Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    How does that changed what I said?

    I agree that a struggle took place, it is my opinion that Zimmerman initiated that struggle, not Trayvon. And in my world losing a fight that you start is not justification for shooting someone. If it is, nerd of the world rejoice, start all the fights you want, and shoot the person when you start losing the fight
    But the Law does not go by conjecture. I am not debating the court of public opinion. I don't give a **** about that.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    LOL ....... so it does not count because its "Fox".

    Its the evidence we got. OBTW, if you are on the ground, being beaten, you can defend yourself .............. and its legal. Provide evidence that Zimmerman first assaulted Trayvon, and maybe you make a case for manslaughter. But you don't have such evidence. WTF is the problem with honoring the evidence we have until we get more ? If it even exists ? Whaqt you and others have argued is to ignore the current evidence.
    the headline says that the witness claims that Martin attacked Zimmerman.

    the article, says no such thing.

    the headline, is a lie.

  3. #43
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and if one doesn't want to be treated like a vigilante cop wannabee-then don't disregard what the 9-1-1 dispatcher tells one to do
    I got news for ya. We had a couple of dispatchers make screw ups and confirm warrants that were not valid. Agency wound up paying the lotto winners some big money

    Call types are wrong, bad about getting important info, etc. or just forget to tell that a domestic suspect was armed with a handgun. Its plain lucky that some of the worst freaking ones haven't cost a cop their life at some point.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    But the Law does not go by conjecture. I am not debating the court of public opinion. I don't give a **** about that.
    Niether am I

    The article does not state who started the struggle, just that Zimmerman was on the losing end of it
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    its interesting how a Fox affiliate, would LIE about their own damn report.

    no where in the report, does it say that the witness saw Martin attack Zimmerman.

    it only says that he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman, who started the altercation is NOT mentioned.

    but hey, its Fox.
    False. The eyewitness account is that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, hitting him, while Zimmerman cried for help. There is corroboration of this. Further, the eyewitness who reports this was on the phone with the police while it happened, while he reported Martin on top of Zimmerman, and the gunshot. The police arrived one minute later.

    Your argument is that maybe Zimmerman took the first swing. Maybe he did. But there is no evidence of such, and frankly, as Zimmerman knew the cops were coming, as he called them, is a logic fail.

    I likely will not be wasting any more time replying to you. I got my exercise in, and your arguments are very poor IMMHO.

    Cheers.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Niether am I

    The article does not state who started the struggle, just that Zimmerman was on the losing end of it
    Last reply. Yes, you did conjecture that Zimmerman was the first to assault. Produce evidence, and it won't be conjecture. But you did not.

    Like it or not, if you are on the ground, being assaulted, you can use deadly force in many parts of the country to defend yourself. Even libs.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    False. The eyewitness account is that Martin was on top of Zimmerman, hitting him, while Zimmerman cried for help. There is corroboration of this. Further, the eyewitness who reports this was on the phone with the police while it happened, while he reported Martin on top of Zimmerman, and the gunshot. The police arrived one minute later.

    Your argument is that maybe Zimmerman took the first swing. Maybe he did. But there is no evidence of such, and frankly, as Zimmerman knew the cops were coming, as he called them, is a logic fail.

    I likely will not be wasting any more time replying to you. I got my exercise in, and your arguments are very poor IMMHO.

    Cheers.
    So losing a fight you start is justification for shooting someone

    yes or no

    If Zimmerman did take the first swing is not what Trayvon did self defense, would Trayvon not have been justified in shooting Zimmerman at that moment in time as self defense
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    So losing a fight you start is justification for shooting someone

    yes or no

    If Zimmerman did take the first swing is not what Trayvon did self defense, would Trayvon not have been justified in shooting Zimmerman at that moment in time as self defense
    Produce evidence.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Last reply. Yes, you did conjecture that Zimmerman was the first to assault. Produce evidence, and it won't be conjecture. But you did not.

    Like it or not, if you are on the ground, being assaulted, you can use deadly force in many parts of the country to defend yourself. Even libs.
    Right and which is why I feel that if Trayvon had a gun and shot Zimmerman it would have been in self defense
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #50
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Jeb Bush: 'Stand Your Ground' Doesn't Apply in Trayvon Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Produce evidence.
    I would ask the same of you

    produce evidence that Trayvon initiated first contact and assaulted Zimmerman first
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •