Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #21
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yep.
    Info and link in the post you quoted.
    small portion of what could be found in the actual thread dealing with this subject

    ~summary article
    George Zimmerman Arrest Report | Weer'd World

    ~eye witness article
    Man shot and killed in neighborhood altercation

    ~report
    http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf

    ~911 transcript
    Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

    approx map of dead body, also in general vicinity of where truck is described to be parked in trascripts
    ~1231 Twin Trees Lane, Sanford, FL - Google Maps

    ~girlfriend testimony
    Trayvon Martin case: 16-year-old girl recalls last phone conversation minutes before Martin was shot dead: report* - NY Daily News

  2. #22
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    And, you know that how, exactly? You were there? You witnessed Trayvon, attacking Zimmerman?




    Common sense should have told the man to follow the dispatchers advise. Apparently, Zimmerman, had no common sense.




    Oh, so that's evidence now? You post a link from WHAT source, to prove that Zimmerman was the one being attacked? Are you kidding me!

    Zimmerman, places the call to 911
    Zimmerman, is the one staring down Trayvon, because Zimmerman is the one giving a description to the police
    Zimmerman, is the one who indicts himself with the statement, "They always get away with stuff like this..." (stuff like what? and who is "they" by the way)
    Zimmerman, is one who leave his house and pursues after 911 effectively tells him not to
    Zimmerman, is the one who confronts Trayvon
    Zimmerman, is the one who approaches Trayvon
    Zimmerman, is the one carrying a concealed weapon
    Zimmerman, had a past that was known for making bogus calls to 911
    Zimmerman, self appoints as the neighborhood "watchmen"

    At every turn, Zimmerman, is controlling AND escalating the situation. Zimmerman, could have stayed his butt in the house until the police arrived on the scene. The boy was heading home from the damn store. At what point is heading home from the store a criminal act, a possible criminal act, a suspicious act, or an act the is in anyway hostile, aggressive and/or somehow threatening to anyone?

    Any fool, worth their weight in salt can clearly see what happened in this case.

    But, let another black man get accused of killing a white woman in this country and you'll be standing out in front of his door (long before he gets arrested) chanting your disapproval by labeling him a "Murder, Murder, Murder!" - before he ever goes to trial, or even gets arrested and charged with a criminal act.

    Hypocrisy in America strikes again, no doubt.
    Exactly, and let me stress again that, under the Stand Your Ground law, it does not apply if YOU are the one who is escalating the situation. And the 911 recording itself is the smoking gun here. Zimmerman was clearly stalking Martin.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This ought to ruffle some feather's.
    As far as I am concerned, by the admitted evidence, not all the extraneous bs, the verdict was just.
    So, you do have the ability to think independently. Hmmmm.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    But I must say - regarding this case about Zimmerman, it appears as though you have been poorly informed of the facts.
    What facts do you have that the rest of us don't have 10 times the access to?

    There was at least one female witness, whom the police never even tried to interview, who said that she both HEARD and SAW Trayvon, yelling and screaming the words: "Get off me! Get off.....", just before the gun shot was heard on the 911 tape. Now, what part about that do you not understand, exactly?

    This woman was not Black - she was more White than you are! She made it on MSNBC and CNN, but has not been heard from since then. Where is she now? What is this woman's name? Why have the police failed to interview here, and why has there been no arrest of Zimmerman at this point, when it was Zimmerman, who had "eyes on" the boy the entire time.

    Furthermore, if a white person gets gunned down by a black person next - will you likewise be this nonchalant about it? What about if that white person happened to be a family member or yours? Would you want the police to make an arrest then, or would you still be as nonchalant as you are right now that a black young boy was assassinated by a self proclaimed and self appointed "watchmen?"

    Be careful what you wish for.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    The quote you posted from me is from a different thread regarding one of Zimmerman's neighbors who is providing moral support.

    Geepers - you are right. But, I don't believe that to be my fault, based on what I told you in the PM. I keep getting re-routed for some odd reason and my post ends up getting compressed into text without paragraph separation. Just one big ball of text, which is not the way I type. I end up trying to re-post and things fall apart even more after that.

    It could be the Proxy that I'm using. I'll try to move my posts to where they belong. It is almost like there are two open sessions (connections) for me on debatepolitics.com. Very strange, but I'll figure out the technical problems.

    Thanks.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Moved to proper thread.

  6. #26
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    What facts do you have that the rest of us don't have 10 times the access to?

    There was at least one female witness, whom the police never even tried to interview, who said that she both HEARD and SAW Trayvon, yelling and screaming the words: "Get off me! Get off.....", just before the gun shot was heard on the 911 tape. Now, what part about that do you not understand, exactly?

    This woman was not Black - she was more White than you are! She made it on MSNBC and CNN, but has not been heard from since then. Where is she now?
    George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - Orlando Sentinel


    Sanford police on Thursday also challenged a WFTV-Channel 9 report, in which Mary Cutcher said police largely ignored her even though she told them, "I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling."

    Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account
    you have been duped by the media (IMO)

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The grand jury investigation of this case is most likely going to be shut down, but before anybody screams coverup, they should know that the special prosecutor appointed by Governor Scott is one of the most hard nosed Conservative prosecutors in the entire nation. Angela Corey has been criticized by Liberals for her controversial stances of trying juveniles as adults, and seeking maximum punishment in the vast majority of the cases she has tried. She will undoubtedly not be accepting any excuses from Zimmerman here. Instead, if she determines that Zimmerman broke the law, he will be going to prison for a very long time.

    In the end, this is not about Liberal versus Conservative. It is about the whole nation coming together against an asshole weekend warrior policeman wannabe who took the law into his own hands, and murdered an innocent boy. Democrats are shocked. Republicans are shocked. The police chief has been forced to step down, and justice is going to be meted out in spades. At this point, let me bring home 2 important points of Florida's Stand Your Ground Law:

    1) Under the law, you can only meet a threat with equal force. If you go further, then Stand Your Ground does not apply.

    AND (And this is most important)

    2) The person you stand up to must have been the one to initiate action which made you feel threatened. If you are stalking someone, or otherwise following them them, then it is YOU who initiated the confrontation, and Stand Your Ground does not apply. When Zimmerman ignored the police dispatcher's order to stop following Trayvon Martin, he cut himself off from Stand Your Ground, and thus, under Florida's law, he went from defending himself against a threat to committing homicide.

    At this time, I am not ready to say that there is a racist element to this case, in that police did not thoroughly investigate the shooting. I will chalk it up to incompetence. As for the prosecutor that Governor Scott appointed, this shows me that, if indeed, Zimmerman is to be charged with a crime, the State of Florida intends to make an example out of him, as a warning to other militia weekend warrior wannabes. In a civilized society you do NOT stalk someone, armed with a gun, for ANY reason. That's what police are for - To investigate the possibility that a crime is about to be committed, and then act accordingly. Those who are not cops, but attempt to take those kinds of powers unto themselves, as vigilantes, deserve whatever they get when they go off the reservation, as Zimmerman did.

    If there is a silver lining in all of this, it is that a law that many Florida policemen and prosecutors opposed is going to be under scrutiny, and may soon be abolished. Unfortunately, there is no silver lining for the mother of a boy who was murdered while purchasing a soft drink and a box of candy.

    Article is here.
    I'm curious what Curtis Silwa and other "neighborhood watch" advocates have to say about this case. As far as I am aware, carrying actual guns is not encouraged and neither is solo " neighborhood watching". I have forgotten the name of the "expert" that I heard today, but his track record as a defense attorney was listed before he spoke and he rarely loses. As a defense attorney. When asked what he as a defense attorney of note thought of the case, his take was that "best case" for Zimmerman is he got himself into a fight and when he started to lose it, he pulled his gun and shot the person he was fighting. This IMO does not actually require review of the law in question, though I'm not familiar with the issues around it. I put the use of the law as an excuse or rationalization at the feet of the local police chief/force and their so called "investigation".

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    ya, I imagine I'll get dinged for pointing at his little soap box rant about how we should all think would fit perfectly in the other thread on the top of this forum with 5 million views.
    Because it is a different aspect of the topic and that thread has more than enough participation, in fact it has become such a mess I unsubscribed from it. So if you don't like or want to participate in this one, by all means go away. Make sure you unsubscribe from it, this will aid you greatly on being bothered by all the nonsense you don't like in this one. Just saying.
    Last edited by Gie; 03-24-12 at 06:22 AM.

  8. #28
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Exactly, and let me stress again that, under the Stand Your Ground law, it does not apply if YOU are the one who is escalating the situation. And the 911 recording itself is the smoking gun here. Zimmerman was clearly stalking Martin.
    Zimmerman's attorney is not claiming SYG applies. His client killed Martin in self defense.

    "In my legal opinion, that's not really applicable to this case. The statute on 'stand your ground' is primarily when you're in your house," said Craig Sonner, attorney for George Zimmerman. "This is self-defense, and that's been around for forever -- that you have a right to defend yourself. So the next issue (that) is going to come up is, was he justified in using the amount of force he did?"
    Zimmerman's lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't apply in Trayvon Martin case - CNN.com
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Zimmerman's attorney is not claiming SYG applies. His client killed Martin in self defense.



    Zimmerman's lawyer: 'Stand your ground' doesn't apply in Trayvon Martin case - CNN.com
    Thank you Maggie. That of course is what Zimmerman's defense attorneys will try to claim. We will be living with this case for at least the next two years, not sure I'll still be around here by then. But the long time score keepers (who never cease to share with me the long time score, from all political directions, uninvited) are no doubt already making their list. You post should confound them for a bit, until they check your other posts on the topic. Wink.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Whoa there driver, you really are misinformed on this case.
    At this point I have given actual quotes, and the actual evidence that is currently known. Not supposition.
    Please understand that.
    The actual evidence that is known.
    Not supposition.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    And, you know that how, exactly? You were there? You witnessed Trayvon, attacking Zimmerman?
    I already gave the evidence of this.
    See post 11.
    That is the only evidence we have.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    Common sense should have told the man to follow the dispatchers advise. Apparently, Zimmerman, had no common sense.
    He was acting in the capacity of NW and was trying to keep a suspicious person under observation until the police arrived.
    There is nothing wrong with that at all.
    We find out from Trayvon's girlfriend that Trayvon lost Zimmerman.
    And then in Zimmerman's statement, which is evidence, states that he was attacked from behind on his way back to his truck.


    Zimmerman, places the call to 911
    Check.
    Zimmerman, is the one staring down Trayvon, because Zimmerman is the one giving a description to the police
    Mischaracterization of observing, but
    Check
    Zimmerman, is the one who indicts himself with the statement, "They always get away with stuff like this..." (stuff like what? and who is "they" by the way)
    Opinion and not fact.
    This means nothing and has no effect on the actual evidence.
    Zimmerman, is one who leave his house and pursues after 911 effectively tells him not to
    Wrong
    he was in his truck, and a suggestion is not an effective anything, and it really doesn't matter because of no obligation see post #11
    Zimmerman, is the one who confronts Trayvon
    Wrong
    Trayvon's girlfriend confirms that Trayvon confronts Zimmerman first with a question
    Zimmerman, is the one who approaches Trayvon according to the evidence
    Wrong
    Zimmerman's statement was that he was attacked from behind. That would be Trayvon approaching him first.
    Zimmerman, is the one carrying a concealed weapon
    Check
    legally carrying concealed
    Zimmerman, had a past that was known for making bogus calls to 911
    Wrong
    Zimmerman, self appoints as the neighborhood "watchmen"
    Wrong
    Trayvon was not actually going home. So you are wrong again.
    And, not that you said it, but he wasn't in his own neighborhood as many have said.

    Links can be provided for all the above information accept for the one that is solely your opinion. Most has already been provide in the other thread.
    But if you are not going to use that independent thinker and believe in factual evidence, then you should hunt for them yourself.
    But if you are willing to give them an honest review I will be more than happy to provide the information in this topic also.

    The previously provided quotes and links in this thread should have already pointed out some of the flaws in what you believe about this case.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    But, let another black man get accused of killing a white woman in this country and you'll be standing out in front of his door (long before he gets arrested) chanting your disapproval by labeling him a "Murder, Murder, Murder!" - before he ever goes to trial, or even gets arrested and charged with a criminal act.
    You got the wrong person here driver.


    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Exactly
    It isn't "exactly" when he is factually incorrect and just plain wrong.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •