so they won't exist until the monster known as Obamacare is fully implemented? How did government health care work for the Soviet Union? That is the example we should look to as we embrace the communistic model. Under Communism ones politics and status drove the quality of one's health care. Will it be any different here?

    Why do you believe it is nonsense? It is happening before our eyes.

  10. #1090
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Supreme Court health care arguments under way

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The unencumbered market never works, as we can see by today’s economic reality.
    How then, do you explain the United States? Unencumbered means without the distortions that governments bring to the markets when they go beyond simple police powers.

    The unencumbered health care market has whittled down to seven primary companies, which of course equal less choice and fixed gouging prices creating the problem we have with health care today. So, no, leaving the market to decide healthcare practices and value is not a good idea.
    Do you believe today's market, twisted and contorted by massive government interference is unencumbered?

    And you close by saying “my desire for socialism is strong”??? And then you further insult the principal of freedom and try and weave that principal into health care???

    I’m afraid your post doesn’t say anything at all with respect to this subject.
    Are you denying your socialist tendency?
    How can anyone be free who depends on the government for health care?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •