Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    join the active discussion on this topic. this one can be about your absolute glee over the politicization of this tragedy and your strange notion that the nation will unite over a gun rights dispute.
    I can't believe you think this is about gun rights. Are all Conservatives so narrow minded? Oops, I answered my own question.

  2. #42
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I can't believe you think this is about gun rights. Are all Conservatives so narrow minded? Oops, I answered my own question.
    that and reverse racism are the agendas fueling this in the media.

    the facts all bear out routine self defense. not stand your ground. not rampant racism. routine self defense.

  3. #43
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Real Conservative.

    Will you please stop perseverating about the thread itself? I'll bet your nicknames are Real Control Freak and Real Lonely. If you don't like the thread go away? Avoid it. We don't need a bazillion posts from one poster complaining about the OP.

    Real Risky










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,434
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No reason?
    That football player attacked him.

    Also, he wasn't under any obligation to follow the dispatchers advise.




    Here is some more evidence that those not participating in the other thread may not be aware of.
    You get around to explaining how Zimmerman left out the verbal exchange with Martin in his story of the event?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #45
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    The facts all bear out routine self defense. not stand your ground. not rampant racism. routine self defense.
    Yes, for Martin.

    An armed man cannot scare the livin' bejeebers out of someone by slowly following him with his car...then exit his car and approach and then, because he's the last man standing, claim self-defense. Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #46
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Real Conservative.

    Will you please stop perseverating about the thread itself? I'll bet your nicknames are Real Control Freak and Real Lonely. If you don't like the thread go away? Avoid it. We don't need a bazillion posts from one poster complaining about the OP.

    Real Risky
    take it up with the mods, otherwise I'll point out I have contributed far more info in this thread then you, making your demand rather idiotic.

  7. #47
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Yes, for Martin.

    An armed man cannot scare the livin' bejeebers out of someone by slowly following him with his car...then exit his car and approach and then, because he's the last man standing, claim self-defense. Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car.
    your take on these events is severely skewed

    here is the entire 911 call

    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html

    Martin was scared when Zimmerman was simply at his car, on the phone with the police and looking at Martin.

    your argument is a free person can't get out of the car and check to see where a potential suspect just ran off to.

    its an opinion you can hold, but it will have no bearing on the makeup of this legal case.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,434
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Zimmerman's attorney is not claiming SYG applies. His client killed Martin in self defense.



    Zimmerman's lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't apply in Trayvon Martin case - CNN.com
    So his own lawyer says the cops were wrong to not press charges based on SYG?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #49
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your take on these events is severely skewed

    here is the entire 911 call

    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...zimmerman.html

    Martin was scared when Zimmerman was simply at his car, on the phone with the police and looking at Martin.

    your argument is a free person can't get out of the car and check to see where a potential suspect just ran off to.

    its an opinion you can hold, but it will have no bearing on the makeup of this legal case.
    Ridiculous. If he was "already scared," sensible people would ask, "Then why the hell didn't you just drive away?? You damn well knew the LEO's were on their way." That's not going to fly, my friend.

    Whether or not charges are pressed, whether or not he is found guilty or innocent, a whole bunch of law-abiding Americans are going to put the blame for Martin's death squarely on Zimmerman's shoulders...where it belongs.

    Stay in the car and drive away: A few minutes later, a marked police car pulls up to Martin...a uniformed police officer exits his vehicle...asks Martin what his business is in the neighborhood (Personally, I don't think he should even ask that.) Martin tells him...continues to walk to his dad's girlfriend's house...drinks his iced tea...and finishes his Skittles.
    Last edited by MaggieD; 03-24-12 at 01:23 PM.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #50
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So his own lawyer says the cops were wrong to not press charges based on SYG?
    which officer by name cited stand your ground as the reason to not arrest? do you have that link?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •